SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I would like Avatar. I'm kinda hoping for an entirely new lord. Like whoever the lord for the next FE will be. They did something similar with Roy, so it could happen. And if that's the case, then it would be an entirely unpredictable character. It would definitely be surprising as well. Even though I'm writing about it, I would be surprised. Even though I may want it to happen, it seems unlikely.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do think it's kind of unlikely, but I don't think it's THAT farfetched for one reason. FE's 25th anniversary, as well as Ike's 10th, is next year. That's a pretty big FE moment right there, and considering Sakurai's love for FE, he just might acknowledge that with a fourth FE rep. Smash Wii U isn't due until practically December, which is right before 2015 would start, obviously, so yeah.

I'm also wondering if SMT x FE will acknowledge it lol. They could even throw in a bit with Ike that could have him say "I first picked up a sword ten years ago." XD

Edited by Anacybele

Two days. All will be revealed.

Shiiit yesss

I think it'll be similar to the most recent smash direct, they'll probably reveal a couple of returning veterans and one or two newcomers.

I really hope they give further info about Xenoblade 2, and probably give us hope about FE14, and plz more of The Last Story :D

I'm kind of "screw fe x smt" but who knows

Edited by Quintessence

Well, I do think it's kind of unlikely, but I don't think it's THAT farfetched for one reason. FE's 25th anniversary, as well as Ike's 10th, is next year. That's a pretty big FE moment right there, and considering Sakurai's love for FE, he just might acknowledge that with a fourth FE rep. Smash Wii U isn't due until practically December, which is right before 2015 would start, obviously, so yeah.

You overrate the importance of FE too much. Even with Awakening's "strong" sales, (I say "strong" because one million isn't really all that much) Fire Emblem still isn't as well known as other Nintendo franchises, so I doubt it will get three reps, let alone four.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Star Fox is practically dead and got three reps. I don't see why FE shouldn't too. And tons of people are expecting Chrom. :P

Plus this roster is a little bigger than before. And three FE reps have been planned before. So it's definitely possible to get three. I think four is unlikely though.

I definitely looking for news on a FE 14. And Xenoblade 2 hype (or whatever it'g going to be called).

Edited by Kyea

Yeah, what Kyea said.

Star Fox isn't mainstream anymore. It hasn't gotten a new game in about a decade not counting the 3DS remake. FE is still getting games, even a crossover. I don't think Star Fox has gotten that.

Edited by Anacybele

You overrate the importance of FE too much. Even with Awakening's strong sales, Fire Emblem still isn't as well known as other Nintendo franchises, so I doubt it will get three reps, let alone four.

Not only that, but I fear they won't reveal so many chars due to how close the release date is by now. 3DS release is between July/August/September (I think they might release it by the end of august or the beginning of sept) and considering both titles will feature the same chars, I won't expect an extra fe rep. I'd love to see another one MICAIAH YES PLZ, I really don't want an fe13 rep >_>

Star Fox is practically dead and got three reps. I don't see why FE shouldn't too. And tons of people are expecting Chrom. :P

Star Fox has a rep since the first SSB, while FE got only one rep in melee (shiit I forgot ROY sorry Jed :(), it's obvious why Star Fox deserved more reps than FE. FE is barely known by people, ppl actually has a reference for Fox, Falco and his companions but Marth (speaking about places out of Japan)? Ok fe11 but you know what I mean am I right? Edited by Quintessence

Uh, Melee got two FE reps. Brawl almost had three. Lots of people know about the series now thanks to Awakening. I still see no reason why FE can't have three reps. At the very least.

I wish it wasn't either. But Chrom is a way better choice than Lucina, at least. Imo anyway. And who knows, I might be interested in playing him. I play Marth, whom I'm not that fond of so yeah. And I'm interested in trying Charizard due to Mega Zard X, and I'm not fond of him either. lol

I do think FE will get three reps, but please, no need to piss on Star Fox while making a point. It hasn't gotten a new game in a while, but it's one of Nintendo's most fan demanded IPs when it comes to new games (probably along with F-Zero).

I'm pretty sure the reason Nintendo made the 3DS remake of SF64 was to prevent the series from going dormant. We'll probably see a new entry in the series this gen.

You're right about that, my mistake. Though for awhile I really did think that Star Fox was dead and wasn't going to get another game. I could be proven wrong though, because hey, Kid Icarus got a new game after what, fifteen years? :P

Not to mention I see people ask for Star Fox and F-Zero once in awhile on Miiverse. I kind of forgot about that.

Except she also looks exactly like a female Marth and isn't Awakening's main character. Which isn't really standing out. Chrom at least looks different despite the blue hair. I think Lucina would work better as a palette swap for Marth. Or an assist trophy.

If we get a female, I think Avatar is more likely due to actually having a lead role in the game.

I could see Lucina over Chrom because she's a girl and smash could use more.

But Smash already has Marth for a female FE character. Isn't that enough?

:p

I definitely want to see or hear something about a new Metroid. It's been 4 years since the last game, so it's feeling like a bit of a dead series right now. I've never really played much Star Fox, but I'm sorry for those fans that haven't had a new game in a decade.

Hopefully both of these series get proper representation.

Edited by Kyea

Though I really want a complete female avatar as another FE rep, I do have to agree that they'd throw the hood on to make him/her genderless to players.

But adding a female avatar would make the count higher than ever. We have 7 right now (and I do keep track because I for some reason, it's like my skills get an extra boost when I play as them.) And when I say 7 female characters, I mean by default. Wii Fit Trainer and Villager DO have their other-gender costumes, but when first introduced, Wii Fit Trainer was female, and Villager was male.

Edited by Carter

Seven? I only count five females. o.O Zelda, Rosalina, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, and Peach.

EDIT: Oh wait, yeah, Female Villager counts too. But that's still just six.

Edited by Anacybele

I count Zero Suit and Sheik as individuals too. They may be the same person within their own games, but in the Smash Universe, they're counted as different (at least to me).