SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

With Metriod being one of the first series to be in Smash, it's only natural that it should get a new rep. So Ridley, WHERE YOU AT!?

Edited by Hero-King

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Metriod being one of the first series to be in Smash, it's only natural that it should get a new rep. So Ridley, WHERE YOU AT!?

At this point, I'd be happy if any one comes to be the 2nd Metroid rep. (Except Dark Samus because clones)

With F-Zero being one of the first series to be in Smash, it's only natural that it should get a new rep. So Black Shadow, WHERE YOU AT!?

She takes development time like every other character so why wouldn't she count?

Fun fact: Sakurai himself counts transformations.

I think he does to recognize the work of his development team. He has said it usually to correct others when they say how many characters are in the game, and they give a lower number. So he gives them a higher number

I don't count them as separate for the purpose of gameplay. Transformation character require the other characters to function. Pokemon Trainer especially, considering the stamina function forces you to switch out. If I wanted to play as just squirtle, I would probably lose. It even forces you to switch upon KO.

For Sheik and Zelda, it is one of their four special moves. Transformation itself is a move. Even if you weren't going to use it you playstyle, it would be the same as being Ness and not using PK Magnet. It would just a move you are not using.

ZSS you can make the biggest case for. But the Zero Laser is called the Zero Laser for a reason. If you play with Final Smashes, the Zero laser is usually a part of your gameplay. If you don't, you're stuck in one form (unless you use the trick). But the possibility for the Zero Laser being a part of your regular game make the two characters (ZSS and regular Samus) tied together. Because either way, the transformation is tied to your gameplay process. If you use the Zero Laser, your thought process is "I'm using this Zero Laser to rack up some KO's, but I have to be prepared to be ZSS afterward. If don't use it, your thought process is "I don't use the Zero laser because A) I don't want to be Zero Suit Samus or B) I don't want to change up my fighting style.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

ZSS you can make the biggest case for. But the Zero Laser is called the Zero Laser for a reason. If you play with Final Smashes, the Zero beams is usually a part of your gameplay. If you don't, you're stuck in one form. But the possibility for the Zero Laserbeing a part of your regular game make the two characters (ZSS and regular Samus) tied together. Because either way, the transformation is tied to your gameplay process. If you use the Zero Laser, your thought process is "I'm using this Zero Laser to rack up some KO's, but I have to be prepared to be ZSS afterward. If don't use it, your thought process is "I don't use the Zero laser because A) I don't want to be Zero Suit Samus or B) I don't want to change up my fighting style.

You can go to Zero Suit from normal Samus with a taunt button combination, and of course you can pick her from the character select screen too if you know the hidden button :P

Edited by Folgore Red II

You can go to Zero Suit from normal Samus with a taunt button combination, and of course you can pick her from the character select screen too if you know the hidden button :P

Oh yeah I forgot.

Oh yeah I forgot.

No biggie! I tend to forget it as well

Something interesting came from twitter, courtsey of one Mashiro Sakurai

http://operationrainfall.com/sakurai-tweets-xenoblade-press-start/

Could we be expecting Shulk to be confrimed next, prehaps?

Someone go ask Adam Howden on twitter if Nintendo called?

Ooooh, certainly interesting, Shulk is one of my big hopefuls

I don't think this means anything. Especially since it would make more sense to reveal Toon Link in September because TWW HD or Ike/Chrom because there's no FE rep yet (and Marth has always been a secret character). Or maybe Captain Falcon because he's not there yet either and he's been around since Melee.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think this means anything. Especially since it would make more sense to reveal Toon Link in September because TWW HD or Ike/Chrom because there's no FE rep yet (and Marth has always been a secret character). Or maybe Captain Falcon because he's not there yet either and he's been around since Smash 64.

Fixed

I don't think this means anything. Especially since it would make more sense to reveal Toon Link in September because TWW HD or Ike/Chrom because there's no FE rep yet (and Marth has always been a secret character). Or maybe Captain Falcon because he's not there yet either and he's been around since Melee.

I'm expecting a zelda reveal with Ww HD as well, also slight correction Falcon has been around since 64, was hidden in it and brawl yet was a starter in melee

I'm expecting a zelda reveal with Ww HD as well, also slight correction Falcon has been around since 64, was hidden in it and brawl yet was a starter in melee

Oh, oops. lol I never played the N64 game, so I didn't know. XD

Oh, oops. lol I never played the N64 game, so I didn't know. XD

Lol it's ok, for reference then the 64 cast was thus

Starters: Mario, Kirby, Dk, Pikachu, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Fox

Hidden: Luigi, Jigglypuff, Ness, C.Falcon

I don't think we will get a reveal for WW HD since I don't think we will get a Toon Link reveal before Ganondorf or Zelda. Any other reveal besides Toon Link to sync of with WW HD is just awkward. Especially since Ganon and Zelda will (probably but most definitely) appear in ALBW.

Ganondorf/Ganon shouldn't be in ALBW. I'm pretty sure he was killed in ALttP. Plus, direct sequels never have Ganondorf/Ganon. MM didn't, PH didn't. LA, which is also a sequel to ALttP, didn't.

Edited by Anacybele

Ganondorf/Ganon shouldn't be in ALBW. I'm pretty sure he was killed in ALttP. Plus, direct sequels never have Ganondorf/Ganon. MM didn't, PH didn't. LA, which is also a sequel to ALttP, didn't.

Ganon appears in both the linked game for the Oracle series, and in the original LoZ, which both take place after ALttP in the downfall timeline. So to make the timeline work, you just need to kill Ganon in the game prior to LoZ so he can be revived later. Which at this point looks like ALBW.

And all those direct sequels used the same Link. ALBW's Link is a new Link who is ALttP Link's descendent. So the situation might be quite different.

And the Oracle series also used the same Link from ALttP, and the linked games feature Ganon as a final boss.