SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

On the Ridley thing:

While it's clear that the Miiverse quote is definitely referring to Ridley, I think there's still reason to suspect that Ridley isn't a stage hazard. The big one being that if he was, then why hasn't Sakurai shown him off yet? I mean, why hide a central gimmick to Pyrosphere for this long? If he's worried about the negative backlash, then he's only delaying what will happen anyway.

It's possible that Ridley could be a stage hazard, I admit. I think it'd be stupid if he still wasn't playable after 3 f***ing games, but whatever.

Or it could be that clone Ridley is the hazard and original Ridley is playable. :p

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Zelda we're getting for Smash 3U IS her Twilight Princess incarnation for some reason even though we have SkySword Link, so I suppose that's possible... Although I have a feeling the Alfonso principle is more likely to be the case if Ridley is indeed playable.

Still, I can't help but be reluctant to get my hopes up. =w=;

If no news means good news, I hope that also applies to Takamaru and Dillon.

As for Tiki being an Assist Trophy, she'd actually be quite an awesome choice: have her enter in human form (child or adult, doesn't matter to me, though child form did have more appearances in the series) standing silently but in meditation, then suddenly changing into a radiant white holy dragon and wreaking havoc on everything in her range with tail and claw swipes and holy fire breath. I was thinking the original Pegasus sisters would be a new assist trophy if anything, but I like the Tiki idea better.

I don't know who Dillon is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Takamaru after his game was featured in NintendoLand as one of the attractions. But regarding Tiki, yes exactly! Personally I'd expect her older form since that's the most recent version of her, but I'd be cool with either.

Also, just an afterthought but thank you for realizing why size doesn't matter for Ridley =w= That is seriously one of the worst arguments against him being playable. Gawd I love how reasonably intelligent and possessing of common sense and respect Serenes Forestites are

Edited by BANRYU

I don't know who Dillon is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Takamaru after his game was featured in NintendoLand as one of the attractions. But regarding Tiki, yes exactly! Personally I'd expect her older form since that's the most recent version of her, but I'd be cool with either.

Dillion is the Armadillo Cowboy Ranger Protagonist that appeared in Dillion's Rolling Western and Dillion's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger that both of his games were released for the Nintendo 3DS as a downloadable game in the Nintendo e-Shop. And plus, he can roll really fast and his attacks when he rolls are pretty strong.

Yeah, I kinda wanted to see if Dillion might make it as a good Newcomer for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U also.

Edited by King Marth 64

Well, the Zelda we're getting for Smash 3U IS her Twilight Princess incarnation for some reason even though we have SkySword Link

A little something I remember hearing is that TECHNICALLY the Link in the next smash bros is actually the TP model, the main difference is that the TP model had the severe, heavy lighting textured onto it, whereas the smash bros model has adaptable lighting to help it fit more well on each stage

You can kind of see it here: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/zelda-characters-from-brawl-and-smash-bros.-4-comparison

Obviously it has been edited for proportions and the like, but it definitely appears to be the Twilight Princess model

Edited by Spiky

Dillion is the Armadillo Cowboy Ranger Protagonist that appeared in Dillion's Rolling Western and Dillion's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger that both of his games were released for the Nintendo 3DS as a downloadable game in the Nintendo e-Shop. And plus, he can roll really fast and his attacks when he rolls are pretty strong.Yeah, I kinda wanted to see if Dillion might make it as a good Newcomer for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U also.

Wouldn't Dillion be a little too similar to Sonic in that aspect? From what I know of Sakurai right now he is asking.

"What can x character do that no other smash characters can do"

I think the BLACK KNIGHT could be an interesting new character. I know, another sword-user, blah blah, but he could be done a little differently, because he has SPEARS! For those that played Dissidia, I was thinking Warp Powder as a down special, similar to Exdeath's Warp. Also, who DOESN'T want to see Eclipse as a Final Smash?

I think the BLACK KNIGHT could be an interesting new character. I know, another sword-user, blah blah, but he could be done a little differently, because he has SPEARS! For those that played Dissidia, I was thinking Warp Powder as a down special, similar to Exdeath's Warp. Also, who DOESN'T want to see Eclipse as a Final Smash?

Chrom has spears. Ephraim has spears. It's not that big of a deal. And the black knight doesn't even use spears at all. He CAN use them, but he still doesn't.

Edited by Comet

I think the Black Knight would end up being a bulkier Ike. Lol different moves of course but the concept due to their teacher being the same.

I'd think Sothe, Micaiah, Revamped!Roy, Leif or Ephriam, or, Sigurd/Seilph or Lyn could construct a more unique and interesting set of moves

Not to mention Chrom and or Lucina (Which I'd like to see them use their reclass classes somehow even along with their unique swordplay as seen in the various cut scenes)

Are there really that few supporters of the Avatar in Smash?

I mean, he'd be unique from all the usual sword fighters since he can use magic as well. And as the tactician, he represents the basic principle behind Fire Emblem, therefore representing not only the recent generation of FE but the series as a whole.

Also, the villager opened the way for costumizable avatars. And the Wii fit trainer shows that both genders can be represented. So what's wrong with including the Avatar?

Btw regarding the Ridley-issue: I don't really need or want him in the game, but I'd like to see him included, simply to end this awful argument once and for all. xD

I'd rather have Avatar over Chrom or Lucina. But that's because I don't like the latter two and while character-wise, the Avatar is a Sue, I think he/she would be more unique because magic. Final Smash could be Ignis. Also, if Chrom and/or Lucina were playable, I'd be afraid that Sakurai would give them Great Aether or Aether as an FS and I believe that should be Ike's alone because he had it first. xP Not to mention it would be kind of lazy.

You know who else can use magic and swords?

Leif, Ceclia not to mention a good chunk of non main characters

The avatars stack of weapon choice is hardly unique for fe. But I suppose latest game and such but I dislike the avatar idea a little less then Miis considering Robin has an identity of sorts but even then it bugs me. Villager doesn't bug me because its the only way animal crossing can get a fighter and keep the feel of its series in smash.

Avatar has only been a two game deal. In an ever changing series. But maybe that goes to his/her support as well. 3 I suppose of you count the tactician in fe7.

We do have Tactician characters in the franchise such as Olfaye, Leywn and Soren but their chances are pretty moot.

You know who else can use magic and swords?

Leif, Ceclia not to mention a good chunk of non main characters

The avatars stack of weapon choice is hardly unique for fe. But I suppose latest game and such but I dislike the avatar idea a little less then Miis considering Robin has an identity of sorts but even then it bugs me. Villager doesn't bug me because its the only way animal crossing can get a fighter and keep the feel of its series in smash.

Um, I meant unique for SSB, not FE...

We don't yet have a character that uses a combination of swords and magic, though that could change if Sakurai has Ganny use his sword.

Um, I meant unique for SSB, not FE...

We don't yet have a character that uses a combination of swords and magic, though that could change if Sakurai has Ganny use his sword.

because we weren't talking about fire emblem reps in smash just now... and he wasn't just listing other major fe characters who could use those weapons...

Cecilia is hardly a main/major character from what I know. Sakurai once considered Leif, but it doesn't appear that he's reconsidered him since, so I doubt he has a chance.

Edited by Anacybele

I think the time when the Black Knight might be a probable option has passed. Not denying that he'd be an interesting character, (hell, pretty much anyone can be) but I think his chances of getting in are more or less nil.

Dillon sounds like a pretty cool/unique new potential candidate though, actually.

I can't remember all the people I hoped/predicted would be playable, but some of them are Shulk from Xenoblade, K.Rool from DK, Simon Belmont from Castlevania, and... uh.... ...I can't remember the others. I think Isaac was in there, as was Little Mac pre-announcement.

LOL whoops I actually wrote this hours ago and didn't see all the replies that happened between now and then

Edited by BANRYU

Cecilia is hardly a main/major character from what I know. Sakurai once considered Leif, but it doesn't appear that he's reconsidered him since, so I doubt he has a chance.

she's definitely more major than the black knight. she's actually a lord i think. and leif DEFINITELY has a better chance at getting in than the black knight, since sakurai actually considered him enough to make a point of it by telling us. we never got anything like that regarding the black knight.

I really think all this discussion/speculation of which FE characters could be playable in any given Smash game is pretty pointless. First off, only Lord-type characters would ever be considered for a playable spot on the roster, and even among them only select few have a shot of being an Assist Trophy, much less playable (look at Lyn).

And the avatar from Awakening is a whole different bag of worms. To keep it brief, I think a character like that would just be too complicated to implement for a variety of reasons that I'd rather not take five hours to list.

I'd say the only Fire Emblem newcomers we can realistically expect to see are Chrom or Lucina. It'd be cool if Ike made a comeback as well, but after what happened to Roy, I'm not particularly expecting it.

Just because Roy was left out doesn't mean Ike will be. I'm honestly sick of people saying "Ike replaced Roy lolz, so Chrom/Lucina will replace Ike!"

There is NO pattern here, an FE character was cut only ONCE. And only because of time constraints.

Ike is currently a default character in the roster, and they have never been removed entirely. Rarely are they even changed to be unlockable, as I only know of one case where this has occurred, and that was with Captain Falcon.

He's also more important to the FE series than any other lord barring Marth because he's starred in two games and got a nice chunk of references in Awakening. It's clear IS is fond of Ike and would be sad to see Sakurai cut him.

Ike also has the unique playstyle factor that Sakurai likes. In fact, Ike is the only heavyweight sword wielder right now, which I've told people like a dozen times on the internet. xP And even then, Ragnell functions more like a club than anything.

Ike also has a nice fanbase (out west anyway) despite that his games didn't sell well. Many fans who do know him love him, whether it's because of Brawl or his games.

Edited by Anacybele

No one said that Ike would be replaced just now. Only that he wasn't expecting a return for him. And I'm just that guy who wishes thag no one could be cut period.