SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I had a gut feeling we were having a veteran reveal today. Had no doubts about Meta Knight not returning, but it's nice to see it nonetheless

Also, the limited edition Smash 3DS has been shown:

Bu569TfIAAAR-5m.png

I kinda like it, myself

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh... I don'tlike the combination of Red and Grey, but that's just me. I guess I could sell one of my 3ds's and get an xl, or keep my money for a wii u... DANG IT NINTENDO. If there's a special wii u, I'd buy it in a heartbeat though.

I have an odd theory that may be nothing but I can't help but notice something.

Game & Watch and Metaknight have been in different subtle ways confirmed but not confirmed. (Although they are obvious returners)

An unknown entity Dark Pit crashed the end of Palutenas video. Which has led to no current confirmation (playable, assist, alt skin) which has led me to think they are secret unlockables

Yes I include Dark Pit on that spectrum especially with the advent of Lucina. I could be way off but I can't help but think I may be onto something.

Alternate...we hope.

We need room for the others.

Kid Icarus has finally arose from the dead.
av8725.jpg
About time! :D
*Giggle*

Yay. :3

m6tKbV.jpg

...And it looks like we are having his stage return again. XD

Oh, I noticed that Meta Knight's gloves are now gauntlets

edit: the English site has updated.

Here's his profile: Meta Knight

screen-4.jpg

YOU WILL KNOW HIS POWER!!!

I see that his Final Smash hasn't changed.

At least it's nice that the dark lord of Kirby makes his return. There's NO WAY that he's going anywhere.

-----

This probably will be our last reveal before the games release.

Edited by Bimbo

Alternate...we hope.

We need room for the others.

Yay. :3

m6tKbV.jpg

...And it looks like we are having his stage return again. XD

I see that his Final Smash hasn't changed.

At least it's nice that the dark lord of Kirby makes his return.

1. A clone will not and never has "stolen" the spot of another characters. Clone are and always have been, ever since the first game, been extra work the developers to once the main roster has already been finalized and close to completion.

2.We've already known Halberd would be returning for some time now.

3.How do you know his final smash is unchanged? That just looks like his unactivated final smash to me.

1. A clone will not and never has "stolen" the spot of another characters. Clone are and always have been, ever since the first game, been extra work the developers to once the main roster has already been finalized and close to completion.

2.We've already known Halberd would be returning for some time now.

3.How do you know his final smash is unchanged? That just looks like his unactivated final smash to me.

No surprise. It hardly took any work for him...it seems. They just used his old coding and gave him a real kick. We need a video direct of him to know any further details of him.

The same darkness shows before his final smash initiates. You're right. They could throw in a surprise for us.

I hope he does have a new final smash. His old one just wasn't very exciting and the set up required stopped it being that good.

Yeah.

x.x

It would be downright boring and uninteresting if all of the returning characters moves and animations are exactly the same as before.

Edited by Bimbo

Oh, this also leaves Wario, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers as the only unconfirmed Brawl starters now. The Ice Climbers were heavily implied sometime ago though, and Wario is most assuredly coming back, so Lucas is the only one that's entirely up in the air.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, this also leaves Wario, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers as the only unconfirmed Brawl starters now. The Ice Climbers were heavily implied sometime ago though, and Wario is most assuredly coming back, so Lucas is the only one that's entirely up in the air.

When were Ice Climbers heavily implied? Do you mean an enemy from their game appearing in Smash Run? I'd like to know since I've been slightly worried about their chances of coming back. I'm sure they will but I've been more concerned about them then the likes of Meta Knight or even Ness/Lucas. They have such a nice gimmick, it'd be a shame if it was removed completely. I know we have Rosalina and Luma but it's just not quite the same.

Oh, this also leaves Lucas and the Ice Climbers as the only unconfirmed Brawl starters now. The Ice Climbers were heavily implied sometime ago though, so Lucas is the only one that's entirely up in the air.

His chances are just as good as Ness' is.

Sakurai was going to put Lucas in instead of Ness in SSBM. It seems that time constraints was the reason. I dunno if they both will be in the game. Since no representation of Mother/Earthbound has been shown yet. -.-

A popular rumor states that in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Lucas was meant to replace Ness as a playable character, but Ness was included due to time constraints. The rumor was substantiated by Sakurai himself on July 17th, 2001 when he updated the original Melee site with Ness's profile.

When were Ice Climbers heavily implied? Do you mean an enemy from their game appearing in Smash Run? I'd like to know since I've been slightly worried about their chances of coming back. I'm sure they will but I've been more concerned about them then the likes of Meta Knight or even Ness/Lucas. They have such a nice gimmick, it'd be a shame if it was removed completely. I know we have Rosalina and Luma but it's just not quite the same.

All because that their development couldn't be done on these advanced consoles. Both NOA and NOJ are teaming up to develop this game...so they should be able to do it. I hope.

-----

EDIT:

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Lucas

Ha ha...

Ness is coming back. =DDD

Has been leaked. Wiki was impatient. Even though the page doesn't exist yet.

GoMHSd.jpg

WHOOOOOOO.

No surprise. Has been in every game thus far. Why would a Saturn be shown in one of the directs? Lucas, however, hasn't been added to the Wii-U/3DS rooster yet on wiki. Why is Mother being so hidden from us? Do they have something big planned? Only Jigglypuff left to go and we have our original 12 cast again. :D

Edited by Bimbo

Nice to have Meta Knight back. Hopefully he's not the God Tier Beast he was in Brawl.

Wait, what? Where was Ness leaked? I have no doubt he's returning, but Smash Wiki adding a placeholder SSB4 page for him does not count as a leak.

Nice to have Meta Knight back. Hopefully he's not the God Tier Beast he was in Brawl.

Wait, what? Where was Ness leaked? I have no doubt he's returning, but Smash Wiki adding a placeholder SSB4 page for him does not count as a leak.

Brawl's starting roster. Despite being unlocked in about five minutes of play, Ness was still a hidden character in Brawl. Another hidden character we haven't seen is Ganondorf.

Maybe not.

But...were going to ensure that we will have our original 12 cast again. But...already having 5 Pokemon reps will make it hard for Jigglypuff to fit in.

Brawl's starting roster. Despite being unlocked in about five minutes of play, Ness was still a hidden character in Brawl. Another hidden character we haven't seen is Ganondorf.

I was replying to Bimbo who claimed Ness has been leaked for SSB4. My fault for not quoting.

Waddle Dee dee-confirmed? It looks like there won't be a Kirby trailer. I mean, he could always be like Rosalina, but you never know.

Just like we haven't had a Pilotwings one either. Having both the Jetpack and the Light Plane stage is a clue that we could get a rep from Pilotwings. Hope it's Shirley, or Big Al.

V4Xk3e.jpg
Shirley
wAINVo.png[/url]
Big Al
Edited by Bimbo

I was replying to Bimbo who claimed Ness has been leaked for SSB4. My fault for not quoting.

Ah. She put that in as an edit after I looked at her initial comment. I didn't see the leak she was referring to until now.

Sweet, Meta Knight's back. Two things about the screenshots that interest me: why is Meta Knight giant in that one screenshot at the Punch-Out! arena? That's bigger than what a Mushroom would make him, because he looks like he's about the size of Giga Jigglypuff. And the second thing, we now know that pokemon of their respective types will appear in the Kalos Elite Four stage, because we can see Garchomp, Hydreigon, Axew, and Dragonite in the background (but still on the platform, just out of the fighters' ways) in the one picture with Meta Knight holding a Star Rod up to Palutena!Kirby's staff.

They are most likely fillers for their characteristics.

Sweet, Meta Knight's back. Two things about the screenshots that interest me: why is Meta Knight giant in that one screenshot at the Punch-Out! arena? That's bigger than what a Mushroom would make him, because he looks like he's about the size of Giga Jigglypuff. And the second thing, we now know that pokemon of their respective types will appear in the Kalos Elite Four stage, because we can see Garchomp, Hydreigon, Axew, and Dragonite in the background (but still on the platform, just out of the fighters' ways) in the one picture with Meta Knight holding a Star Rod up to Palutena!Kirby's staff.

Puff Up Meta Knight final smash confirmed.