SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I personally feel like Mii and Pac-man would be out of place in Smash. (yet again, I'm pretty sure some people said the same about Snake when he was announced and he ended fitting in well enough IMO >>)

Edited by LuxSpes

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pac-Man_video_games#Home_console.2C_handheld_console.2C_and_PC_games

pac man has plenty of games outside of arcade, and plenty exclusively on nintendo consoles.

got a wii u game last fall

Oh, I never heard anything about any of these, nor saw them on store shelves. Strange...

But I agree with LuxSpes that Pac-man would still feel out of place in Smash.

Fire: Charizard GEN 1

Water: Greninja GEN 6

Grass: Secptile? GEN 3

Who says we need a grass type?

I personally feel like Mii and Pac-man would be out of place in Smash. (yet again, I'm pretty sure some people said the same about Snake when he was announced and he ended fitting in well enough IMO >>)

But I agree with LuxSpes that Pac-man would still feel out of place in Smash.

aka "I just don't like this character, but I can't think of any good reasons why they couldn't be in Smash, so I'll just say that they 'don't fit' without giving any justification."

See also: Snake detractors.

If we do end up getting a Grass type do to some dumb, non-existent pattern, then I'd rather have Ivysaur back and have her play like she does in Project M. Dat Seed Bomb + Solarbeam.

^^People don't like Snake? Wow...sounds like the worst.

I think everybody should conform to my opinion that all characters from Brawl will probably return because so much of the topic being about that is boring and you're boring and it's boring and until given completely undeniable proof to the contrary. Is good? Is good. free love

LOVE AND PEACE

Hey wait a minute, that was my id

Fire: Charizard GEN 1

Water: Greninja GEN 6

Grass: Secptile? GEN 3

If there would be a grass starter added, that would be my guess/wish. Venusaur, Meganium, and Torterra would be a bit odd, Serperior doesn't have legs which may be weird, and Chesnaught would have doubling up on Gen 6 starters, though that isn't that big of a deal. I mean, we already have 2 Gen 1 starters (Charizard and Pikachu). I'd just prefer Sceptile for some Gen 3 rep.

And why do we have to do that?

We don't have to. It would be kinda cool though, IMO. I'd be fine without a full trio, I just kinda want one.

Edited by Konnor97

That would be too many Pokemon reps, imo, if Jigglypuff stays, which she most probably will because she's been in since Smash 64. We already have Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja which makes four.

That would be too many Pokemon reps, imo, if Jigglypuff stays, which she most probably will because she's been in since Smash 64. We already have Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja which makes four.

Brawl had six Pokemon. It would basically be the same number.

Who says we need a grass type?

aka "I just don't like this character, but I can't think of any good reasons why they couldn't be in Smash, so I'll just say that they 'don't fit' without giving any justification."

See also: Snake detractors.

True. While I have don't really have opinion for or against Miis and Pac-man generally, I just don't care enough about them to see them awarded a precious spot in the roster while there's tons of character I would like more to see in the game. I'd have no problem with them being assist trophies though. Then again if Sakurai is able to find them original and interesting movesets, I'm sure they would grow on me.

And I did mention Snake >.<

We had 6 Pokemon characters in Brawl FYI.

Pikachu, Jiggs, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. Skaurai counts transformations as separate characters.

If Mewtwo and Jiggs are the only other Pokemon characters we get, then we'd have the same number for Smash 4.

Oh yeah, that would be a lot. We got two mons cut though, so getting two back sounds fair.

Actually, as I stated earlier, if we got all the Brawl Pokemon back plus Mewtwo and Greninja, assuming a ~50 character roster would have 16% of the roster be Pokemon. That's about the same as for all the other Smash games.

What about Reggie being a character? Is his body not ready yet?

I dunno, that Tomodachi Life direct that happened today has me convinced of his natural superiority...

ubwTz7x.gif

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Actually, as I stated earlier, if we got all the Brawl Pokemon back plus Mewtwo and Greninja, assuming a ~50 character roster would have 16% of the roster be Pokemon. That's about the same as for all the other Smash games.

I thought Sakurai wanted roughly the same number of characters Brawl did, which was 35, iirc. Could be wrong

I thought Sakurai wanted roughly the same number of characters Brawl did, which was 35, iirc. Could be wrong

No. He never said that. He gave a fuzzy quote about the "roster having reached the limit," whatever that means. (though I've been told he said similar things during Brawl's development).

“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.”

The quote was more about how the next Smash game needs more than just new characters to be fresh.

He's also said he's trying to bring back as many characters as he can while still including newcomers.

Um, I've never played a Pac-man game. How can I like or dislike him?

By playing one so you can form an opinion?

I would love Pac-Man to be in. I don't think the nostalgia gamer in me would be able to handle it.