SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Archanea, Elibe, Magvel, Jugdral...only Valentia and Tellius are omitted.

Does that mean we get a Valentia stage?

Seriously, you gotta stop grasping at straws. It's general enough.

Sakurai himself said it's from one of the games. I'm not "grasping at straws," whatever the hell that means.

And it isn't just Tellius being omitted from that generalization that makes me think it needs a stage of its own. There's also the fact that Ike is still playable and that several Tellius songs were in Brawl.

Edited by Anacybele

You keep arguing for a stage for Ike when it took Marth three entire games to finally get his own stage, that being the Coliseum ~o3o~

I'm trying to remember if he had his own songs apart from the Shadow Dragon Medley as well...

Oh hey, a track list:

J02 - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light (Arranged by Shogo Sakai) - Fire Emblem Theme
J03 - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light (Arranged by Keigo Ozaki) - Shadow Dragon Medley
J04 - Fire Emblem Gaiden (Arranged by Noriyuki Iwadare) - With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
J06 - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Arranged by Yuka Tsujiyoko) - Preparing to Advance
J07 - Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Arranged by Kentaro Ishizaka) - Winning Road - Roy's Hope
J08 - Fire Emblem (Arranged by Kenji Ito) - Attack
J09 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Against the Dark Knight
J10 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Crimean Army Sortie
J11 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Power - Hungry Fool
J12 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Victory Is Near
J13 - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Ike's Theme
Let's see... that's two for Marth's games (although one is the main theme), One from Gaiden, one from The Binding Blade, One from Blazing Sword, one from The Sacred Stones... And four from Path of Radiance and one from Radiant Dawn
I mean, I love the Tellius Series, but it had more representation in one game than Marth has had in three.
But you're right, it's not fair that Ike doesn't have his own stage while Marth does ~o3o~

Sakurai himself said it's from one of the games. I'm not "grasping at straws," whatever the hell that means.

And it isn't just Tellius being omitted from that generalization that makes me think it needs a stage of its own. There's also the fact that Ike is still playable and that several Tellius songs were in Brawl.

No he didn't. He only described how the Coliseum was in the original game

We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms.

Nothing about it pertains to Archanea

Marth was supposed to have a stage in Melee though. Still, I'm surprised that didn't become a thing in Brawl.

I wanted both Ike and Marth to have stages then and I still do now.

As for the music, give those other games plus Jugdral a few more songs, and give Tellius one or two for RD. I'd like Stalwarts Unite to be one of them, at least. That's really the only one I REALLY want from there.

EDIT: Yes, one of the original games. And people pointed out similarities between the dragon statues and Archanea dragons. And Marth is playable. And Tellius has no arenas. So why would it NOT be from Archanea?

Edited by Anacybele

You keep arguing for a stage for Ike when it took Marth three entire games to finally get his own stage, that being the Coliseum ~o3o~

I'm trying to remember if he had his own songs apart from the Shadow Dragon Medley as well...

Oh hey, a track list:

J02 - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light (Arranged by Shogo Sakai) - Fire Emblem Theme
J03 - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light (Arranged by Keigo Ozaki) - Shadow Dragon Medley
J04 - Fire Emblem Gaiden (Arranged by Noriyuki Iwadare) - With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
J06 - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Arranged by Yuka Tsujiyoko) - Preparing to Advance
J07 - Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Arranged by Kentaro Ishizaka) - Winning Road - Roy's Hope
J08 - Fire Emblem (Arranged by Kenji Ito) - Attack
J09 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Against the Dark Knight
J10 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Crimean Army Sortie
J11 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Power - Hungry Fool
J12 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Victory Is Near
J13 - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Ike's Theme
Let's see... that's two for Marth's games (although one is the main theme), One from Gaiden, one from The Binding Blade, One from Blazing Sword, one from The Sacred Stones... And four from Path of Radiance and one from Radiant Dawn
I mean, I love the Tellius Series, but it had more representation in one game than Marth has had in three.
But you're right, it's not fair that Ike doesn't have his own stage while Marth does ~o3o~

To be fair the coliseum doesn't just represent Marth. It represents the whole series.

To be fair the coliseum doesn't just represent Marth. It represents the whole series.

But as stated earlier, it doesn't represent Tellius. So Ike still has no stage of his own. So it only represents Marth as far as playable characters go. It's fair that Marth gets a stage, of course, but why not Ike too?

Tellius doesn't really need representation though imo. Among the lesser known series, FE'sTellius was the only one to really have a substantial amount of trophies, where as Earthbound didn't. Neither did Ice Climbers, or even Wario, despite being well known (as far as I know)

And I thought that was really weird. I was especially surprised to see no Caeda or anything from Archanea besides Marth.

A Tellius stage isn't the only thing I want, ya know. :P I want each game to have at least the same amount of trophies Tellius got, same with music. Ike and Marth are the playable FE reps right now and an Awakening rep is likely going to be in too, so logically our stage choices would be something from Archanea, something from Ylisse which we got in the form of Arena Ferox, and something from Tellius. Tellius is also the only saga to actually get more than one game released internationally. Not even Marth got a second game outside of Japan. So many FE players might find a Tellius stage more recognizable than a random coliseum. I know I didn't recognize the Coliseum myself.

On another topic, is there any other time during E3 where we can expect to see more Smash-related news?

Maybe in the Smash-Fest, which will start in... like 7 minutes.

So does to me. Though that's the thing, wouldn't local time be PST since, at least with NoA, their HQ is in Washington?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, I thought it meant local time nationwide. Meaning even though there are timezones, it would start at 4PM everywhere regardless.

Well, I thought it meant local time nationwide. Meaning even though there are timezones, it would start at 4PM everywhere regardless.

Because there are timezones (and this is live), that doesn't make any sense.

The Smash Fest is the Best Buy demo events. I doubt anything new will be revealed there (though the people playing could find out some stuff we don't know already about the characters/items/stages that are in the demo version).

Because there are timezones (and this is live), that doesn't make any sense.

...Oh. I didn't know about the live part. xP

I might be going after all too since it appears my local Best Buy is doing the event. Man, potentially being on live TV makes me kinda nervous. lol

Dang. I'd LOVE to go and try the new Zero Suit.. but I can't. My brother can't take us because he has tests to study for, and homework to finish :cry: .

Looks like I'll have to wait until October.

My stepdad said he might take me Saturday. But we have to clean the house because family is visiting on Monday. But I just HAVE to go. I want to try the Wii U version of the game so baaaad. Even if I can't use my mains just yet...