SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Hehe sorry, Rando. I guess Dillon wasn't high-profile enough to make it as a PC. =3=

Dark!Samus technically IS playable...

As a costume.

But woo, Dillon! Even though I know nothing about your game, I can learn. Welcome to the battle!

Uh, no. Dark Samus is a separate entity, Samus' Dark-world Suit is the one that's a color palette.

It's easy to get that confused though I suppose (*cough* even though they're completely different colors)

The lack of Metroid fandom on this forum hurts me

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

x(

Anyway...Protoman will hopefully make it as an asset trophy. Should have his

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoNQfr72i8I

whistle tune whenever throwing the item and just before he makes his appearance before he assists you into taking out the foe afterwards. I don't know...it's just this feeling that I'm getting that Nintendo will do since they are trying to bring this next Smash Bros game to the absolute maximum of enjoyment.

Edited by Barbie

The lack of Metroid fandom on this forum hurts me

You should create a Metroid thread in the other games forum as a gathering place for SF's Metroid fans

Anyway...Protoman will hopefully make it as an asset trophy. Should have his

whistle tune whenever throwing the item and just before he makes his appearance before he assists you into taking out the foe afterwards. I don't know...it's just this feeling that I'm getting that Nintendo will do since they are trying to bring this next Smash Bros game to the absolute maximum of enjoyment.

'Asset Trophy'?

Yeah, I definitely agree Protoman would make a great Assist Trophy.

...In fact I just realized why I thought Sparkman was weird as an Assist Trophy for Megaman. Why is one of the generic bosses being repped as an AT when freakin' Protoman exists!? >:0 Well, hopefully he still makes it as such.

You should create a Metroid thread in the other games forum as a gathering place for SF's Metroid fans

> 3 > . . . duly noted.

Edited by BANRYU

'Asset Trophy'?

Yeah, I definitely agree Protoman would make a great Assist Trophy.

...In fact I just realized why I thought Sparkman was weird as an Assist Trophy for Megaman. Why is one of the generic bosses being repped as an AT when freakin' Protoman exists!?

Better Spark Man than yet-another-Mega Man 2-boss, honestly. As for the lack of Proto Man, I couldn't tell you.

Also, off-topic, I refuse to call the MMBN character Protoman.exe. He's not the net-navi prototype like classic series Proto Man is. Blues.exe makes far more sense.

...In fact I just realized why I thought Sparkman was weird as an Assist Trophy for Megaman. Why is one of the generic bosses being repped as an AT when freakin' Protoman exists!? >:0 Well, hopefully he still makes it as such.

Elec Man. Not Spark Man.

It's not as fun to yell "I SUMMON ELEMENTAL HERO ELEC MAN", though. Though in Mega Man Powered Up, Elec Man has an awesome accent and lines.

It seems like they're being a bit slow with the character updates this time. When brawl was coming out weren't they releasing new character info once each week? Since the release date is summer 2014 it's not too far away. When was the last time they revealed a new character?

We had five new characters last month, for crying out loud. We may get another next week, but remember, people, WE NEED UNLOCKABLES! Ness and Falcon not announced yet? Unlockable! Palutena? Unlockable! Ridley? Unlockable! K. Rool! Unlockable! (Please note that K. Rool, Ridley, nor Palutena have been announced yet, though Palutena is heavily implied.)

Ridley is highly unlikely and we don't know jack about Palutena or K. Rool yet. Their chances are better than others' (like Ridley's =___=), but there's no reason to assume anything yet.

Elec Man. Not Spark Man.

Look man I know they're not all the same, but they're all the same

No but in all seriousness I think I got confused with the Sparkman stage music that was playing during Megamin's section on the NDD lol ~___~

(I'M MEGAMAN SAVVY I SWEAR. FREUDIAN SLIP)

Edited by BANRYU

BANRYU, here are the hints I know of for Palutena:

Leaked pictures with tons of unique things like new model, Mario invincibility star

Pit's Final Smash has been changed from Palutena's Army. (Maybe it's hers now.)

Sakurai acknowledges her leak AND hints toward her himself.

Pseudo-Palutena trophy.

Not to mention, she was in the recent Uprising, and that's ALSO one of Sakurai's games, and he shows a bit of favoritism.

BANRYU, here are the hints I know of for Palutena:

1) Leaked pictures with tons of unique things like new model, Mario invincibility star

2) Pit's Final Smash has been changed from Palutena's Army. (Maybe it's hers now.)

3) Sakurai acknowledges her leak AND hints toward her himself.

4) Pseudo-Palutena trophy.

5) Not to mention, she was in the recent Uprising, and that's ALSO one of Sakurai's games, and he shows a bit of favoritism.

1) Pics or it didn't happen. If you're referring to the DS Screencaps of Palutena with Mario, those were confirmed fake.

2) True enough, though it was kind of a lame FS to begin with.

3) Source?

4) I fail to see how this hints at it.

5) That much is true, but it's hardly a guarantee that she'll be in.

Also you don't have to caps my name. o___o just makes more work for yourself lol.

Edited by BANRYU

3) Source?

Some fans think that the sudden surge of KI PotDs just after the leak was Sakurai's way of acknowledging it.

I don't think so myself, but there you go.

Some fans think that the sudden surge of KI PotDs just after the leak was Sakurai's way of acknowledging it.

I don't think so myself, but there you go.

I always think those are just merely coincidences.

We had five new characters last month, for crying out loud. We may get another next week, but remember, people, WE NEED UNLOCKABLES! Ness and Falcon not announced yet? Unlockable! Palutena? Unlockable! Ridley? Unlockable! K. Rool! Unlockable! (Please note that K. Rool, Ridley, nor Palutena have been announced yet, though Palutena is heavily implied.)

Oh yeah, duh! Slipped my mind completely that so many new ones were revealed in that event thing they had a bit back. Now that you mention it I remember being surprised by a few of the characters in ssbb so yeah, they didn't reveal EVERY character, did they? At least this time I already have the system I need so I don't need to live at a friend's house to play it lol, still just as excited for it though. A fighting game on a handheld will be a new thing for me but I can see how it'll feel similar to a gamecube controller. The smaller screen will take some getting used to.

I thought Sakurai acknowledging the Palutena leak was his troll post on Miiverse showing him pretending to delete her file. xP

I thought Sakurai acknowledging the Palutena leak was his troll post on Miiverse showing him pretending to delete her file. xP

You actually thought Sakurai posted that?

That was fake.

1) Pics or it didn't happen. If you're referring to the DS Screencaps of Palutena with Mario, those were confirmed fake.

You mean 3DS pics. And no they weren't. There was a confession of someone claiming he forged them (pr something like that), but THAT was proven fake.

In short, whether those pics are fake or real is still up in the air, although I believe Palutena will be playable regardless.

Edited by Jave

Well, sorry. There was no indication that it wasn't him. Geez...

iAmKXDu.jpg

I'm pretty sure the fact that this never showed up on Miiverse, as well as pretty much everything about this picture, indicates it's not official.

Nintendo never acknowledges leaks. Ever. The only exception (sort of) was the Cranky, but that was well after the fact and they were going to reveal him at the same time anyway.

That's yours? That's awesome. It was posted on GoNintendo yesterday, so I decided to share it here on SF.

They did the E3 Best Buy Event in my city last year, so I don't see why they'd skip out on it this year.

...=(

Well, I guess being an Assist Trophy is the next best thing to being playable in Smash Bros. Plus, seeing Dillon in action in HD is really awesome (especially with his cool character design). It's still a shame Sakurai didn't use the potential "gathering resources from enemies and turret creating" moveset that Dillon's games revolve around (they could've easily balanced out the turrets by making them frail or disappear after a certain time limit). Well, maybe Dillon will be playable in the next Smash Bros. game similar to how Little Mac did, though I'm guessing Dillon will at least need a 3rd game for that to happen...

On a side note, if it wasn't for the fact that I was planning "My Little Pony May" long in advance, I would've totally used the HD Dillon pics as my sig/avatar.

That's true.
Little Mac was only an asset trophy last game.

iAmKXDu.jpg

I'm pretty sure the fact that this never showed up on Miiverse, as well as pretty much everything about this picture, indicates it's not official.

Nintendo never acknowledges leaks. Ever. The only exception (sort of) was the Cranky, but that was well after the fact and they were going to reveal him at the same time anyway.

He made it and not Dixie. But...why...?

He made it and not Dixie. But...why...?

I was talking about his appearance in Tropical Freeze, which was leaked by an online Italian retailer who jumped the gun with using box art. Nintendo briefly acknowledged the leak at the official 'reveal' during VGX.

Edited by shinpichu