SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Banryu? He wrote such a long essay on why Robin wouldn't be in... and kept insisting we should talk about Robin in the impossible character thread...

I'm glad they picked up the original voice cast for the Fire Emblem characters, after I couldn't hear Fred Tatasciore voicing Magnus, I was afraid Sakurai wouldn't stick with the established cast. Also I'm just going to leave this here 1405351115031_zpsyrdhcflp.jpg *cough cough Ike's sword turns blue*

Oh gosh, all I could pick out of the Japanese trailer was Geegah Fiyah

Edited by Spiky

lol guys, I'm not psychic. XD Just really good at guessing future events. Most of the time.

0HaKm2a.jpg Lucina gets a full sized banner on the mobile site. No idea why not on the normal site.

Huh, that is kind of odd. But it might be so the images fit and align properly on the normal site.

Gematsu is too stubborn to admit that he was misinformed about Chrom (as I had predicted), as well as Shulk, it seems. lol Chrom's clearly part of the Final Smash of one of the two.

Also, Banryu is going to freak when he sees all this. He was SO sure Avatar wouldn't get in. XD

So was I, but eh. Gotta deal with it. Not happy about Lucy being a clone at all. She better be a costume, she has her own animations for Chrissake. Robin looks a bit on the boring side

Looks like I'll be sticking to the fucking horribly nerfed Marth in this game too RIP Forward Air. Marth, Pit, and Shiek go go go.

I just can't shake this nagging feeling that that this is the reason for the delay. I have no doubts Chrom was going to be the rep but since that leak was killin' it Sakurai went into horee sheet mode, scrapped Chrom, and added Robin/Lucy instead. The trailer seemed more like a big middle finger to Gematsu than a simple deconfirm of Chrom.

lol guys, I'm not psychic. XD Just really good at guessing future events. Most of the time.

Huh, that is kind of odd. But it might be so the images fit and align properly on the normal site.

Only the true Messiah denies his divinity.

Edited by Jotari

I'm glad they picked up the original voice cast for the Fire Emblem characters, after I couldn't hear Fred Tatasciore voicing Magnus, I was afraid Sakurai wouldn't stick with the established cast. Also I'm just going to leave this here 1405351115031_zpsyrdhcflp.jpg *cough cough Ike's sword turns blue*

Blue fire for Ike.

BLUE FIRE FOR IKE.

BLUE FIRE FOR IKE!!! :D

I'M SO HYPED NOW I COULD JUST EXPLOOOODE!!!

WE12.jpg

0HaKm2a.jpg Lucina gets a full sized banner on the mobile site. No idea why not on the normal site.

Also, comment from Sal Romano:

As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.

Take it as you will.

You know... the difference between the mobile site vs. the main site might mean that originally Sakurai planned to show a video with only one newcomer and two veterans (possibly a Shulk video?) and the fact that the Gematsu leaker is said to work for Namco and not Nintendo could explain some roster innacuracies, and guessing Wii Fit Trainer is still incredibly impressive...

You know what, fuck it. I'm not going to get hopeful again. Shulk will not be in this game, meaning that it's no longer a game worth getting a Wii U for. I'm going to pick up my pre-order and it's just going to sit unplayed on my shelf until Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out and I get a Wii U then (after all, my sister once kept a copy of Kingdom Hearts with no system for more than half a decade through multiple moves after she broke up with one of her ex-boyfriends and he kept his PS2).

Time for another drink...

YESSS!!! Robin's in SB!. Would've loved to hav Chrom too but I'll take Lucina and Robin. That makes 4 characters for Fire Emblem in brawl, good news for the future of fire emblem games

I dunno, your predictions have been pretty on-point and you saw how people react to how accurate Gematsu was! Haven't you had like two dreams that accurately predicted the next reveal? If you guess the next newcomers, I think I might call you Godnycabele from now on.

Oh and you did predict Ike's blue flames, honestly you're even more credible than the Gematsu leaker.

So was I, but eh. Gotta deal with it. Not happy about Lucy being a clone at all. She better be a costume, she has her own animations for Chrissake. Robin looks a bit on the boring side

Looks like I'll be sticking to the fucking horribly nerfed Marth in this game too RIP Forward Air. Marth, Pit, and Shiek go go go.

I just can't shake this nagging feeling that that this is the reason for the delay. I have no doubts Chrom was going to be the rep but since that leak was killin' it Sakurai went into horee sheet mode, scrapped Chrom, and added Robin/Lucy instead. The trailer seemed more like a big middle finger to Gematsu than a simple deconfirm of Chrom.

I have my doubts but this very well could have been possible. But while Chrom may be the face of Awakening in the west, the way I hear it apparently Lucina is pretty huge in Japan?

Robin I have mixed feelings about. I guess I'm okay with the 4th FE rep being an Awakening character but I still don't know if Robin was the right choice. I mean he's a self insert character who is commonly blamed by the fandom for the writing in Awakening, so I see why some hardcore fans aren't happy with him at all.

But I'm definitely happy about having a magic user in the game, and 4 FE reps period, so I'm happy.

I dunno, your predictions have been pretty on-point and you saw how people react to how accurate Gematsu was! Haven't you had like two dreams that accurately predicted the next reveal? If you guess the next newcomers, I think I might call you Godnycabele from now on.

Oh and you did predict Ike's blue flames, honestly you're even more credible than the Gematsu leaker.

I had four dreams that featured Ike, actually lol, but he was in his RD design and one of those dreams also featured him in the Vanguard garb as well. So I've also predicted Vanguard Ike to be an alternate costume.

You're right about the blue fire thing though! I'm glad Sakurai did it! ^^ But I was wrong about Ike getting Ragnell's shockwave, I think. I suppose it could still be one of his alternate moves, but I just don't know anymore at this point with Sakurai having said that Palutena and Mii would be the only characters getting completely different alternate moves.

And when I predict future events, I use information I already know and analyze it. I can't just "tap into mystic forces" or some cheesy thing like that. lol

You know... the difference between the mobile site vs. the main site might mean that originally Sakurai planned to show a video with only one newcomer and two veterans (possibly a Shulk video?) and the fact that the Gematsu leaker is said to work for Namco and not Nintendo could explain some roster innacuracies, and guessing Wii Fit Trainer is still incredibly impressive...

You know what, fuck it. I'm not going to get hopeful again. Shulk will not be in this game, meaning that it's no longer a game worth getting a Wii U for. I'm going to pick up my pre-order and it's just going to sit unplayed on my shelf until Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out and I get a Wii U then (after all, my sister once kept a copy of Kingdom Hearts with no system for more than half a decade through multiple moves after she broke up with one of her ex-boyfriends and he kept his PS2).

Time for another drink...

No, Gematsu has been a fraud especially since he says that there was a debate for Ness or Lucas to appear in smash when Sakurai confirmed that the roster had been finished long before E3 2014. Today he said we'd get Shulk, and we didn't. Now he's trying to save ass by saying that Sakurai is subject to change his mind? Fat chance. Also Chrom was "revealed" back in April, so I doubt that Sakurai would suddenly change his mind less than 5 months before its world wide debut.

He didn't mention Rosalina in his first leak, he was pillow revealed Greninja, he lied about Shulk being revealed today, and Chrom has been completely deconfirmed. The Gematsu leaker got lucky at first and has been a fraud since.

But anyways, just because Shulk wasn't revealed today doesn't mean that he's not in the game. Even though I've never played Xenoblade, I'd still like to see him. We still got 2 months before the Japan release. Plenty of time for at least one more newcomer reveal.

Oh yeah, did anyone notice that the pic of the day shows Male Avatar wielding a different sword than the female? Is that an alternate move, maybe?

Oh yeah, did anyone notice that the pic of the day shows Male Avatar wielding a different sword than the female? Is that an alternate move, maybe?

Not sure, I caught glimpses of him using the Bronze Sword in the trailer too.

YEAH. SUCK IT. LUCINA AND ROBIN. NOT CHROM.WHAT WAS THAT?SUCK IT, YOU WERE WRONG.I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS HOW EXCITED I WAS WATCHING THIS VIDEO. SUCK IT DOUBTERS. SUCK IT GEMATSU.FUCK. YES!

yeah, this. I KNEW IT FROM THE BEGINNING LOL.

That's the last hit of Marth's Dancing Blade. She has the same moveset as Marth. Seems to be nothing more than an alt.

yeah, just press down and b for the last hit and Marth does this.

FUCK PIKACHU, I'VE FOUND MY MAIN.

And when I predict future events, I use information I already know and analyze it. I can't just "tap into mystic forces" or some cheesy thing like that. lol

I believe analysis IS considered a mystic force on the internet!

Edited by Carilhelol

Hell, I'll make a bet right now. If a character from the Gematsu leak doesn't make it to the final game, I will make my avatar Oliver with ZSS's body for a month.

Well damn, I made the bet too soon. Oh well. I'm actually glad to see Lucina and Robin instead of Chrom. Also, my man Captain Falcon is back.

Also, another prediction of mine that was wrong: Lucina would only be an assist trophy at most. But nope, she's playable. I predicted Robin/Avatar though, fo sho.

I'm also surprised that Lucina is a clone. She seems like she's only there for the sake of it. :/ You could say she's also there so there's a female FE rep, but Female Avatar already covers that, imo.

But there is ONE thing that Lucina being playable does in my favor: as I said before, it leaves room for Freddy to possibly be the assist!

Edited by Anacybele

FE gets the recognition it deserves!

The characters are varied enough for me to be satisfied (i.e. more than just swords, and females <3) but what does it for me is 4 characters! Good day to love FE.

And suck it FE haters ;)

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and I'll bet she's just like Link and Toon Link, or the Star Fox (and Wolf) fighters; she's similar to Marth, but not a complete clone. She seems to be pretty agile from the little bit we've seen from her, she's probably lighter than him, and she'll definitely have different moves and such.