SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-vid-

Trailer is perfect. Sakurai completely nailed Pac-Man.

Seriously. That opening has me worried.

Sakurai plz.

Edit: Also, Game and Watch still doesn't have a character page. You don't think....he could be cut, do you?

Edited by shinpichu

Sakurai plz.

Edit: Also, Game and Watch still doesn't have a character page. You don't think....he could be cut, do you?

Next trailer: Red, Blue, Yellow, Metal

I highly doubt they decided to cut G&W just after them announcing (in the round table) that he was returning.

I highly doubt they decided to cut G&W just after them announcing (in the round table) that he was returning.

Are we sure he was announced and confirmed as playable? Maybe some journalists just saw him and assumed....

IDK. I'm just concerned. Hopefully we get more info tomorrow.

Are we sure he was announced and confirmed as playable? Maybe some journalists just saw him and assumed....

Ok, yeah, I guess technically it wasn't confirmed, but going by the bit at the end of the announcement trailer for Pac-Man, I find it unlikely that G&W won't be in. But whatever, we'll know for absoluteness-sake by the release, hopefully.

Glad to see Pac-Man in the game. =D

I'm generally against 3rd parties, but characters like him and Mega Man who have contributed a lot to Nintendo and have had a long friendship with Nintendo, I'm alright with. Even without Pac-Man's long history and friendship with Nintendo, I'd still be okay with him being in since Namco Bandai is co-developing the game, it seems fair enough that they're entitled to a guest character, and Pac-Man really fits well in the Nintendo universe. Also, it would've been way too weird if SSB4 had Namco Bandai items yet not have a Namco Bandai character. I'm suprised how many people dismissed those Namco Bandai items as simple easter eggs and not hints that a Namco Bandai character would be playable.

And no offense to Tales or Lloyd fans, but I'm really glad that Namco Bandai didn't have Lloyd as their guest character. Lloyd is nowhere near as iconic or recognizable as Pac-Man, and it'd be really weird and wrong that Sega, Capcom, and Konami got their company mascots in the game while Namco Bandai didn't and got a more obscure character instead.

Edited by Randoman

Sakurai confirmed it on his twitter

Pac-Mac is or might be playable. :D

Hasn't been seen in the Smash Bros Official site, yet.

Wanted him to make it. Oh, I'm too excited! XD

Pg405. 195 more to go.

(Looks in Smash Bros official site)

Edited by Bimbo

If he wanted a new character from another Gen why have a placeholder? Wouldn't he have already known which character he wanted? The fact that he waited at all says to me that he wanted an X/Y mon specifically.

They said they had all their candidates before development. There were multiple potential Pokemon, and they had a slot set aside for one, but which one wasn't decided.

I don't know why this is so difficult. There are plenty of other potential Pokemon they could have added, but obviously they couldn't add everyone, so they set aside a slot specifically to be sure a new Pokemon would be one of the new characters before deciding which one it would be.

wjy80.jpg

Of course he'd make it. His chances were already so high. He's been around alot longer than some of us and the sprite looks exactly the same as the unofficial reveals. Wonder if the hackers stole it's design from Nintendo.

EDIT: Goes back to read the 10 pages that I've missed.

Edited by Bimbo

Dang it, though. This whole day I was waiting for a glorious Captain Falcon reveal. Would have been perfect for the E3/ invitational tourney atmosphere.

Get ready fellas

5EIcbYM.png

Lucina's coming.

ec20fb7f.gif

As much as I want Lucina, that image also shows:

1. Isabelle (confirmed Assist Trophy)

2. Toad (still one of Peach's specials)

3. Tom Nook (I believe he's part of the Villager's Final Smash, though that might just have been Timmy and Tommy. I could swear I saw all three, though. Regardless, Animal Crossing getting two reps is unlikely)

Also, some Pikmin, who are obviously part of Olimar's attacks. Though, since Olimar is called "Pikmin and Olimar" in most official sources, I'm not counting them in my list

You know what, im done, theres no way Meta Knight is gonna be in the new smash with all the new fighters coming

We could get 50+ characters total. That has been proven by more than one occasion by hackers.

Samus + Zero Suit Samus = 2

There's only been 8 new fighters. Brawl had 18 newcomers.

Meta Knight is fine.

Both him and Ness better fucking make it. Pac Man is taking Mr.GameandWatches spot. So...he's cut.

Ike, Lucario, and Toon Link are back. I don't think Meta Knight is in much danger.

^

why why why did they confirm that bitchy pauletina...confirm jigglypuff already you assholes. i'm sick of disappointment T____T

She likely will be the last Pokemon rep since she's been in every smash game so far. Genesect will be our last Pokemon rep as he hasn't been seen in the April trailer direct like Meloetta and Keldeo have. Because he's playable, duh. =P

What's wrong with Pauletina?

This thread does not lie. Many wanted her playable.

Lol, you know Refa is kidding AMIRITE :smug:

Regarding the Digital Event: 9/10. It was really awesome, so many good titles PREPARE YOUR WALLETS BECAUSE NINTY IS COMING

I was one of the main haters about the mii concept being introduced to SSB4, but I dunno what did Sakurai do or Iwata or Reggie, but I really loved the idea of the mii fighters. I'm really excited about them, the three fighters seem pretty interesting but ZOMGEFFINGGOD PALUTENA PALUTENA PALUTENA MADE IT. Though it was expected/10, 1. the way they introduced her was so beautiful and gorgeous that I already want to use her and won't wait for the Wii U title and'll buy the 3ds one asap.

2. Apart from the awesomeness of SSB4, I'm quite concerned that Sakurai said the game's nearly done and the reléase date is on Oct 3rd, and they've revealed less tan 40 chars. I expect 1) more reveals or 2) chars kept hidden and unlockable. He said further info will be revealed but I CAN'T KEEP DA HYPE

Also, at what time is the SSB conferences/whatever? I'm at UTC -5h

1. Why would I avy and sig her the moment that I've seen her in this vid? Because I wanted her and Pac Man to be in the game!
2. Get both.
We can then play the 3ds version till it's scolding hot before Wii-U's version comes out!

Quint, relax, we've got the rest of June, July, August, and September for more reveals. :P

...And to hope that this topic reaches 600ish pages before the game comes out!

The biggest mystery is what Greninja is doing in this game. :P I mean, he's the best Kalos starter because of Protean, but is he that popular?

Ironically, even though he's a Dark type, I don't like him very much. Sometimes I like being a hipster and hating popular things, I guess.

That smexy ninja frog body gets my approval. <333

Okay, I've made the Frederick Mii (it actually DID end up looking a good deal like him too, just without those two loopy curls on top of his head lol), so if anyone ever wants it, feel free to drop me a message and I'll send it! Feel free to use him in Smash all you like when the game is out! :3

I'm glad he can use swords lol.

I'm hoping for more info after the tournament too!

I need to make a Dark Link and Dark Samus Mii. Our own creations. This will be the ultimate money making game of the year.

Zero Suit dominating.

Hee hee...
Paultena has some competition with Peach, Zelda, Samus, etc.

Marth is still Japanese? Really? After he got a game in ENGLISH? :/

:[

release date: October 3rd. summer 2014 my ass. i get that it's not too long, but they did say summer... >_<

Good.
We want the development to be better.

Yeah, well, I guess they needed a little bit more time. :P

At least the window between the 3DS version and Wii U version isn't as big as we expected. It's only like one or two months at the least.

Anyone who debugged Super Smash Bros Melee(With an AR Max) would understand how that we must ensure that every character animates and moves correctly.

Remember when they mean summer they mean summer Japan time.

Good.

Zelda didn't pick Zelda

I'm out

jkl6.jpg
ndjb.jpg
1pd4.jpg
6w85.jpg

Why they didn't use this Zelda is far beyond reasoning. Would have made sense to for the new upcoming Zelda melee game release later in 2015.

Reggie kicking ass.

Can make it a reality with a Mii creation.

The greatest reaction

Ha ha ha...
Just like the T.V show.

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/37684/super-smash-bros-developer-discussion-live-blog?altcast_code=a1a7985cbd

Live feed of what's going on.

Supposedly Pac-Man just got revealed.

yeah. Pac-Man confirmed according to NoA's twitter.

Mr. Game and Watch confirmed too.

Well...
Were not going to get any Brawl cuts after all.

Let us get the Mt.Dew and Doritos first.

Now your talkin.

I'm so greedy. They've released so much info, but I want more, Let me know the roster already! :p

Well....
All we want now is to play this game at Best Buy tommorrow.

Pac- Man.. interesting. The leaker is looking more legit as we go today

It's about friggin time.

Oops, sped read the Melee thing.

But yes the Wii Fit Trainer is a HUGE point for credibility as I had not predicted her at all prior to last year E3. All others "leaked" are or have been on most prediction lists.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/list_of_rumors#E3_2013_leak

I point this link out regarding Greninja's "Leak"

I'd like to draw your attention to the following lines: "A few hours before the Smash 4-centered Nintendo Direct, the leaker reportedly sent another email to Romano; the contents of the email continued to claim that Pac-Man and a Mii would still be playable, as well as adding predictions for Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles; Palutena from Kid Icarus: Uprising (tying in withanother rumor); Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening; the Choir Men from Rhythm Heaven; and an unknown Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y." "Like the previous leak involving Little Mac, however, the claim came under scrutiny for the fact that the leaker could name multiple characters from other game series, but was unable to do so for the vague claim of a "Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y"."

Chrom still hasn't been confirmed yet.
Doesn't appear as new challenger in the official smash bros site.

Yeah, Sakurai did take a gamble with Greninja there, but he lucked out, I guess. It's the most popular Kalos starter.

...And only one that you should fully evolve, too. As Protean conpensates it's weakness as well as having immunity to Psychic attacks. The other two get slapped with more weaknesses upon fully evolving.

Haha, I found amusing that bit at the end with him and the 1980 thing.

Yeah.
Having him in is totally cosmic. I even played him as a kid on my Atari when I was five years old. ^_^

I love Pac-Kirby

screen-5.jpg

Mmm. Mmm.
Good.

We're up to a respectable cast of 34 confirmed characters. Not bad so far!

Were at least getting sixteen more.

Trailer is perfect. Sakurai completely nailed Pac-Man.

To all the naysayers: HA!

Legit.
No objections here.

Sakurai plz.

No.
Getting Mr.Gameandwatch too. Already proof was shown in the conversaion.

Neal Ronaghan: And Game and Watch is in too!!!

Get ready fellas

5EIcbYM.png

Lucina's coming.

ec20fb7f.gif

Already proof of her being our third rep as it shows her amiibo design.
No objections here.
Edited by Bimbo

So in terms of Final Smashes via the tournament and a few other Youtube vids that were not shown in its entirety or at all in the April Direct or before:

Pikachu, Fox, Olimar, Sonic, and Marth's Final Smashes remain relatively unchanged.

Zero Suit Samus's one is similar to Snake's where she jumps into her Airship then attacks the stage using lasers.

Greninja's is a Maximum Spider/Ragnarok-esque Final that starts up similar to Ike, needing to connect with an opponent roughly two character lengths away.

Megaman's fires off a Black Hole Bomb that travels roughly the distance of the entire Final Destination platform. If an opponent is caught in the Black Hole, Megaman will start up his Mega Buster collaboration laser.

All others, either I missed them, or they were not used in any video I've seen.

I see that Pac-Man was reverted back to his previous design instead of using his current design from Pac-Man Party and The Ghostly Adventures. But, I see the screenshots from his profile that have the Maze from the original Pac-Man, Pac-Man transformed into Classic Maze Size Pac-Man chopping the Pac Dots (I am not sure if that's the Pac Chain from the Pac-Man World series?), holding the Galaga Spaceship, and a Giant 2D Pac-Man that I could think that's possibly be his Final Smash?

But, I am not sure what stage was this from?

Edited by King Marth 64

Already proof of her being our third rep as it shows her amiibo design.

No objections here.

She's going to be in SSB4. Most likely a third rep or marth alt or something significant at least.

Bookmark me. :Roy: