SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Meta Knight's challenger approaching banner on the main site is now gone. Doesn't that normally mean at least one character is going to be revealed shortly?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope so! If Lucas isn't revealed before the game is released, he's definitely cut.

I don't think they'd ever make a starter character once turn into an unlockable (or DLC). I really hope someone is revealed soon. All this waiting is making me anxious. Though it has been only a week, it could still happen.

Rosalina and Zelda revealed was only an 8 day difference (short enough to call week, since some were revealed within month spans).

Go play Zelda again. And i mean all of them. Impa has been a relative constant in the series since the beginning. Shes always been a side character, but ever since OoT, shes been more and more important. Impa has only NOT appeared in like, two games not named Majora's Mask. (Those being Wind Waker, and TP) When Skyward Sword put Impa in the forefront as a character (and basically Zelda's answer to a sidekick), that opened up a whole world of character possibilities. Putting her in Hyrule Warriors means a lot of things. (namely that she is going to be reoccurring in some way)

Im not saying Impa is a shoe-in for Smash, im just saying as one of those OG Zelda fans: Stop talking like you know what you are talking about.

/frowns

Technically you could debate as to whether or not she "appeared in" Zelda 1, 2, or ALttP since she only showed up in the manual for those games.

Also, she didn't appear in Link's Awakening FYI.

Actually, Captain Falcon has been both a starter and an unlockable. He's the only one so far, but I can see Lucas getting the same treatment.

And yay music! Ghirahim's theme too. :D Glad to see Sakurai likes Ghirahim. ^^

I recall Ness being unlockable in both Melee and Brawl. :/

Was he a starter in 64?

Nope. Had to do Classic on Normal or higher without using continues to get him (IIRC). Ness was a starter in Melee though.

And ninja'd.

Edited by Konnor97

There's the MGS4 composer in the game, although I hardly think that's certainty he's in, gives Metal Gear fans some hope.

Impa could be cool to play as.if done correctly. Although part of me has this sinking feeling Toon Zelda comes from behind and swoops the mantel from under her feet.

I never really thought about it until this leak, but now I'm fairly in the certain that Dr. Mario is coming back. I feel like Sakurai had Mario's alt as Dr. Mario, Marth's alt as Lucina, and who knows maybe even Pit's alt as Dark Pit, and near the end he just said whatever and gave the three their own slots. And that could be why Mario has this obscure costume instead of the obvious Doctor Mario.

I'm fine with Dr. Mario and Dark Pit as their own characters. Like Lucina, they don't steal anyone's spot from the roster and they can be made different enough to be interesting (Dr. Mario would likely have the pills and no FLUDD, and Dark Pit would need a different Final Smash because the Sacred Treasures would make little sense on him).

I think they do steal roster spots. I don't think it makes sense for Dr. Mario to come back and not Mewtwo or Roy who aren't just different versions of another character.

And Dark Pit as his own character overrepresents Kid Icarus when other franchises like Donkey Kong are more deserving of a newcomer.

Shes always been a side character, but ever since OoT, shes been more and more important. Impa has only NOT appeared in like, two games not named Majora's Mask.

What? Really, what? She wasn't in a Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, and was absent from the series from the Oracle Games to Skyward Sword except for a cameo in Wind Waker, meaning she didn't appear in person for a decade. She missed Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks entirely. That's 9 games she hasn't been in.

Edited by Shotguner159

I think they do steal roster spots. I don't think it makes sense for Dr. Mario to come back and not Mewtwo or Roy who aren't just different versions of another character.

And Dark Pit as his own character overrepresents Kid Icarus when other franchises like Donkey Kong are more deserving of a newcomer.

Bear in mind that if the leak is legit, then the roster is not complete as it's shown on the screens because the leaker stated there are characters left to unlock. Mewtwo, Dixie Kong and even Impa could still be in.

I really don't want Dr. Mario as a standalone character myself. He doesn't deserve being more than a costume. But if we compare him to Mewtwo, then no, he doesn't take away a roster spot. He is still a clone. The amount of work required to have him in the game is nearly nothing. Only creating the model. Mewtwo on the other hand would need them to programm his entire moveset again.

Btw: Is there an official explanation why Mewtwo was cut at all?

Dark Pit would need a different Final Smash because the Sacred Treasures would make little sense on him.

Wolf's Landmaster would like a word with you.

Also, with the "second list" (which, if I recall, was Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Impa, Mach Rider, and the Chorus Kids), this new leak is looking WAY too good to be true. Even with the loss of Wolf, Snake, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers.

Also, the Chorus Men/Kids seem to come up a lot. From what I heard, they're not even considered the most iconic characters in their series. Why do so many leaks have them? Is the Ghost of Gematsu haunting the internet or something? I'd blame Shulk on Gematsu's ghost, too (since I think he's going to be just an assist trophy or something), except he's unquestionably the main character of his game.

As for the music thing:

Yoko Shimomura and Motoi Sakuraba.

Fuck. Yes. Literally my two favorite video game composers.

I think Gematsu had an influence on the other "leaks" because Chorus Kids aren't really a normal request, and now you're seeing them in all these leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if Duck Hunt Dog and Dr. Mario start making rounds too.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/lucina.html

Sorry for being an ass again...

It's still no excuse for Sakurai to put in Lucina over him. Just how is it that she is unique over him? Havng a clone in is intolerable. Chrom gets a game over when defeated, Lucina doesn't. Chrom is around since the beginning of the game, Lucina wasn't. Chrom's new actions was how Lucina was alive and kicking. The only thing about Lucina is...that she saved Chrom during the assault in Ch6's end. ...And Sakurai could have had him use Lances instead of swords. Because we would just have another plain blue haired sword user. That is still no excuse. >.< Could have had him use Lances like he could in his Great Lord class. D: Either this...or they could have put in Ephraim. Still going to be irritable to no end having her in...but can at least knock the tar out of her. Robin is approved, because he/she fills the story as well as Chrom and that a game over is received if he/she is defeated. I just want to see some handsome heros in this game. >.<

Please put Chrom in SSB5, Sakurai. Please.

Edited by Bimbo

Oh hey, the forum is back. I, for one, enjoy the stupid thread titles .3.

EDIT: I take it back. Now I've got that damn song stuck in my head. Dx

Also BTW I totally called Ghirahim being an AT.

Music updates from today are a nice touch. It's nice to know we can basically do whatever we want for Smash Run, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a TINY bit sad that it didn't have its own special theme like City Trial did in KAR-- maybe it's just me, but the old City Trial theme never got old for me. Still, I suppose this is the better solution.

By the way, have you guys checked the list of composers on the SSB website's new music page? There are some pretty big names in there-- I was particularly excited to see Kumi Tanioka in there; one of my favorite things about FFCC was its music. This seems pretty promising, heh.

EDIT: Old. ^ But still.

Well, I don't have anything else interesting to say .3. Hope we still get that August NDD like it was said/rumored (don't recall which) before launch.

Edited by BANRYU

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/lucina.html

Sorry for being an ass again...

It's still no excuse for Sakurai to put in Lucina over him. Just how is it that she is unique over him? Havng a clone in is intolerable. Chrom gets a game over when defeated, Lucina doesn't. Chrom is around since the beginning of the game, Lucina wasn't. Chrom's new actions was how Lucina was alive and kicking. The only thing about Lucina is...that she saved Chrom during the assault in Ch6's end. ...And Sakurai could have had him use Lances instead of swords. Because we would just have another plain blue haired sword user. That is still no excuse. >.< Could have had him use Lances like he could in his Great Lord class. D: Either this...or they could have put in Ephraim. Still going to be irritable to no end having her in...but can at least knock the tar out of her. Robin is approved, because he/she fills the story as well as Chrom and that a game over is received if he/she is defeated.

Please put Chrom in SSB5, Sakurai. Please.

Really she doesn't have that much over Chrom at all, but there are two things that gave her leeway over him.

1. She's female, so Sakurai got a chance to break the blue haired males stereotype twice.

2. She's easier to make than Chrom. Sakurai could very well make the excuse of her being similar to Marth being that "she's a Marth imitator" and that Chrom would have to be play different.

Of course he has lances and that could give a different playstyle for FE characters, but I think it's evident that Robin was the real FE rep and Lucina was just kind of an afterthought. He probably came up to the finished costume model (and Dark Pit and Doctor Mario's, if my theory there is correct) and was like hey lets give the fans a little treat and make her standalone.

Edited by Alertcircuit