SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Marth alt was Roy... I thought it was Eliwood at first too, but then I noticed the white on the boots. Eliwood has gold trim on his.

I thought he had both a Roy and an Eliwood (6&8)

http://i.imgur.com/CnAXPC6.jpg

I thought he had both a Roy and an Eliwood (6&8)

http://i.imgur.com/CnAXPC6.jpg

Eliwood doesn't have brown boots or white trim on his tunic.

Look VERY closely at the buttons. One has them sticking in 4 directions, while the other is a circle.

I...still don't see it. I don't know what you mean by "sticking in four directions" either.

Forgive me for being a little insensitive...

...I still don't see the big deal here.

What if it's a misprint?

What if it's just a slight change in costume?

Either way it's a costume.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Forgive me for being a little insensitive...

...I still don't see the big deal here.

What if it's a misprint?

What if it's just a slight change in costume?

Either way it's a costume.

It's not a costume if it looks EXACTLY the same as the original. That's just lame. Not to mention lazy when they did so many other cool color alts for characters.

I'm probably wrong and just seeing things. I hope Wegee really doesn't have the exact same outfit twice. Also that's Eliwood outfit. Remember, he had the purple cape.

Er, Eliwood's cape is blue on the outside, red on the inside.

...I still don't get it.

They're alts. It's nice having them.

But why are you so invested in Luigi's lack of an 8th costume, if it is even an actual lack of it?

You probably wouldn't care if someone else got the same treatment.

Edited by shadowofchaos

...I still don't get it.

They're alts. It's nice having them.

But why are you so invested in it?

IT'S THE SAME FUCKING ALT TWICE. Which is just dumb. What MORE do you need to know?

Redundancy.

And?

At the end of the day, all of us are just going to have to deal with it.

It's not worth being that particularly invested in an aspect of a character.

Until Brawl got hacked for custom textures, did we really care about the palettes a little bit after we got our hands on the game?

Edited by shadowofchaos

And?

At the end of the day, all of us are just going to have to deal with it.

It's not worth being that particularly invested in an aspect of a character.

Until Brawl got hacked, did we really care about the palettes a little bit after we got our hands on the game?

I know. But it wouldn't hurt to have another color. It's like getting two copies of the same game.

Luigi's one of her mains so that's why she's so upset.

It's not like it affects gameplay.

It's a visual extra.

I know. But it wouldn't hurt to have another color. It's like getting two copies of the same game.

You're using that statement on the wrong person.

W22O5wC.png9b7Z41x.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Luigi was my childhood favorite Nintendo character and he still is my favorite (with Ike VERY close behind). I grew UP with Luigi and he's the reason I played video games at all. To see him repeatedly get shafted lately, especially like THIS, it just makes me so mad. I wouldn't be so upset if there wasn't a history of Luigi getting the short end of the stick in games he appears in. He's still without a clone in Mario Kart while Mario and Peach have two and Bowser has one, Smash Bros. has been using him as a punching bag lately, and now this. I've seen minor shafting even before this too, but I shrugged it off because they were minor instances. But now it's getting worse.

Was the Year of Luigi just a big "shut up, Luigi fans!"?

Edited by Anacybele

The Lucina costumes are marvelous, and I love the Roy coloring for Marth. It's a nice gesture to the people who still like Roy.

As for my main man Ike, I love the Greil costume. So perfect. The Black Knight costume really doesn't seem to look much much like the BK to me, though. Maybe it will be better in motion, since the colors are all definitely right. And I cannot fathom why they STILL haven't made his Lord coloring his blue recolor. All they have to do is make his cape/shoulder pad blue, his shirt olive green, and his pants their normal color. He even has armor very similar to his Lord outfit, so it seems weird that they wouldn't use it. Instead he's wearing blue and white with black armor. I guess maybe it's a Sigurd reference? Actually, it's not a bad Sigurd coloring.

Probably Sigurd, yes. But I'm not surprised Lord never showed up. This is RD Ike now, after all, not PoR Ike anymore. Now Vanguard Ike, as I said before, is the one I'm surprised not to see. But maybe it's unlockable or DLC. I hope it is, anyway.

But at least I got RD Ike at all. And his badass blue flames.

Edited by Anacybele

The Lucina costumes are marvelous, and I love the Roy coloring for Marth. It's a nice gesture to the people who still like Roy.

Actually, it's not a bad Sigurd coloring.

If we can't get em, we might as well have someone who looks like em! Very nice alts overall. I think them making Alph is super cool for Pikmin fans, nice to throw them a bone.

I don't like Marth's "Roy" costume...

I wouldn't have minded that much if they made his hair red. They took the time to give Lucy (and Peach, etc.) different hair colors when making her resemble others, why can't Marth get red hair? That's dumb.

Same can be said for Leif!Marth and brown.

Also, Marth8 is Ranger!Ike.