SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he is.

Greil himself is pretty insignificant. More insignificant than Ike's Vanguard outfit. Black Knight though, he was pretty important, so I don't mind that being a palette swap. I just wish it didn't look so awful on Ike. The colors just...don't work on him.

Also, what Red Fox said.

Edited by Anacybele

I meant to say "lack of hair changes".

It's an insignificant detail.

You have callbacks to your favorite characters relevant to the smash character's game.

Do the details really matter THAT much?

Lucina and Robin get special treatment because they're getting hype. It's NATURAL for that to happen.

Nitpicking that Ike doesn't have Greil's hair like Ana is doing and comparing it to how Lucina does for her palettes WHICH ARE SUPER POPULAR FREAKING WAIFUS is quite the impractical expectation.

And not everyone gets the same level of treatment. You know that.

Expecting Ike gets SUPER INSIGNIFICANT details that not many people would know of is out there.

You should be happy he has the palette. Who cares about his hair?

And it would take so much more effort to change the hair color? The Roy recolor just feels off with Blue hair. I'm still happy with MOST of the alts, just Lucina's alts (of pretty minor characters BTW) getting hair color changes while Marth's alt of a character who was once on the roster not getting the same treatment just feels off to me.

Edited by Shulk

I'm happy with most of the alts too. It's just that the only ones I'm generally NOT happy with just happen to be my two mains. I also find Lucario and Sonic to have some pretty boring colors. But that's four characters out of what will probably be at least 50 total, including the unlockable ones.

You have callbacks to your favorite characters relevant to the smash character's game.

It's not insignificant, and yes, they will matter to people who care. When a detail as small and unnoticeable as the mark of Naga is in Lucina's eye, other details being skimped out on becomes much more noticeable.

Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it won't matter to someone, or that it's reasonable to be ignored when more effort was clearly put into other areas of the game.

Expecting Ike gets SUPER INSIGNIFICANT details that not many people would know of is out there.

Not many people knowing about it should not be relevant. There should not be some hierarchy of "character importance" on the roster. If a character has their spot on the roster, they should be treated equally, whether they be Mario or Palutena or Sheik or Ike, because every character has their fans and Smash Bros. is a series about fanservice.

What I don't get is that why people take every chance to complain about things such as hair color changes to their favorite characters/mains.

So what if Lucina has hair color changes? She and Robin are getting THE MOST attention in the FE fandom because they are the most recent.
It does not have to be "fair".

And you guys aren't going to care about that 6 months from now.

I see a decent amount of actual discussion about costumes, but I also see a lot of posts that are simply bellyaching that *specific detail here* wasn't included in *costume of character here*

"it's not fair." yeah, i had this down when i was 4 and dropped my ice cream cone. we all know that not everything is fair, but isn't fairness ideal?

It's not insignificant, and yes, they will matter to people who care. When a detail as small and unnoticeable as the mark of Naga is in Lucina's eye, other details being skimped out on becomes much more noticeable.

Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it won't matter to someone, or that it's reasonable to be ignored when more effort was clearly put into other areas of the game.

Not many people knowing about it should not be relevant. There should not be some hierarchy of "character importance" on the roster. If a character has their spot on the roster, they should be treated equally, whether they be Mario or Palutena or Sheik or Ike, because every character has their fans and Smash Bros. is a series about fanservice.

You deserve a plate of chocolate chip cookies for this post, Red Fox. I agree with it 1000%.

I'm happy with most of the alts too. It's just that the only ones I'm generally NOT happy with just happen to be my two mains. I also find Lucario and Sonic to have some pretty boring colors. But that's four characters out of what will probably be at least 50 total, including the unlockable ones.

Welcome to the club. Luigi, I agree is a problem as two of his costumes look EXACTLY the same.

Ike on the other hand, at least he GOT 8 different palette swaps. Just like Peach. Just like Zelda. Just like Marth. Just like Mega Man. Just like Meta Knight, and also like Dedede. Just like Samus. Just like ALL the other characters who aren't Mario, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, WFT, Lucina, Robin, and Villager.

Very little characters got ALT costumes (and out of those, not everyone was pleased), so I think we shouldn't complain about Ike. Luigi though... maybe something went wrong?

Ana wasn't the only one I was nitpicking.

and i didn't specify anyone in particular either

Just because someone like Lucina and Robin are so NEW and HYPE doesn't mean they would deserve special treatment as you say they do. Kinda sucks that if Marth and Ike do have alts that are supposed to refer or shout out other characters with different hair color but still keep their blue hair while Lucina and Robin get appropriate hair color to match.

Just because Lucina has the glorious waifu ticket going for her and her alts doesn't mean that they couldn't do the same for Marth and Ike which is where the issue lies upon.

Even if a character such as Greil is insignificant the same could be said for the same characters Lucina's alts are based on. Roy or eliwood could be considered not very important either but they still starred in their own games and have a fanbase who deserves as much equal treatment as any other in the Smash series. Hell, even Robin is just alternate colors unless they decided not show any alternate faces/hair style for them but if that's true why didn't they do the same with Robin like they did for the Villager?

And let's not forget that Lucina herself is simply Marth but with altered move properties and movement when she could have had her own and very unique moveset to call her own.

Just because these little color alts seem like nothing to you in particular it doesn't change the fact that more care could have been put in place for some things that would game the overall experience of the game itself much more enriching for everyone. Lets not forget that the very fact that any character is even in the roster is because there are people within Nintendo and fans alike who believe they are deserving of their spot in the roster and because of that they are in the game. They all deserve the equal treatment as any other character within the game.

Welcome to the club. Luigi, I agree is a problem as two of his costumes look EXACTLY the same.

Ike on the other hand, at least he GOT 8 different palette swaps. Just like Peach. Just like Zelda. Just like Marth. Just like Mega Man. Just like Meta Knight, and also like Dedede. Just like Samus. Just like ALL the other characters who aren't Mario, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, WFT, Lucina, Robin, and Villager.

Very little characters got ALT costumes (and out of those, not everyone was pleased), so I think we shouldn't complain about Ike. Luigi though... maybe something went wrong?

Yeah, that's why I'm the most upset about Luigi. Just, how can they do this to such a historic Nintendo character? He predates even Peach and Bowser! I REALLY hope that it's just a Famitsu error and that Luigi's third color scheme IS actually something different.

Ike's got nice color schemes, I think they just look bad on him except for the Greil palette. Even the red one that reminds me of Kieran. xP And especially that green, just ew. They colored his armor the color of puke. But yeah, at least he got eight different looks.

Lucina and Robin get special treatment because they're getting hype. It's NATURAL for that to happen.

Nitpicking that Ike doesn't have Greil's hair like Ana is doing and comparing it to how Lucina does for her palettes WHICH ARE SUPER POPULAR FREAKING WAIFUS is quite the impractical expectation.

You should be happy he has the palette. Who cares about his hair?

It's on the same level as people complaining that Takamaru wasn't playable.

You can't really make everyone happy. Especially with something as sensitive as Smash.

Fair enough, I suppose it would have been nice if they did, but the throwback itself is mostly recognisable so it's nice enough. I guess it's just a half-full half-empty thing.

Like if Robin had alts for Ced and Tiltyu I would have had so much extra hype, but that's a lot to expect for two pretty unknown characters who are unlikely to return outside the spotpass box

I'm honestly surprised no one has said this.

But did it occur to any of you guys that Marth's 6th could be, oh I dunno, SELIPH?

JS.

His boots weren't white, and he wasn't wearing white gloves.

You know, I'm kinda surprised Ike didn't also get Hector if Marth got Roy and supposedly Eliwood. Isn't he popular?

I'm pretty much over my Ike alt issues now, btw, but Luigi still bothers me...

Edited by Anacybele

Anyway speaking of the demo, it was pretty funny when they discovered you can grab and pocket Pikachu's Down+B with Villager. It was a hilarious sight to behold.

Edited by kingddd

You know, I'm kinda surprised Ike didn't also get Hector if Marth got Roy and supposedly Eliwood. Isn't he popular?

I'm pretty much over my Ike alt issues now, btw, but Luigi still bothers me...

I would imagine Hector/Ephraim weren't included despite their popularity because of the amount of shit-flinging if they weren't using an axe/spear respectively, and the amount of shit they would have to code if they were to change the weapon too.

Sure Hector can use a sword for the last 5 chapters of his story, and up to 10 of Eliwood's. (Rough approximation of the numbers, and this includes side-quests)

His boots weren't white, and he wasn't wearing white gloves.

Doesn't have to be exact. His white was originally Leif inspired, yet it no longer has the gold outlining that Leif has, save for the top part of his boots. And if you look at the 6th again, you can see that that same mentioned part of the boots are white with blue decor. Add that with the white outlining on the torso and lighter blue colored cape and there you go. With all of those things, I'd certainly say that it's not Eliwood

Anyway speaking of the demo, it was pretty funny when they discovered you can grab and pocket Pikachu's Down+B with Villager. It was a hilarious sight to behold.

Villager can Pocket trees (his down B). Not his own, of course. Dude's going to be a monster in team battles

Villager can Pocket trees (his down B). Not his own, of course. Dude's going to be a monster in team battles

Man that one was pretty funny too. I'm gonna bet that tournaments are gonna ban villager vs villager.

Edit:

He can also pocket Rush. He's one scary guy.

Edited by kingddd

I would imagine Hector/Ephraim weren't included despite their popularity because of the amount of shit-flinging if they weren't using an axe/spear respectively, and the amount of shit they would have to code if they were to change the weapon too.

Sure Hector can use a sword for the last 5 chapters of his story, and up to 10 of Eliwood's. (Rough approximation of the numbers, and this includes side-quests)

But doesn't Sigurd use a lance? And he seems to be Ike's white palette.

But doesn't Sigurd use a lance? And he seems to be Ike's white palette.

Nope

Sigurd is a Sword User in FE4

Though in FE13 they made him a Paladin in Spotpass, so that must be where you got that idea

Ohhh, okay, I see. I never played FE4, I just for some reason only remembered something about him using lances.

Well, still hyped as shit for this game despite my character alt issues! I got plenty of things I did want, after all. Besides, maybe Ike's alts will grow on me. :P

Edited by Anacybele