SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that the music that plays in Magmoor Caverns would be more appropriate for the new Metroid stage than Phenandra Drifts.

That one's really great too. It's also the Norfair Depths/Ridley's Lair theme. Edited by Knight

SAKURAI YOU DESTROYED MY RELEASE DATE THEORY..

Ahem, Peach has been confirmed. I guess her dress didn't give Sakurai trouble this time.

HwUY8HG.jpg

main.png

Rest of her new pics are here http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

She has some new moves

screen-3.jpg

screen-5.jpg

Toad is still in her moveset, this does not bode well for Toad supporters

screen-7.jpg

And with this All 4 Mario Characters from Brawl have already been confirmed.

Edited by Folgore Red II

Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released.

So Peach's moveset may or may not be finalized...

Edit: Was kinda hoping we'd get a new character. Or at least a different Veteran....

Edit 2: Elecrtic Boogaloo: Here are the dates on which characters have been revealed:

12 July(Olimar)

7 Aug(Luigi)

12 Sept(Peach)

Edited by shinpichu

Sakurai usually counts Yoshi as a separate series.

Ah...! Okay!

Okay, now what I really want to see is Peach's color palette, because I REALLY, REALLY hope she gets a Rosalina one. The closest I'll get to having Rosalina in SSB. [/sniffles]

SAKURAI YOU DESTROYED MY RELEASE DATE THEORY..

Ahem, Peach has been confirmed. I guess her dress didn't give Sakurai trouble this time.

HwUY8HG.jpg

main.png

Rest of her new pics are here http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

She has some new moves

screen-3.jpg

screen-5.jpg

Toad is still in her moveset, this does not bode well for Toad supporters

screen-7.jpg

And with this All 4 Mario Characters from Brawl have already been confirmed.

Those aren't new moves. It's a new animation for her Crown Slash (Forward Aerial in Melee/Brawl) and the second pic is an Up Smash that seems to have been buffed/has a new animation.

Also, damn she looks great in HD

Edited by PKL

I love the move improvements. As a Toad Supporter, I am disheartened but not surprised. With the Toad deconfirmation again, I have no desire to see any other new mario reps.

But Peach being revealed is great! And yeah, the release date timeline of reveals doesnt seem to be Sakurai's jam.

Those aren't new moves. It's a new animation for her Crown Slash (Forward Aerial in Melee/Brawl) and the second pic is an Up Smash that seems to have been buffed/has a new animation.

Hmmk, they just looked newer to me -shrugs- my bad.

Ugh, PEACH? Why couldn't she be saved for a more reasonable month? I wanted Toon Link because TWW HD! I want the cutie Link back. :(

And we don't have any other Zelda characters confirmed except for Link!

Edited by Anacybele

Am also a Toad supporter, and yeah, this really doesn't bode well for Toad. In fact, I'm assuming he's deconfirmed right now. Which is a shame, cause I was really looking forward to Toad's playable role. Guess some things never change...

Peach looks really great though! I just didn't expect her yet. Sure thing, she makes sence to be revealed soon. But I'd rather see Diddy, another Pokémon, Zelda or MetaKnight / King Dedede or heck, even Yoshi or Wario first. Guess the last two characters still count as Mario characters though. But still. Having 4 Mario characters revealed so soon does give me a littleee hope for Paper Mario. But am not holding my breath.

Anyway, cool we finally see another veteran yet again.

Looks like Sakurai wants to play up Mario as much as physically possible just as much as Nintendo has these past few years [either that or he is contractually obligated to do so]

Regardless i'm glad to see Peach back [i knew she would be but yea] her dress didn't cause rendering issues or anything and she is generally fun to play as.

Toon Link's fate just became a bit more interesting considering my release date theory had him or at least a Zelda reveal be next but this shattered it. It worked for Olimar and Luigi not so much now

Toon Link ehh..? Am not too confident about him. Not only cause of that Spirit Tracks stage. But also cause he'd probably be unlockable yet again. I'd like him to return, sure. But am not really expecting it.

As for any other Zelda characters, Zelda could be revealed after Peach I think. Wouldn't count on Sheik though. Not only cause of the chance of her being replaced for a separate Impa, but also cause Sheik was revealed really late in Brawl. And IF Sheik is in, they'd also have revealed all starter Zelda characters. As Ganondorf would most likely be unlockable yet again. And Impa would still count as a newcomer, and she wouldn't be revealed before Zelda.

If Toon Link isn't in, Japan is gonna make Sakurai heads roll lol.

It was their most wanted newcomer for Brawl and they're really worried about him not being in Smash 4.

I think he has a good chance of being in. I mean, he's been in more zeldas than the default Link for Hylia's sake. And he's definetely still relevant. Spirit Tracks stage doesn't matter because that's not the same Link (looks similar but not the same Link). It's like saying Donkey Kong wouldnt be in smash 4 if he 75M had an early picture revealed.

Ugh, PEACH? Why couldn't she be saved for a more reasonable month? I wanted Toon Link because TWW HD! I want the cutie Link back. :(

And we don't have any other Zelda characters confirmed except for Link!

... That's a little, harsh...

... That's a little, harsh...

...What is? All I said was that I thought a Zelda character should've been revealed instead. It isn't like I was dissing Peach or anything (as much as I dislike her).

...What is? All I said was that I thought a Zelda character should've been revealed instead. It isn't like I was dissing Peach or anything (as much as I dislike her).

Oh, no, am I seriously the only person who likes Peach? Damn. I feel so alone.

Peach is one of the characters I play when I really want to win. She's fantastic. Maybe she's not the character I expected to be revealed this month, but I'm glad they chose another female to show off. Doesn't look like her movepool has really changed at all aside from a few pieces of flair.

Oh, no, am I seriously the only person who likes Peach? Damn. I feel so alone.

Actually, she's pretty popular from what I've seen. Daisy is the hated princess, unfortunately. :( I love Daisy.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, she's pretty popular from what I've seen. Daisy is the hated princess, unfortunately. :( I love Daisy.

I must be running into different people than you are! Because I always got the impression Daisy was the well-loved princess (save her voice) and Peach wasn't.

I would definitely like to know what's the basis for you guys thinking ANY of the Mario princesses is in any way "hated".

At least, the people I've talked to are really not fond of damsels-in-distress, and Peach is practically the Trope Codifier for this. I've also heard that she's boring, she has very little personality other than being a perfect pretty princess and baking cakes, and that she's an airhead who can't fight for herself and has to rely on Mario to get her out of any situation she falls helpless in.

Quoting exactly what I've heard.

At least, the people I've talked to are really not fond of damsels-in-distress, and Peach is practically the Trope Codifier for this. I've also heard that she's boring, she has very little personality other than being a perfect pretty princess and baking cakes, and that she's an airhead who can't fight for herself and has to rely on Mario to get her out of any situation she falls helpless in.

Quoting exactly what I've heard.

Well yeah, those are valid reasons not to like her, but they come from a more vocal minority. There definitely isn't a general hate for Peach or Daisy (or Rosalina for that matter)