SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Man. The Mii thing is so dumb.

/isstilltotallybutthurtaboutbeingwrong

All I know is I'm totally taking advantage of that nonsense... By golly, if they want to give us that kind of power, I'm going to abuse the shit out of it. Can anyone say Naruto VS C-3P0 VS Napoleon Dynamite VS Frodo Baggins free-for-all?

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering that all Smash Run enemies so far have come from series with playable representatives, I guess Chorus Men are coming then.

Won't say it's a certain indicator, but I must admit that the Chorus Men seem more likely now.

Edited by Naui

All I know is I'm totally taking advantage of that nonsense... By golly, if they want to give us that kind of power, I'm going to abuse the shit out of it. Can anyone say Naruto VS C-3P0 VS Napoleon Dynamite VS Frodo Baggins free-for-all?

Hey, I shared your opinion, originally. lol

But damn, did Sakurai change my mind. And it isn't easy to change my mind like that. :P

Also, you know what? Deciding to do the Kelli Mii (remember, it isn't my Awakening Avatar Kelli, but my Zelda character Kelli. They have the same name, but for different reasons) has also made me decide to add her love interest, Judo, along with her! He doesn't actually appear in The Ancient Power, but he is mentioned quite a bit and is planned to be in the sequel as a main character. :) (if I ever get to it... TAP has been on hold for quite some time, unfortunately)

Smash Wii U is going to be my most wanted Christmas present since it's coming out during the holidays! That is, if I can WAIT for Christmas. lol

Anybody read/heard anything regarding the 3DS version's controls? Like, is it hard on the buttons/control stick? I'm still on the fence about buying it because this worries me.

I'm probably going to try to make a bunch of Game of Thrones characters.

On a side note, anyone predicting more character reveals between now and release? I think that there will be one more Direct about the game, probably a week or two before the 3DS version's Japanese release, where we'll see a newcomer or two, and we may see a few more veterans at random points throughout the next few months (remember, nobody thought we'd see anyone between the last Direct and E3, but we got Ike). The rest of the cast will have to be discovered when we play the game (or, more accurately, when people with Japanese copies play the game and post what they find online).

Too bad Miis aren't usable online.

Well, they are, but only with Friends.

I'd say there's a good reason for Miis not being usable online except for with friends. Nobody wants to see offensive and dumb Miis spammed everywhere. Children will play this game too.

My Miis are all made! I just can't resist making them so early lol.

Too bad Miis aren't usable online.

Well, they are, but only with Friends.

As it should be, IMO, for multiple reasons.

Chief among them is the thing Ana brings up; there are bound to be immature fools flaunting dong-face Miis. But for my taste, they just don't belong with all the iconic Ninty characters. =3= I'll be grateful not to have that reminder when I play online lol. Messing around with them between friends is another thing entirely, and has some pretty funny potential, I'll admit~

Oh yeah, that just made me realize something, Banyru. :P

Having my Judo Mii go up against Ike is gonna be fun, because in the FE/Zelda crossover I plan to write, these two do NOT get along. lol

But yeah, messing around with Miis with friends definitely has potential for a lot of funny stuff. XD

Reading those comments, is that what the Melee side of the Smash fandom is like? Goodness gracious.

You have no idea. I had to deal with one at my gaming lounge in university on a regular basis. >_<

Seriously, while I respect skill of the people who are really good at the game and play it competitively and whatnot, some of them seriously just need to quit bitching about it. Though I might question some of the design choices, I can never HATE Sakurai or hold mechanical balance against him because of ALLL the shit that gets put into every single SSB game.

And seriously, people just don't appreciate how hard it is to make a game. Show some respect, motherfuckers.

Completely agree with you. I've really come to resent the Melee fanbase in general thanks to the Melee extremists.

Also, they're beyond ungrateful and not even worth catering to, since even if SSB4 managed to be perfectly balanced competitively, I know for a fact people will be like "No wavedashing or Fox shine combos? It's not worth my time." I honestly can't believe Melee extremists that are that picky exist, and that I know one like that personally.

Love Starfy. sucks we only got one game in NA wheras Japan had 5 entries.

I know. I've played them all except for the 4th one. The music for the 1st one is absolutely amazing (especially the ice and whale level songs).

I considered trying Starfy. In fact, I've considered trying several games I haven't played (Starfy, Okami, Kid Icarus, probably others I'm not thinking of), but I'm always afraid of them turning out to not be that worth it. xP

Starfy is a game series that's quite easy and you'll be able to complete the main story easily, so you'll easily get your full money's worth since completing the main game is easy enough.

You should care to remember "Melee extremists" aren't the only players who like melee.

Anyways, I expect to see Chrom, Shulk and the Chorus Men sometime in the future now, a crying shame Isaac won't be in. But I can't win em all

Anyways, I expect to see Chrom, Shulk and the Chorus Men sometime in the future now, a crying shame Isaac won't be in. But I can't win em all

I'm still positive about Isaac.

The leak seems to be pretty real now. But it didn't predict every character. And not all of them from the beginning.

I made a separate thread about my impressions from the E3 Best Buy Event and what I learned from my playtime there, so feel free to ask me anything I forgot to cover.

You should care to remember "Melee extremists" aren't the only players who like melee.

Fair enough. I know I hate being grouped in the bad MLP fanbase despite me being rather tame about the series. It just seems so unfair that the Melee extremists are so picky and critical, especially when they personally insult Sakurai despite how hard he works for the fans...

I agree. The Gematsu leaker is looking heavily legit now, especially with Rhythm Heaven enemies being confirmed in Smash Run. I hope that's not everyone though. I mean, he didn't predict Rosalina, so maybe there'll be more characters still?

Edited by Randoman

a crying shame Isaac won't be in. But I can't win em all

Wait didn't someone say he was using older files? So in theory they could have added a few late additions to the game as far as we know.

I agree. The Gematsu leaker is looking heavily legit now, especially with Chorus Men enemies being confirmed in Smash Run. I hope that's not everyone though. I mean, he didn't predict Rosalina, so maybe there'll be more characters still?

Please don't say Chorus Men enemies. I know a bit nitpicky but please just say Rhythm Heaven enemies. As those enemies don't even appear in Chorus Men's minigame.

Edited by kingddd

On a side note, there hasn't been any news regarding Xenoblade enemies in Smash Run, huh?

I don't think we've seen any FE enemies either and since we got Marth and Ike I wouldn't worry about what is in smash run.

I'm kinda freaking out if Marth is as nerfed as everyone's been saying. And Zelda didn't look like she improved at all, either. I want to like Zelda more but she's so slow and floaty without enough payoff in the oomph of her moves. And Marth apparently got slower, floatier, and has no grab game or ability to combo anymore. I know Sakurai probably wants to eliminate chain grabs but now it looks nearly impossible to chain a grab to a regular combo now due to the lag.

On a side note, there hasn't been any news regarding Xenoblade enemies in Smash Run, huh?

There was a trophy of some sort of sci-fi bike that sort of looked like something from Xenoblade, but I think that actually may have been that bike from Kid Icarus. I think that Sakurai will refrain from teasing some characters so we have some more surprise when the game comes out.