SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Awesome!! A New Super Mario Bros. U stage, and one that switches to the different worlds and will be playable at the E3 Demo Station. I know which stage I'm picking first at the demo station. =D

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that though. I was wondering if Resetti would be brought back even though we already have a confirmed assist from Animal Crossing. Sorry if the wording was confusing or something. :<

Sakurai said he wanted more Assist Trophies in the Direct, so I'm sure the only Assist Trophies getting dropped would be the ones promoted to playable character (in this case, only Little Mac). However, if I recall some Pokemon were dropped from Melee to Brawl, so it's still a possibility.

I have both systems and have people planning on only getting one or the other. So I'm getting both for that reason and the differences.

That stage certainly looks "cool"

I never really thought of this before... but it worries me, only a bit.

Sakurai mentioned back in E3 2013 that there were limitations on the 3DS, and he may need to "reduce some characters to a certain degree".

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS. So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree, but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible." - Sakurai, E3 2013

That meant nothing to me at first, but then it made me think that meant Samus / ZSS or Zelda / Sheik might need to share a character slot in the roster. It didn't seem like a big deal at first, but now I'm pretty worried. I really don't want Samus and Zero Suit to share a spot. And same goes for Zelda and Sheik.

Yes, I know it wouldn't make sense for them to share a slot, since they've all been split apart from each other... but still. In Brawl, Samus and Zelda have been like that, sharing a spot with their other forms, Zero Suit and Sheik. With Sakurai may having to "reduce some characters" it makes me think that Zero Suit and Sheik won't get their own character slot, and may end up needing to share a spot with Samus and Zelda, like in Brawl.

What's the big deal? It's a huge deal to me. I really want Zero Suit and Sheik to COMPLETELY be their own. (For those of you who might ask what's the big deal about it).

Really? Are you sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? I know they're their own. I just mean like the roster part. I mean, he did say he needed to cut something cause of limitations. And I assumed it would come from roster cuts (like having to share a spot, but still non-transformable in battle).

Sharing the same spot in the roster won't make them take up less storage space. I don't see why limitations of any kind would have them share a spot. Especially after Sakurai told us how he'd seperate them. I wouldn't worry.

Everybody assumes that Ivysaur and Squirtle are going to get cut.

...I love Squirtle. In fact, he's the reason I even played Brawl the first time.

I always liked Squirtle but now Greninja exists, so I think his chances were severely lowered. Ivysaur could get in, but he seems like a really likely cut... He was cool too...

I really wish Squirtle and Ivysaur would come back, but it's looking like they won't. Charizard is really the most popular of the three PT 'mons, so now that PT has been split he doesn't "need" the other two. Here's to hoping, but I seriously doubt there will be 8+ Pokemon characters.

At least we have Project M.....

I was thinking with Hoenn remakes maybe we'll get Sceptile to round out the Pokemon staters. We'd have new & water, middle & grass, and old & fire.

But I find all the Pokemon pretty fun in Project M too.

Sceptile would be cool, but

a) I doubt we're getting a Gen III "rep", and

b)If we did get a Gen III started playable it would likely be Blaziken.

Yeah I know it's not too likely. I just like to throw out speculation. I'd just personally rather have a grass type that Blaziken.

I like Blaziken even less than Greninja. I'd really hate for BOTH to be playable over the starters I actually do like (Infernape, Delphox, Meganium...).

Could have like. Sky Uppercut for recovery, brave bird side b, Blaze Kick Neutral B and some kind of sweep down B maybe.

Isaac is still my most wanted and oddly I'm liking the idea of Chrom more and more because I want to see how Sakurai differs him from Marth and Ike.

Also I think I noticed on rewatching the old direct Link may have the gale boomerang design but it looked like it worked like his old Melee one which if true. (Or even via the power of custom move sets) I'll be extremely pleased