SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Victini do his star pose. He made it. Though Genesect hasn't been in the preview.

Greninja's Final Smash should be that he is invisible for a short time. Protean.

As for the Wii U FE stage, Sakurai could take something from any of the console games or simply do another generic stage like Castle Siege. I'd love a Tellius stage, but it's not like it absolutely HAS to be the case. I'd honestly prefer a stage based on Jugdral, since we're most definitely not getting a character from that era.

Battle of Valhalla. Arvis and co launch meteors randomly, along with Valflame.

All smashers get royally owned.

Just saw Victini do his star pose. He made it. Though Genesect hasn't been in the preview.

Greninja's Final Smash should be that he is invisible for a short time. Protean.

Greninja's Final Smash is that multi-slash attack in front of a giant moon. Similar to Link's from the looks of it.

Greninja's Final Smash is that multi-slash attack in front of a giant moon. Similar to Link's from the looks of it.

That looks like the messenger of death's ninjitsu code.

That looks like the messenger of death's ninjitsu code.

I said this earlier in the thread, but I compared it to Strider Hiryu's Level 3 Hyper Combo from UMvC3:

Rey compared it to Valkenhayn's Astral Heat.

Edited by Naui

I said this earlier in the thread, but I compared it to Strider Hiryu's Level 3 Hyper Combo from UMvC3:

Rey compared it to Valkenhayn's Astral Heat.

Ha ha...

It had to be a complete rip-off of that. We all gather our ideas somehow, somewhere. XD

I'm sorry, I don't see at all Lucina, Chrom or Avatar (why is the latter even included? His fan base is much more inferior to the other two and though unique, is basically a self-insert character) replacing Ike. Ike offers a lot more than Chrom or Lucina EVER could to the Smash series, which as Sakurai said, is a factor he considers. The fact that neither offer anything unique to their fighting styles or heck, even their weapons is just painful. Both are pretty uninspired lords, with Lucina's biggest appeal being a light female sword user (something not playable in Smash Bros) but really, even then it's just not enough. Eirika, one of the least original lords fighting style wise could pull that off in a way more unique way than Lucina, using a jumpy, quick fencing style.

One could argue that since Ike was only chosen since he was the most recent lord in the Fire Emblem series, it's reasonable to think the same will happen to Chrom/Lucina and that is... completely true. I am fine with them having the new spot (hopefully not permanently), but replacing Ike? Yeah, sorry. I don't even like Ike and I don't think that's even a possibility.

You know, that actually makes me feel a lot better, SlipperySlippy. You're totally right. :)

And I'm well aware that the Tellius games aren't the only home console FE games, but they're the most notable ones because they made it out west unlike the NES and SNES titles.

obligatory chime into the "a Battle of Belhalla stage on Wii U would be REALLY GREAT" chorus

because it would holy fuck it would this is basically all i want out of the damn game

the way i see it, though, half the infuriation of the Wii U stage waiting game is how, unlike basically every other franchise here possibly bar Animal Crossing, FE isn't exactly known for having a diverse range of iconic setpieces which lend themselves to a good stage. after all, does Jugdral have anything even vaguely feasible other than the Battle of Belhalla? nope. is the Tower of Guidance basically the only thing Tellius could feasibly provide? you're damn right it is. what do Magvel or Valentia have to offer here? jack shit with a side of fuck-all, that's what

hell even the choice of the fucking Arena Ferox of all things for the 3DS version sort of smells of desperation for ideas, even though FE13 is, for once, arguably better off than most of the others in this respect (i'm mostly thinking the Dragon's Table or even Grima's back)

also at this point i'm not particularly bothered about our FE newcomer chances i mean what's the point there's no way in hell we're getting anyone new that isn't Chrom, Lucina or (shudders) the avatar. i admit i'm still vaguely hoping for Roy to return but i don't care for the odds wait no that's right there's one reason to care: if it's Chrom, then we can laugh forever at how Matthew Mercer's got an actual SSB role after doing There Will Be Brawl

Edited by bookofholsety

You know, that actually makes me feel a lot better, SlipperySlippy. You're totally right. :)

And I'm well aware that the Tellius games aren't the only home console FE games, but they're the most notable ones because they made it out west unlike the NES and SNES titles.

The Tellius games are also the worst selling games in the series, only outselling Thracia which was a rather strange release that also happened in freaking 1999, way past the life of the SNES.

What PKL said. Plus, PoR was released at the end of the GC's life as well, not to mention the GC itself didn't exactly explode with sales. And if not a lot of people bought PoR, I can't imagine many bought its sequel.

Sales mean nothing. Ratings, however, may have some significance and from what I've seen, both games got pretty good ones, though not amazing, unfortunately. RD even made the top 20 Wii titles in...I think Nintendo Power magazine? It was some gaming magazine. Anyway, RD got number 13.

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of music, if Ike is to stay in the roster, then this song must stay with him, naturally. :3

Not to mention it seems to be one of the most popular Tellius pieces!

Sales mean nothing.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ryUbIMe.gif

In the ideal world, we'd all like to believe that the quality of the game is the only factor.

But please recall what companies are making games for, exactly?

It is not THE factor, but popularity is one of many determining factors in Smash Bros representation.

I think I know you mean well, but you need to work on your blatant statements.

While I don't really care either way, I think the amount of butthurt 'if' Ike is replaced will be quite great.

inb4 Chrom is an exact clone

Schadenfreude is strong with us.

I mean being indifferent to FE character representation in general.

But damn it'd put a giant smile on my face from the fanbase's reaction, especially from some members on this site, 'if' he does get replaced.

Edited by shadowofchaos