SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Oh yeah... it's on Saturday too!

Good thing I had my violin lesson yesterday! I usually have them on Saturdays' (thank GOD for the sudden switch. it's like my teacher KNEW about SSB4 Smash Fest).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marth got Coliseum as stage, then why Ike doesn't get a Tellius stage? If EVERY SINGLE FE character got a stage, then why don't the rest of the characters OF EVERY SINGLE SERIES IN SSB get a stage for them (like Peach having her stage, Rosalina her stage, Luigi his own stage, and so on)? In the end, THERE WILL BE MORE STAGES THAN CHARACTERS WHAT WHAT WUT (obviously because Battlefield, Final Destination are a thing!)

That won't serve at all Ana, discriminating a stage per char is not practical in any ways. Stages are meant to represent the series in general, and Coliseum is fine for FE because the Arena is signature for FE (EDIT: as well as Castle Siege was fine for FE because when you think of seizing a throne and a castle siege your inmediate reference might be FE amirite). Each series might get a derivative or an extra stage or not, that depends.

On another note, seeing Bayonetta's trailer yesterday makes me want her to be in SSB, just saiyan .-.

Edited by Quintessence

If Marth got Coliseum as stage, then why Ike doesn't get a Tellius stage? If EVERY SINGLE FE character got a stage, then why don't the rest of the characters OF EVERY SINGLE SERIES IN SSB get a stage for them (like Peach having her stage, Rosalina her stage, Luigi his own stage, and so on)? In the end, THERE WILL BE MORE STAGES THAN CHARACTERS WHAT WHAT WUT (obviously because Battlefield, Final Destination are a thing!)

That won't serve at all Ana, discriminating a stage per char is not practical in any ways. Stages are meant to represent the series in general, and Coliseum is fine for FE because the Arena is signature for FE (EDIT: as well as Castle Siege was fine for FE because when you think of seizing a throne and a castle siege your inmediate reference might be FE amirite). Each series might get a derivative or an extra stage or not, that depends.

On another note, seeing Bayonetta's trailer yesterday makes me want her to be in SSB, just saiyan .-.

Uh, Ike and Marth are playable while none of the other FE lords are (so far). And all the playable characters have had some stage tied to them as far as I've seen. And since Coliseum doesn't represent Tellius due to Tellius not having arenas, it only makes more sense for Ike to have his own stage now.

Considering that all Smash Run enemies so far have come from series with playable representatives, I guess Chorus Men are coming then.

I personally hope it's not Chorus Men. There are much more recognizable Rhythm Heaven characters than those characters and the Chorus Men only appeared in one game with two minigames in the entire series whereas the Samurai, Karate Joe and the Rhythm Girl are featured in every single entry of the series with multiple iterations and minigame series.

Edited by kingddd

I personally hope it's not Chorus Men. There are much more recognizable Rhythm Heaven characters than those characters and the Chorus Men only appeared in one game with two minigames in the entire series whereas the Samurai, Karate Joe and the Rhythm Girl are featured in every single entry of the series with multiple iterations and minigame series.

Oh yeah, I would much rather have either than the CM, moreso Rhythm Girl, but there is the 7/11 Leak.

Oh yeah, I would much rather have either than the CM, moreso Rhythm Girl, but there is the 7/11 Leak.

even then I really hope that leak just mislabeled the character or the identity considering a lot of people don't really recognize majority of the Rhythm Heaven characters.

Uh, Ike and Marth are playable while none of the other FE lords are (so far). And all the playable characters have had some stage tied to them as far as I've seen. And since Coliseum doesn't represent Tellius due to Tellius not having arenas, it only makes more sense for Ike to have his own stage now.

Coliseum represents FE as a whole, just because the Arena feature isn't available in FE9/10 doesn't mean Tellius has been set aside and thus need a separate distinctive stage. Stop overcentralizing the game over Ike, you need to think about FE as a whole.

Oh hey, has anyone noticed that Marth's guard animation is different this time around? From what I saw, it seemed almost, if not exactly what Lucina's fighting pose is.

*Is rewatching the matches*

Coliseum represents FE as a whole, just because the Arena feature isn't available in FE9/10 doesn't mean Tellius has been set aside and thus need a separate distinctive stage. Stop overcentralizing the game over Ike, you need to think about FE as a whole.

Uh, did you NOT see the post I made where I said I wanted songs and trophies for EVERY game? And an equal number for the most part? I AM thinking of the series as a whole. It's just that since Ike is playable and his games had no "coliseum" I feel there should be another stage that better represents him and Tellius due to playable characters typically having stages that are tied to them.

Edited by Anacybele

#2muchFireEmblembias

1402522022305.png

Interesting..................

I LOVE THAT ONE.

I REALLY HOPE A RHYTHM HEAVEN CHARACTER MAKES IT.

I WOULD SO MAIN IT.

I never even heard of Rhythm Heaven until someone eventually pointed out where these Chorus Men from the leak were from. :P

I <3 Rhythm Heaven.

It's so fuuuun.

Is it weird that whenever someone talks about the Chorus Men, my mind immediately pictures those guys from the Elite Beat Agents? I know who the Chorus Men are, but my mind immediately jumps to the EBA guys until it remembers, "Oh yeah, those aren't the Chorus Men, whoops."

On slightly more on-topicness, I honestly don't care whether we get a Tellius stage or not. I'm just happy we got a cool stage for each version that is related to FE.

Is it weird that whenever someone talks about the Chorus Men, my mind immediately pictures those guys from the Elite Beat Agents? I know who the Chorus Men are, but my mind immediately jumps to the EBA guys until it remembers, "Oh yeah, those aren't the Chorus Men, whoops."

On slightly more on-topicness, I honestly don't care whether we get a Tellius stage or not. I'm just happy we got a cool stage for each version that is related to FE.

if the leak ever said FBI agents with mics I would be a happy man but I doubt we'll ever get anything from the Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents series. As much as I love that game and it was GOTY for me.

Quite sad, as Elite Beat Agents is arguably the most underrated Nintendo game ever. I would love for them to have even just an assist trophy.

I considered trying Starfy. In fact, I've considered trying several games I haven't played (Starfy, Okami, Kid Icarus, probably others I'm not thinking of), but I'm always afraid of them turning out to not be that worth it. xP

I heard it isn't, I think all we can do is follow them live tweeting it

Apparently their new project is "Codename S.T.E.A.M"

Edited by Spiky

I heard it isn't, I think all we can do is follow them live tweeting it

Apparently their new project is "Codename S.T.E.A.M"

Yup, they say it is "a turn based strategy game with a variety of unique features"

"And if Nintendo is developing a strategy game, of course the developer is going to be...Intelligent Systems"

ZOMG INTSYS I'M UP FOR IT YES YES I NEED A TRAILER

edit:

"#CodeNameSTEAM uses action elements from shooters to enhance both movement and attacking"

Edited by Quintessence

Considering that all Smash Run enemies so far have come from series with playable representatives, I guess Chorus Men are coming then.

Oh good I don't have to post it.

Apparently Ghastly and Koffing are confirmed as enemies in Smash Run now. (this would make it Koffing's first appearance in Smash since 64)

Egg Robos are a thing too.

ciGCv8c.png

Anyways, apparently it's been confirmed that more(but not all) characters are getting unique victory themes. Bowser apparently has his own now, as does Rosalina. However, ZSS shares one with Samus (makes sense), and Luigi shares one with Mario.

I'm guessing Ike will share his with Marth again. But I'd still love it if he got his own. :3

Also, before I forget, I just remembered. I've decided to make Miis for two of my original characters that appear in my game fiction to go along with the Frederick Mii! They are: Azura, the lord character of Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness and Kelli, the lead female in The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Power! If you've read either of these and liked them, I'll be glad to send these Miis to you for Smash too!

Maaan, I can't wait for the game to come out! :P