SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Woo!! OIimar is back. I'm glad they didn't decide to replace him with one of the Pikmin 3 protagonists, since Olimar is the Pikachu/Marth of the Pikmin series. I wonder if he can use any of the new Pikmin like the rock Pikmin or the Flying Pikmin, since the screenshots didn't show him using them. I doubt they'll give Pikmin more than one playable character and have the other playable character use the new Pikmin...

I think we'll get one character per month.

One character per month? They've still got a lot of non-unlockable newcomers to confirm, as well as all the remaining non-unlockable Brawl veterans. Well, depending on when they release SSB4 in 2014, I guess one character per month might fit perfectly.

I wonder if they're going to have sections for all the secret characters after the game gets released, similar to how they did the Brawl Dojo. I don't really like how secret characters get shafted in terms of the amount of screenshots they get, so releasing them after the game's release is the best way to go about doing it without making major spoilers.

NOT OLIMAR. ANYONE BUT OLIMAR

Fine then. How about Bill Cosby or Steve Urkel for SSB4 instead?

9638-bill-cosby-620x0-1.jpg

steveurkel.jpg

In all seriousness, Olimar is the main character of his entire series, Pikmin is quite prevalent, and he's not a guest/3rd party character, so even if you don't like him it's not like he shouldn't stay. I hardly like Pikachu or Link (or any incarnation of Link for that matter. I always found the tights and elf hat outfit to look ridiculous), yet I don't go wishing either of the two to be gone from Smash Bros.

...well, you probably knew that, but I just thought I should give a serious response to make up for how off topic my "Cosby and Urkel for SSB4" joke was.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if people are guessing a pattern of revealed characters that will relate to which games and stuff are on the way and we'll get one (or maybe even two depending on the 2014 release date) a month, I'm gonna guess these things will happen.

New Super Luigi U (hard copy) - Luigi <3

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - Peach/Bowser/both

Super Mario 3D World - None, I think all Mario characters would be shown by this time.

Pokemon X & Y - Mewtwo/Kalos Trainer/both

Europe's release of the Rogues & Redeemers 3 DLC for Awakening - Ike (if Ike is staying and will remain a default character, it would make sense to show him first out of the FE cast)

SMT x FE trailer - Marth/Chrom/both

The Wind Waker HD - Toon Link

A Link Between Worlds - Ganondorf/Zelda/both

DKC Tropical Freeze - Diddy Kong/King K. Rool/both

Yoshi's Island 3 - Yoshi

MGS 5 - Snake, if he's going to stick around

That new Sonic game coming - Sonic, if he's going to stick around

Mario Kart for Wii U - Daisy? :D

Everyone else's reveal time is up in the air. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Sorry to disappoint, but R&R 3 came out three weeks ago here.

...Oh. Europe is releasing this stuff in weird orders. xP

Well, Ike still has a chance of staying because Sakurai said he's not cutting anybody unless time forces him to.

By "NOT OLIMAR" I assume PKL was going more for a "Olimar is really fucking annoying/hard to fight for some characters" kinda sentiment than "Olimar doesn't deserve to be in this game"

(I am of a sympathetic, if not similar state of mind, as while I fucking love Olimar outside of smash, his being in smash, and playing as him in smash, and my favorites don't match up that poorly against him, the dude is not generally fun to fight)

Edited by Rehab

By "NOT OLIMAR" I assume PKL was going more for a "Olimar is really fucking annoying/hard to fight for some characters" kinda sentiment than "Olimar doesn't deserve to be in this game"

(I am of a sympathetic, if not similar state of mind, as while I fucking love Olimar outside of smash, his being in smash, and playing as him in smash, and my favorites don't match up that poorly against him, the dude is not generally fun to fight)

if he played Falco or Meta Knight he wouldn't have to worry about Olimar

Just me or does Olimar seem to be only using 3 Pikmin at a time in any select picture? Could it be he only can have 3 with him now?

Just me or does Olimar seem to be only using 3 Pikmin at a time in any select picture? Could it be he only can have 3 with him now?

But isn't Olimar's trophies and stuff in Brawl show him with only 3 Pikmin, which the 3 happen to be the most "iconic" Pikmin (Red,Yellow,Blue."

But isn't Olimar's trophies and stuff in Brawl show him with only 3 Pikmin, which the 3 happen to be the most "iconic" Pikmin (Red,Yellow,Blue."

True. That is a fair point. We'll see in time I suppose.

True. That is a fair point. We'll see in time I suppose.

I guess. Or they could be showing the 3 iconic Pikmin and will show off the Rock? Pikmin or Flying? Pikmin later on.

I love how I say speculating is stupid and yet

I forgot to put up the pic of the day. Forgive the derp

WV7HKnc.jpg

I guess. Or they could be showing the 3 iconic Pikmin and will show off the Rock? Pikmin or Flying? Pikmin later on.

I love how I say speculating is stupid and yet

Haha you got drawn into it anyways! I'm thinking maybe the Rock and Flying pikmin will show up one way or another.

I forgot to put up the pic of the day. Forgive the derp

WV7HKnc.jpg

Haha you got drawn into it anyways! I'm thinking maybe the Rock and Flying pikmin will show up one way or another.

That's one of the Pikmin 3 main's spacecraft, isn't it?

That's one of the Pikmin 3 main's spacecraft, isn't it?

I'm fairly sure it is. Someone more versed in Pikmin 3 would know for sure though [Not the biggest pikmin guy here. Played 1 and 2 but have yet to look up stuff on 3 lol]

eHIRNFS.jpg

Wii Fit Trainer confirmed SHOCKING BASED PROPERTIES in her attacks.

Still not the most electrifying move in sports entertainment though.

Edited by Praetor Jedi

>Feel the burn

>Shocks opponents

I see how it is ._.

Also last time we saw that move, it wasn't electrical. So I suppose this is technically new. Which is exciting.

>Feel the burn

>Shocks opponents

I see how it is ._.

Also last time we saw that move, it wasn't electrical. So I suppose this is technically new. Which is exciting.

Well electricity CAN cause fires. :P