SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly sad.

I love Lucina and am glad that Robin's in, but I just... I just wish Chrom was in. Sort of. I wish he was in, but I prefer Lucina.

if i could, id replace robin with chrom

screen-6.jpg

His model looks so nice, I like Matthew Mercer's voice, and I had just accepted that he'd be in. Now it's like there's a void, that Lucina makes up for, but still a void. Am I crazy?

I'm honestly sad.

I love Lucina and am glad that Robin's in, but I just... I just wish Chrom was in. Sort of. I wish he was in, but I prefer Lucina.

if i could, id replace robin with chrom

screen-6.jpg

His model looks so nice, I like Matthew Mercer's voice, and I had just accepted that he'd be in. Now it's like there's a void, that Lucina makes up for, but still a void. Am I crazy?

Nah man, I totally feel the same; but I'm coping with the fact that we got so many other awesome characters.

Besides, I'm still hopeful he'll be included post-launch, as a skin, or 3rd Marth clone (ala Starfox trio).

Edited by Mugen Wing

Sugita is superior. (For the love of crap, I hope none of you take this weeaboo strikethrough statement seriously)

But I've gotta say, it's like the movie by anima was pretty much crapping all over the Chrom hype from Gematsu.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Being able to share built stages online would be pretty cool.

Brawl already let you do that, actually, so I've no doubt SSB Wii U/3DS will as well. :P I sent and received stages all the time. lol Of course, people have to be on your friends list first.

Edited by Anacybele

Sugita is superior. (For the love of crap, I hope none of you take this weeaboo strikethrough statement seriously)

But I've gotta say, it's like the movie by anima was pretty much crapping all over the Chrom hype from Gematsu.

GameFAQs is mainly what's making me wish for Chrom. Most people are happy he's gone. I feel bad for the Chrommies chrom fangirls who's been praying to sakurai wishing for him.

But they also hate Lucina for being a clone and that FE has 4 reps so I should expect that GameFAQs hates everything.

Edited by Rinoa Heartilly

Screw the haters. FE deserved four reps! I didn't expect that it would get more than three, but it still deserves all the reps it got! Yeah, even Lucina, I guess. :P For some reason, I've started to dislike her less than I used to. I don't know why though, I just am.

Screw the haters. FE deserved four reps! I didn't expect that it would get more than three, but it still deserves all the reps it got! Yeah, even Lucina, I guess. :P For some reason, I've started to dislike her less than I used to. I don't know why though, I just am.

If it's to further increase it's sales...

I don't get why people keep saying they don't get the clone hate. Some people don't like clones, others don't give a damn they even exist. Deal with it, people. xP

the problem with clones is that they should actually just be a costume for the main character, and the name could change and stuff. a little like the daisy skin for peach, but more polished...and more changing the name to daisy.

clones are annoying because they're clones. they basically are just costumes of a character disguised a separate one entirely with some tweaks (read: gimmicks).

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Pardon me, but isn't it a little too early to be calling her a clone? I mean yeah she has the same pose (with a slight difference) to Marth, but we don't know exactly what she can do in battle, and such.
But even then I'm too happy to see the gang in the game to care. I'll call it, "the passed down skills of the King" or something. :P

It's been confirmed that her specials are exactly the same as Marth's. Two of her aerials are the same as well. Sakurai even said her physical abilities are the same, she just doesn't have the tipper effect.

The way I see it:

If a clone character can be added to the roster and it doesn't affect the inclusion of any planned characters or the release date of the game, then by all means, put said character in.

Honestly, I'm starting to feel okay about all the characters I disapprove of/dislike.

It just occurred to me that beating computers/people who play as those characters will be even more rewarding.

So, in an effort to raise the optimism here, if you don't like Lucina then just beat the shit out of her with your main. There's always a bright side of things. Can't wait to falcon punch Rosalina.

the problem with clones is that they should actually just be a costume for the main character, and the name could change and stuff. a little like the daisy skin for peach, but more polished...and more changing the name to daisy.

clones are annoying because they're clones. they basically are just costumes of a character disguised a separate one entirely with some tweaks (read: gimmicks).

i didn't know falco's badass dair combos were gimmicks. Also forgot about the knee combos with falcon. Oh, and Roy's extremely strong forward smash. And pichu...well, as a pichu main (who also happens to know all of his frame data), I can confidently say that he's not like Pikachu at all as a result of almost every move being different than pika's. Link is also...different (I'm not sure how to explain this) than toon link and young link. So no, not gimmicks.

Ah I see. (I don't really keep up with stuff as much as I should.)
Meh, it's still good to see her (even if she forever accuses me of being a homewrecking harpy. - 3-+ )

Brawl already let you do that, actually, so I've no doubt SSB Wii U/3DS will as well. :P I sent and received stages all the time. lol Of course, people have to be on your friends list first.

...Oh...right. I didn't use stage builder much in Brawl because I felt the options were too limited. I like the concept a lot, though, so I hope it comes back much better.

Sakurai doesn't seem to like leaderboard style things, but I would hope for some way to view/download top rated stages.

tumblr_n8u7rjpJGG1rmzb08o1_500.jpg

This image is relevant to my smash FE interests.

I feel bad that my honest reaction when I saw Marth was, "Wait, who's that girl?"

I feel bad that my honest reaction when I saw Marth was, "Wait, who's that girl?"

What's wrong with that? I've been thinking the same thing for years.

Random comment, but is no one gonna talk about Lucina is taller than f!Robin? Idk why but I really like that. xD

She is? I'm assuming both genders of Robin are the same height, right?

What's wrong with that? I've been thinking the same thing for years.

She is? I'm assuming both genders of Robin are the same height, right?

8OxIt1c.png

Not in the original game, at least.

i didn't know falco's badass dair combos were gimmicks. Also forgot about the knee combos with falcon. Oh, and Roy's extremely strong forward smash. And pichu...well, as a pichu main (who also happens to know all of his frame data), I can confidently say that he's not like Pikachu at all as a result of almost every move being different than pika's. Link is also...different (I'm not sure how to explain this) than toon link and young link. So no, not gimmicks.

for most of those characters, those are minor differences intended to set them apart. barely. maybe pichu is different, so what? falcon isn't a clone. who would he be a clone of?

i'm not saying they should scrap them, but just make them what they should be: reskins of the main fighters. i don't care very much, still gonna buy the game and have lots of fun with it.