SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That was posted awhile ago lol. :P

I'm loving these new screen KO effects lol. But can Luigi get that crazy laugh he had back in Melee whenever he was star KO'd? :P

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add on to the fact that this takes place in a split second, as he pretty much flicks his wrist at a super exaggarated thrust of a legendary weapon right into a counter attack that left Lucina open with enough time to get falcon punched if not for Rufure.

There is no shame in losing to the almighty falcon.

Ha! Kinda makes me want to main him now.

Late to the party as usual, I am. Well, this week went fantastically in the end in terms of new info. I wanna screencap of all the characters and their screen KOs. Though Kirby's might just be a direct rip from Triple Deluxe

Edited by Naui

Ha! Kinda makes me want to main him now.

I remember unlocking him in super smash bros 64 as a kid, and when I first saw him in all of his blocky glory (being the only MAN on the roster), I was like "this is the one..."

Ever since that fateful day I've been a Falcon Fanatic.

I just hope Samurai quits screwing around and buffs him already.

I mean, besides Marth, Ike is the only one with a confirmed descendant

I really don't want to start that topic again, but I can't leave this uncorrected.

Sigurd, Eliwood and Hector all have confirmed children.

I know Chrom is old news but why not?

Chrom got Falcon Punched so hard he got knocked off the roster.

Ouch. >.<
Playing Awakening won't be the same again.

Ana, how would you feel if Chrom HAD been in?

Because that would have made me very happy.

No seriously.

It hasn't fully been confirmed yet that he wouldn't be in.

People are already slightly annoyed that Fire Emblem has got four reps while other more popular series like Donkey Kong only have two (for now). Fire Emblem is a very wide and diverse series and has a lot to offer in terms of moveset. And Ike isn't getting any younger. Path of Radiance will be a ten year old game next year. Marth will always have the distinctive spot as the face of Fire Emblem because he was the first lord and nothing can change that. A hip young popular lord with a giant sword could easily come along and overthrow old man Ike as the popular heavyweight swordsman.

^

1. Ok

2.ok

3, 4, and 5: well, what did you expect? Newer consoles will be able to do more things, so of course he'll be the first to have those. And of course the games will be outside of Japan, since FE was starting to get localized most of the time

he stole it from a generic hero

I hope that this happens.

IIRC someone in this thread was asking for separate renders of both genders of Robin? Someone on Tumblr posted them, if anyone's still interested.

tumblr_n8tqa5YX0C1rb2c0mo1_500.pngtumblr_n8tqa5YX0C1rb2c0mo2_500.png

Here ye go

PLEASE...let there be hair color changes for Robin's alternate costume.

I really don't want to start that topic again, but I can't leave this uncorrected.

Sigurd, Eliwood and Hector all have confirmed children.

I obviously meant besides children. Edited by Anacybele

It hasn't fully been confirmed yet that he wouldn't be in.

Yes, Chrom will surely be in. And when he's on the battlefield, Alfonzo will take over as the partner for Robin's final smash.

I really don't think Chrom could be any more deconfirmed.

And if by any strange twist of fate, Chrom actually still gets in, then I demand playable Ashley and Skull Kid.

I obviously meant besides children.

Children are descendants to me, but oh well. Seems like I misunderstood you. My bad.

Yes, Chrom will surely be in. And when he's on the battlefield, Alfonzo will take over as the partner for Robin's final smash.

I really don't think Chrom could be any more deconfirmed.

And if by any strange twist of fate, Chrom actually still gets in, then I demand playable Ashley and Skull Kid.

Ha ha...

All for the girls smash tournaments. :D

Skull Kid, however, should be at least an asset trophy if not playable.

*Giggle*

I'd love to see his mask as an item like the bunny hood.

Edited by Bimbo

Isn't there a reasonable theory that Priam is actually a descendant of Ike in the same way Marth is a descendant of Anri?

You can also make Chrom a grandfather if you marry your Avatar with Lucina.

A quick search also tells me Alm's ending refers to him as Alm the first giving plenty of credibility to a long line of descendants in his thousand year rein.

Edited by Jotari

Skull Kid, however, should be at least an asset trophy if not playable.

That's pretty much the point I was trying to make. Skull kid already is an assist trophy. His chances of being playable in Smash 4 are as high as Chroms. Which is... none.

Why do I get the feeling that Chrom wasn't the main character of Awakening. Remember, he died ages back. Lucina did save him after all. She already went Messiah to bringing Chrom back from the dead by turning back time upon which Avatar was more along the lines of Antagonist than being the actual hero who lost his/her memory after the time travel into the past which Validar put fourth effort into getting Avatar's memory back. Aka: Before Chrom died. That is why that he isn't playable.

Edited by Bimbo

@Bimbo, I still feel he was the main character, along with the avatar. The story began and ended with him, and he was still important at key plot points (the Awakening for god's sake). Sakurai acknowledged his popularity, just Lucina's a little more popular in Japan is all it seems.

That's pretty much the point I was trying to make. Skull kid already is an assist trophy. His chances of being playable in Smash 4 are as high as Chroms. Which is... none.

Although Chrom at least has a better chance being a skin than Skull Kid; though I'm not sure if anyone'd find that acceptable.

timestamp="1405685378"]

Edited by Mugen Wing

@Bimbo, I still feel he was the main character, along with the avatar. The story began and ended with him, and he was still important at key plot points (the Awakening for god's sake). Sakurai acknowledged his popularity, just Lucina's a little more popular in Japan is all it seems.

Figures.

You don't get a Game Over if she dies either. -.-

IIRC someone in this thread was asking for separate renders of both genders of Robin? Someone on Tumblr posted them, if anyone's still interested.

tumblr_n8tqa5YX0C1rb2c0mo1_500.pngtumblr_n8tqa5YX0C1rb2c0mo2_500.png

Here ye go

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU

We do need the man in blue. Please let Chrom be a surprise upon being playable upon the game release. If so...please have him in a dreadfighter outfit. <3

Petitions were already given out upon him cuz it's a disaster without the star. -.-

Like in movie, you cannot have the premier without the star.

Edited by Bimbo

Chrom won't be playable. In the incredibly far-fetched event we get a FIFTH Fire Emblem character, there's no way I see Sakurai putting in three Awakening reps. Even if we get Character DLC, Chrom likely won't be a choice.

Side note: I was thinking, what if Robin's Pair-Up Final Smash isn't necessarily "Robin + Chrom", but "Robin + Random FE13 Character"? Obviously not EVERY FE13 character would be in, but a small selection of characters for Robin's FS could be pretty interesting.

Edited by Jave

But us western folks like Chrom more. -.-

Not that Smash Bros ever goes by western opinions anyway.

Edited by Bimbo

Its already explained why Chrom didn't make it in. He was strongly considered, but at the end of the day, it didn't happen. That is all

Side note: I was thinking, what if Robin's Pair-Up Final Smash isn't necessarily "Robin + Chrom", but "Robin + Random FE13 Character"? Obviously not EVERY FE13 would be in, but a small selection of characters for Robin's FS could be pretty interesting.

Perhaps, but wouldn't that just be extra work? I mean, there hasn't been a single character with an FS as randomized as that would be. Still, the idea sounds nice

Its already explained why Chrom didn't make it in. He was strongly considered, but at the end of the day, it didn't happen. That is all

Link.

I'd like to read upon that.

Side note: I was thinking, what if Robin's Pair-Up Final Smash isn't necessarily "Robin + Chrom", but "Robin + Random FE13 Character"? Obviously not EVERY FE13 would be in, but a small selection of characters for Robin's FS could be pretty interesting.

If this happens, Excellus needs to be one of the possible characters.

But us western folks like Chrom more. -.-

Not that Smash Bros ever goes by western opinions anyway.

This isn't exactly true.

Also Little Mac is an entirely western choice

It's more like Ike just isn't popular in Japan, and he's more popular in the west. That, as a statement doesn't mean anything for Ike.

A good way to explain this... If Ike was rated for his popularity in Japan out of ten, he'd probably get something around 5. If he were rated in the west, it would be over 5. And that doesn't equate to YOLO 10 XD.

If it matters, I like him because he has badass blue flames.