SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

There was a guy who just before E3 leaked that Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-man, and Miis would be revealed at E3. He's also since leaked that Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, "an X/Y Pokemon," and the "Chorus Men" from Rhythm Heaven will be appearing.

Edit: more stuff here.

It fully hasn't been confirmed yet that Chrom/Palutena will make it.

I think King K. Rool actually has a fair chance, in terms of slots to fill anyway. Fans want him a lot too.

Chrom, I like his chances. (Was M.M. sworn to secrecy by Nintendo ninjas?)

K.Rool.

Not likely. Because he really isn't in every DK game!

They tend to put in some minor appearing Nintendo characters sometimes. His chances may be that like them.

I don't even understand why people want K. Rool. He's dumb-looking and not very interesting. I'd much prefer Dixie as a new DK rep.

I'm a DKC fan. The three originals are some of my favorite games, and I enjoyed DKCR. I still don't get why people want K. Rool.

What are his chances of making it when he isn't in every DK game like Ganon was in the Zelda franchise. Not completely in all of the franchises either, ...but he's alot more loved than K.Rool.

The Devil Axe

I thought it was like that ever since FE13 was announced. Either way, I don't know much about Chrom since I've never played FE13. But I personally won't mind too much regarding what happens with FE character representation, so long as Marth stays. Though I'll admit, it would be nice to have non-blue haired playable FE characters and FE characters that use other weapon types, but not at the cost of putting in characters that don't play a major role in their game's story like Tharja. Anna is okay though since she's a heavily reoccurring character in FE.

Should we mail a letter to Nintendo to suggest having them put that in?
Already lots of fans are sending them letters asking to put in Chrom and such. Don't stop. We want them to make it as I want Paulina, Metaknight, Ness and Deathborn to make it after sending a letter to Nintendo about it.

To be completely honest, I haven't been following fan speculation and discussion except for the past month or so, so I might be a little behind on some things. Still, I already didn't want to see Chrom in, and now I want him even less. I mean, it would be one thing if there was a large group of people who legitimately want to see him in, but if he makes it after it's mostly just expectations and not much else...that would be infuriating. Especially if he gets in and Ike leaves.

But...don't cut Ike out, Nintendo. He's the popular North American Fire Emblem character like Marth is for Japan and us.

I actually want Chrom in, he's probably my favorite lord and personally I'd rather have him in over Ike.

Yes.
He must make it!

I'm not expecting more then 3 more newcomers. Honestly at this point since we haven't seen more and E3 is coming up. It would be a book ends to reveal the final three all together like the first three

They aren't going to leak everything you know. You might be in for a shock of what they are having planned overtime.

-----

I may send a letter to Nintendo for a request to put K.Rool in. Still...what are his chances? Close to as much as the not so popular Nintendo characters, like Dr.Wright(Sim City) I'd say.

Edited by Barbie

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if I could, I'd get on my knees and beg Sakurai to keep Ike. I love him that much, yes. lol But he IS my favorite video game character ever aside from Luigi! :P

If the Devil Axe/Sword makes it...it should have a flaw that should instantly ko you if it backfires.

So Best Buy is indeed doing the Smash Bros thing.

Don't get your hopes up on it being at a nearby Best Buy unless you live in a larger city. In Illinois, the Best Buys that did the Nintendo Experience stuff last year were Shaumberg and Oakbrook. For reference, I live in the suburbs north of Chicago.

Though the fact they skipped out on Chicago itself was somewhat amusing.

I may send a letter to Nintendo for a request to put K.Rool in. Still...what are his chances? Close to as much as the not so popular Nintendo characters, like Dr.Wright(Sim City) I'd say.

not to be rude (i don't even know who king rool is, so it's not like i have anything against him either), but i don't think nintendo is going to care about some letter they got from some random fan.

Edited by Comet

It fully hasn't been confirmed yet that Chrom/Palutena will make it.

Never implied otherwise. The Gematsu leaker claims they will though.

Don't get your hopes up on it being at a nearby Best Buy unless you live in a larger city. In Illinois, the Best Buys that did the Nintendo Experience stuff last year were Shaumberg and Oakbrook. For reference, I live in the suburbs north of Chicago.

:smug:

not to be rude (i don't even know who king rool is, so it's not like i have anything against him either), but i don't think nintendo is going to care about some letter they got from some random fan.

I don't believe that's true at all. Taking the time to hand-write a letter or even an email shows a lot of dedication and passion for a subject. It's not super likely that they'll take the suggestion or even get back to you, sure, but it definitely has the potential to make an impact.

...But not for this subject, though. Barbie, the final roster for Smash 3U is pretty much finalized at this point; they're basically just working on troubleshooting and fine-tuning things, if the videos and screens we see for it are any indication. :0 The only reason we haven't seen some things yet is because Sakurai hasn't seen fit to publicly release them for whatever personal/bureaucratic/etc. reasons.

If K. Rool isn't in this game, maybe try the letter thing for the next game.

Hell, maybe I'll give that a shot for Ridley.

Edited by BANRYU

I'm not the only one doing this you know. You can't imagine the amount of letters that folks are sending among this. :3

...And K.Rool's chance is not as good as Dr.Wright in Sim City for example. Aka: Close to none.

Edited by Barbie

I'm not the only one doing this you know. You can't imagine the amount of letters that folks are sending among this. :3

...And K.Rool's chance is not as good as Dr.Wright in Sim City for example. Aka: Close to none.

...um... I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to say, but... I'm pretty sure K. Rool has a better chance than Dr. Wright, seeing as the doc was confirmed as an Assist Trophy and K. Rool hasn't been mentioned at all yet (no news is good news in this case). :0

But um like I said, writing a letter about it won't do any good at this point, the final roster for Smash 4 is basically done. It's pretty safe to assume that they're past the stage of production where they'd be implementing new characters.

Keep in mind that Dixie hasn't been mentioned yet either, so the DK newcomer, if there is one, could still just as easily be her instead.

Yeah that's true, I never said Dixie was ruled out. In my mind they basically have equal chances, but I doubt they'll both be in.

Personally, I think I'd be fine with either of them.

The main reason a lot of people are putting Dixie as a really good potential newcomer is because she was one of the "Forbidden 7", so she almost made it to Brawl. She has been in plenty of games since, so her chances are probably higher now.

Today's Miiverse:

SSB4_-_Dillon.jpg

"Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling."

No such luck on Meta Knight, but hey check it out it's that guy!

Since I only just learned about him and his games during the discussion for playable characters in Smash 3U, it's pretty cool to actually see him in the game! That's pretty awesome that he got in as an AT.

EDIT: We got a bonus pic of his trophy as well. (Godangit why can't I post pictures!? X___x FML)

Edited by BANRYU

http://www.ign.com/wikis/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/Assist_Trophies

tb91.jpgcebc.jpg

r5np.jpg39j1.jpg

Oh no.

Waluigi and Dark Samus aren't going to be playable. -.-

Mother Brain. No surprise. Could have made Dark Samus Samus' alternate costume. Now I know that K.Rool isn't going to make it.

Edited by Barbie

Dark!Samus technically IS playable...

As a costume.

But woo, Dillon! Even though I know nothing about your game, I can learn. Welcome to the battle!

Dark!Samus technically IS playable...

As a costume.

But woo, Dillon! Even though I know nothing about your game, I can learn. Welcome to the battle!

Dillon.

I'd like to get to know him. But...it's a relief that she is a costume. Always liked to play her with her dark incarnate like in Soul Calibur for a certain someone. Nightmare/Guy. :D

Edited by Barbie

Oh Woah, I never realized there were three metroid assist trophies already. That's got me hopeful for some other franchises getting multiple assist trophies as well

I see you've found the best art I have ever painted in my whole life.

That's yours? That's awesome. It was posted on GoNintendo yesterday, so I decided to share it here on SF.

So Best Buy is indeed doing the Smash Bros thing.

They did the E3 Best Buy Event in my city last year, so I don't see why they'd skip out on it this year.

Today's Miiverse:

SSB4_-_Dillon.jpg

"Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling."

...=(

Well, I guess being an Assist Trophy is the next best thing to being playable in Smash Bros. Plus, seeing Dillon in action in HD is really awesome (especially with his cool character design). It's still a shame Sakurai didn't use the potential "gathering resources from enemies and turret creating" moveset that Dillon's games revolve around (they could've easily balanced out the turrets by making them frail or disappear after a certain time limit). Well, maybe Dillon will be playable in the next Smash Bros. game similar to how Little Mac did, though I'm guessing Dillon will at least need a 3rd game for that to happen...

On a side note, if it wasn't for the fact that I was planning "My Little Pony May" long in advance, I would've totally used the HD Dillon pics as my sig/avatar.

Edited by Randoman