SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I love the Plant Barrier's aesthetics, even if I've never played a Mega Man game.

I only worry that he could never be in Smash again, because someone like Sony could buy Capcom. However, if Sega Sammy assimilates Capcom into their Sega-Atlus mesh, then he'd totally return. Imagining a Sega-Capcom-Atlus sounds godly. Sega Fighting All-Stars (featuring Ryu, Mega Man, Sonic, Ulala, Yu, and Makoto) anyone?

Also, Mother def needs more stuff. Mother 3 is, like, top 5 and GOTY 2006 for me.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you just enjoy what we have now as apposed to worrying about the future?

Also we already had a Sega Crossover with Capcom and Namco (funny enough the three characters in Smash were not in Project X Zone)

Also found some nice art of our Fire Emblem Squad

Pretty neat. ^^

Though imo, Ike and Marth ought to be in the main focal rather than Robin and Lucina because I've a feeling Ike and Marth will be starters while Robin and Lucina are unlockables.

You know, if this is the case, Ike will be the only FE rep we've had so far that was never unlockable at some point in the series. Out of FIVE characters! :o

Oh on the subject of the Pic of the Day, I was right about the variations Sakurai spoke of being a very vague term. We won't see something like Palutena on all characters but expect to still see major differences between moves that accomplish the same effect. So hopefully Marth's counter alts will be defensive base moves and we can see the Shield of Seals in the same way Megaman's recovery are robot helper type moves.

Honestly it would have been cool to just see the shield on his character model.

It would have just made him look even more badass, (did I mention I love Marths smash 4 design? Lol)

Since we lack a new Earthbound/Mother stage what would people want to see? I kinda want to see a stage based on Twoson or Ness's nightmare (Magicant) where he had to face his own dark fears in order to reach maximum power.

Edited by JediSwordSaint

Honestly it would have been cool to just see the shield on his character model.

It would have just made him look even more badass, (did I mention I love Marths smash 4 design? Lol)

Since we lack a new Earthbound/Mother stage what would people want to see? I kinda want to see a stage based on Twoson or Ness's nightmare (Magicant) where he had to face his own dark fears in order to reach maximum power.

I'd really like to see a stage from the original Mother. It's kind of been shafted representation wise similar to the early Fire Emblem games. Maybe Podunk as a replacement for Onett. The Mother Ship could be a cool stage if it was made really weird and alien. Or the original Magicant. I'm hoping for two stages though so I'd like to see something else from Mother 3, primarily Oshoe Castle. It could have a nice simple set up that actually use ladders in a stage that's not 72m. A lot also happens there in the game so you could have back ground events or hazards like tanks invading the castle, ghosts occasionally appearing, the first needle being pulled, the sea monster rearing its head. Really has a location it has a lot going for it.

I really need to play the original. I played and loved Earthbound and Mother 3 but haven't gone back to play Nintens story.

Oshoe castle would be cool, maybe a Duster cameo too

I personally loved the first game but I imagine if you played Earthbound first it wouldn't seem that great. The two are so similar that by the time I played Earthbound it felt surprisingly unoriginal and tedious even though it is objectively a better game. I imagine going back and playing Mother after Earthbound would have the same affect except worse since it naturally isn't going to have as much content.

Yes the encounter rate is extremely high and the endgame is admittedly (as in the developers themselves admitted) broken and unbalanced. Cheap strategies are the only way to go. Always remember, the turbo button is your friend.

I had just finished training Lloyd in Magicant and then went back to the train station. Of course, I went to Snowman, and then got Ana....

who was level one

r.i.p. in piece

Ha. I got lost and ended up recruiting Ana before Lloyd.

You've played the first game completely?! You're a living veteran among us.

Been playing games for nearly two decades. But I wouldn't say I'm a veteran. Maybe of certain genres and series but I dno bout veteran lol

Back on topic, I think Onett will return, likely as a 3DS stage. It seems pretty hard to pass up, being definitely better loved than New Pork City in Smash Bros. NPC is just too big, but Onett is a really good size.

I still think Twoson would be great, home of Paula and near enough to the cult of blue, also home of the inventors Apple and Orange Kid

Mother 1 is a grind fest >_>.

Pretty much.

As the endgame was severly unbalanced. You could get stoned 4 times easily and get a game over from the Titanians. The Jane's/Juanas attacks were doing way too much damage that without PSI block, you'll get seriously hurt. The Last Starmen could annilate you instantly with PK Beams that without a Franklin Badge, you'll likely have a gameover. Plus, you burn up too much of your PSI Stones by battling there for too long as EVE was your only hope of getting through until it got destroyed. Lloyd could get bombs that instantly annialate enemies(Super Bomb), but they're very rare.

Yes the encounter rate is extremely high and the endgame is admittedly (as in the developers themselves admitted) broken and unbalanced. Cheap strategies are the only way to go. Always remember, the turbo button is your friend.

The developers didn't have time to balance the difficulty due to time constraints.

Endgame.

Ha. I got lost and ended up recruiting Ana before Lloyd.

How is that possible...?!
The rocks block the way to where you have to go to recruit her and Lloyd is the only one who can remove the roadblocks.
Edited by Bimbo

This is nice and all, but I'm personally kind of tired of hearing about the 3DS version and Smash Run. Where are the Wii U version exclusive modes and features? People won't have much interest in it if it keeps looking inferior feature-wise.

Pretty much.

As the endgame was severly unbalanced. You could get stoned 4 times easily and get a game over from the Titanians. The Jane's/Juanas attacks were doing way too much damage that without PSI block, you'll get seriously hurt. The Last Starmen could annilate you instantly with PK Beams that without a Franklin Badge, you'll likely have a gameover. Plus, you burn up too much of your PSI Stones by battling there for too long as EVE was your only hope of getting through until it got destroyed. Lloyd could get bombs that instantly annialate enemies(Super Bomb), but they're very rare.

The developers didn't have time to balance the difficulty due to time constraints.

Endgame.

How is that possible...?!
The rocks block the way to where you have to go to recruit her and Lloyd is the only one who can remove the roadblocks.

The cheapest strategy of all though is the high level PK Freeze which puts an enemy at critical health no matter how much they had. Lylod clears away the to the northern part of the map while Ana is found in the south eastern part.

This is nice and all, but I'm personally kind of tired of hearing about the 3DS version and Smash Run. Where are the Wii U version exclusive modes and features? People won't have much interest in it if it keeps looking inferior feature-wise.

Well if you think about it logically, they need to get all the 3DS stuff out there before the version is launched. Once the 3DS is released we won't see anything but Wii U content for however many months it'll be before that's out. They need to hold some of it in reserve.