SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I always felt the Negative Zone Final Smash for Luigi was a bit too out there and not true to Luigi's character, even with the explanation of it being "This technique is a reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow." I mean, that description alone makes it sound like Luigi is satanic and demonic and would eventually pull a Kain Highwind on Mario because of his jealousy, when Luigi would never do that canonically in the Mario universe. Even with his jealousy, Luigi would never let his jealousy do something that dark.

Heh, I think it's possible for Luigi to turn into that because of his jealousy. Not exactly a true villain or anything like that, but I think if he were given the right kind of power, he'd try something a bit drastic. I've written him this way in my Mario fic, where Luigi is the protagonist, but the power he obtains to attempt to stop Bowser (Bowser obtained more power himself as well) gets to his head and he begins to desire attention and keeping Mario out of his way more than saving the Mushroom Kingdom. He'll even go so far as to try keeping Mario locked up in Bowser's fortress, but let Peach and Yoshi go. Like I said, he's not villainous or anything, just a bit crazy and angry. :P

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think negative zone is an interesting way to showcase his inferiority complex, but it's really nice to see Poltergust.

I grew up playing Luigi's Mansion. :3

I think negative zone is an interesting way to showcase his inferiority complex, but it's really nice to see Poltergust.

I find it ironic that the first game that only involves Luigi revolves around sucking. Edited by AllAroundGamer9

Actually, Luigi's Mansion wasn't Luigi's first starring role. That was Mario is Missing, which is for the SNES or something like that. It was some educational bullshit though, so few people know of it or even like it.

But I do consider Luigi's Mansion to be his first SERIOUS role as the main protagonist. :P

Actually, Luigi's Mansion wasn't Luigi's first starring role. That was Mario is Missing, which is for the SNES or something like that. It was some educational bullshit though, so few people know of it or even like it.

But I do consider Luigi's Mansion to be his first SERIOUS role as the main protagonist. :P

Hey parents, are your kids not paying attention in class and spend all day playing video games? Well here's a game for YOU. We're taking a very popular video game series and turning it into a crapy education game that they'll put down in the first five-seconds. Better hurry up and spend that 40$ you have in your wallet.

I find it ironic that the first game that only involves Luigi revolves around sucking.

He's not a good as Kirby, who has managed to make an entire series of games out of sucking...

Luigi's mansion was so fun. I still haven't played the sequel

He's not a good as Kirby, who has managed to make an entire series of games out of sucking...

Even Luigi can't suck correctly. I guess that adds another shadow for him to hide in. Unless someone is better at him in that too.

Luigi's mansion was so fun. I still haven't played the sequel

Dude, you NEED to play Dark Moon if you liked the first game! It takes everything about the first game and makes it even more fun! The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of the fire, ice, and water medals, but besides that, I freaking LOVED Dark Moon. <3

Dude, you NEED to play Dark Moon if you liked the first game! It takes everything about the first game and makes it even more fun! The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of the fire, ice, and water medals, but besides that, I freaking LOVED Dark Moon. <3

There was elemental properties? Sounds deep.

There was elemental properties? Sounds deep.

Yeah, in the first Luigi's Mansion, once Luigi got their respective medals, he could shoot fire, ice, or water from the Poltergust whenever he sucked up some fire ghosts, ice ghosts, or water ghosts. I would've loved to see them again in Dark Moon, but I still love the game to pieces. It's possibly my favorite 3DS title right now. x3

Edited by Anacybele

Hey parents, are your kids not paying attention in class and spend all day playing video games? Well here's a game for YOU. We're taking a very popular video game series and turning it into a crapy education game that they'll put down in the first five-seconds. Better hurry up and spend that 40$ you have in your wallet.

Ugh... I had Mario is Missing as a very young kid. And Mario's Preschool Fun, which is even worse.

e39a1241fd6b65c547383a1d63b5e0e1.png

"Pic of the day. Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will."

Looks like Luigi is sportin' a new final smash.

In the end... no characters for March, but over 80% of the pictures showed us some new material, so it isn't a total loss in my book.

Good bye ZA WARUDO Luigi. Yes, no steamroller, but still.

April... Fools?

PLEASE

487bbea348f33720e6390b630bafbec4.png

Note the similarities of the eyes, eyebrows, mouth, nose and chin.

But yeah, this is probably an April Fools joke.

[spoiler=Spoilered For Size]5698868a4ebcbe5e7648963e9515dca9.png

It was taken in someone's house that notably features English posters on the walls, not Japanese. So it's very unlikely that this is from a developer.

I can't wait to see tomorrow's image.

(It'll probably be something like Ridley and Palutena and a bunch of other rumored characters all in one screenshot. *crosses fingers for Siegfried or Yoshimitsu*)