SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, August 25, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, August 25, 2014 - No reason given

Edit: Whoops I'm sorry my finger slipped. Please delete this.

Edited by WaluigiWeegee
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Double posting is a no no.

2. Miis just wouldn't be the same. Yeah, I did make character Miis to use when the game is out, but it still wouldn't be the same as the actual characters themselves being playable.

Frankly you can make use Miis of everyone. This makes the sting of rejection for some characters easier to handle.

Even though you cannot use them against strangers online.

His alternates are retro though. The seven Koopalings have been around since the SNES days. They were in SMB3 and SMW. That might be a reason Bowser Jr. is in. He's the leader of the Koopalings and gets the bigger role out of all of them these days, so yeah.

When people think of a "retro" character they want someone like Takamaru who hasn't really been seen since those days, not someone who continues to get used. He's not going to be a considered a retro rep (him or the koopalings).

The ICs are gone probably because of the issues with getting them to work right. Lucas and Wolf though, I am confused about. They didn't need to go. Especially since Sakurai had apparently wanted Wolf to be in Smash since the beginning. Why get rid of him so fast?

No excuse. From what I read about the 3DS' hardware, while there might have been some problems, the Ice Climbers should have been able to work if Rosalina & Luma can work. Sakurai also said the 3DS version would not limit the Wii U version, and if ICs are cut for not working on the 3DS (and also don't appear on Wii U), that basically makes him a liar.

I also think Wolf being planned for Smash 64 is a false rumor, though. I've only ever heard Mewtwo, Dedede, and Bowser were planned for 64 from reliable sources.

1. Double posting is a no no.

2. Miis just wouldn't be the same. Yeah, I did make character Miis to use when the game is out, but it still wouldn't be the same as the actual characters themselves being playable.

I know. My finger just accidently slipped sorry :facepalm:

True, it could be worse, but yeah it isn't the same.

I was speaking of how they both can't fight on their own, nothing else. I don't want to start a fight.

well i was just calling you out for saying that they were a bad character. They can actually fight on their own too. Nana, when desyched by Popo, references the level 1 CPU AI, so she can sometimes do weird stuff. There's also been a way to change the AI level she references (melee only), which was recently discovered. Oh, and Solo Popo isn't that bad of a character, just so you know. i know this since they're the pichu slayers Edited by Comet

So does Pit still count as a retro character anymore?

He did for Brawl. It's a little sketchy now.

The distinction is made because otherwise you can consider Mario, Donkey Kong, and much of the roster retro, but people wanting retro characters want to see old characters come back.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

When people think of a "retro" character they want someone like Takamaru who hasn't really been seen since those days, not someone who continues to get used. He's not going to be a considered a retro rep (him or the koopalings).

Okay, fair enough.

No excuse. From what I read about the 3DS' hardware, while there might have been some problems, the Ice Climbers should have been able to work if Rosalina & Luma can work. Sakurai also said the 3DS version would not limit the Wii U version, and if ICs are cut for not working on the 3DS (and also don't appear on Wii U), that basically makes him a liar.

I also think Wolf being planned for Smash 64 is a false rumor, though. I've only ever heard Mewtwo, Dedede, and Bowser were planned for 64 from reliable sources.

Didn't someone say earlier that Rosalina and Olimar are a little different from the ICs? You're right though, cutting the ICs from both versions because of 3DS problems WOULD make Sakurai a liar and he's not like that.

Edited by Anacybele

Didn't someone say earlier that Rosalina and Olimar are a little different from the ICs? You're right though, cutting the ICs from both versions because of 3DS problems WOULD make Sakurai a liar and he's not like that.

Olimar is simpler since the Pikmin are very specific in what they do, but Luma is more complex than Nana because I'm pretty sure it's actually got a completely new moveset and can be controlled remotely as opposed to just following the leader like Nana.

Desynching is when you can control both ICs separately due to end lag of moves (which makes them really cool and really unique), Nana is control by AI when she gets hit too far from Popo. But yeah I would not be happy if ICs are gone because they were such a unique character and play style.

I've recently started learning ICs in melee they are quite fun.

Sakurai had mentioned that he had trouble getting them to work on the 3DS due to issues with the CPU. Looks like he didn't get the issue fixed. A shame, they will be missed....

I would say that they could be Wii-U exclusive, but Sakurai already stated in the April direct that all characters will be in both versions.

Only concern.

Edited by Bimbo

Remember the rumor that Lucina was upgraded to full playable character at the last minute to replace someone who had to be cut from the roster? I'm really starting to believe that was the Ice Climbers (and that the same is true about Dark Pit and Dr. Mario). I think that Sakurai couldn't get the ICs to work and added those three (and any not-shown newcomers who are also clones) as an attempt to make up for it.

Remember the rumor that Lucina was upgraded to full playable character at the last minute to replace someone who had to be cut from the roster?

That was not a rumour and you are remembering it wrong. Sakurai did upgrade Lucina from costume to full character, but it wasn't as a replacement. That was a misinterpretation of what he said.

Remember the rumor that Lucina was upgraded to full playable character at the last minute to replace someone who had to be cut from the roster? I'm really starting to believe that was the Ice Climbers (and that the same is true about Dark Pit and Dr. Mario). I think that Sakurai couldn't get the ICs to work and added those three (and any not-shown newcomers who are also clones) as an attempt to make up for it.

Even if they can't make it to the game, could at least show off their trophy, or something. .___.

Olimar is simpler since the Pikmin are very specific in what they do, but Luma is more complex than Nana because I'm pretty sure it's actually got a completely new moveset and can be controlled remotely as opposed to just following the leader like Nana.

This is what I got from the GAF forums.

The 3DS has a pretty shitty processor in it. Since Sakurai is hellbent on maintaining 60 fps in the 3DS version, having the potential of eight characters on screen at once is going to wreak havoc on the framerate, unless they applied a frame limiter on their animations and capped them at 30 fps, like the Pokemon and the Assist Trophies, which would look dreadful next to the playable characters that are still running at 60 fps.

Also, Luma's AI is way simpler as well. Nana is completely independent of Popo when separated from him while Luma, when separated from Rosalina, does what the player inputs and often times can be seen just trying to "float" back to Rosalina much like Olimar's Pikmin. Nana actually navigates stages on her own when she's separated from Popo. I don't know how complex her AI is but while on the surface it looks simple enough underneath it's probably actually really deep and complex.

Couple that with having to do that for a max of 4 Ice Climbers... and yeah, I can see why ICs would be left in the dust.

This is what I got from the GAF forums.

The 3DS has a pretty shitty processor in it. Since Sakurai is hellbent on maintaining 60 fps in the 3DS version, having the potential of eight characters on screen at once is going to wreak havoc on the framerate, unless they applied a frame limiter on their animations and capped them at 30 fps, like the Pokemon and the Assist Trophies, which would look dreadful next to the playable characters that are still running at 60 fps.

That would often cause online connectivity problems as well.

2iggewz.jpg

Ganonridley confirmed.

Is that a screen from Hyrule Warriors? That DOES look a lot like Ridley. You could also call that Dragonlord Ganny lol. He's making like an FE wyvern rider. XD