SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly on topic of today's picture, does anyone consider Jigglypuff to be a female character? I personally do, with its 25%/75% male to female ratio and its feminine attire in its costumes.

I consider Pokemon to be gender neutral, unless they are a gender specific Pokemon (although none of the playable characters have been).

In terms of that, has Mega Mewtwo Y been confirmed to be female? It has a female voice actress. If so, it should have probably been the X form. Also, I would support Mewtwo Y the non-generation 1 pokemon representative, given the push that it's getting.

Classic Mewtwo is the only choice in this now. The Y and X forms could be a Final Smash, and be random every time.

I would prefer a Mega Mewtwo form to classic Mewtwo. I have no desire to see all generation 1 pokemon. If we got Mewtwo and let's say a Kalos Trainer with the Kalos Starters, I would be okay with that.

I would prefer this roster for Pokemon, but I don't have my hopes up TOO high for it: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Keldeo, Lucario, Kalos Pokemon Trainer/Mewtwo with mega evolutions as a Final Smash. I don't really like Mewtwo though, so I wouldn't care if he was in or not.

Pokemon peeps I know are in for the most part: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Trainer [Probably]

Returners we mostly all want: Lucario, Mewtwo

My Pipe Dream: Blaziken

Pokemon That I Feel Are In: Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Trainer (Calem, please?)

Pokemon I Hope Return: Lucario. I actually don't care for him that much, but he's a solid, unique character and I like the way he plays... even if he's not my type.

Pokemon I Wish On Stars For: HONEDGE and the Kalos starters. YES.

I would prefer a Mega Mewtwo form to classic Mewtwo. I have no desire to see all generation 1 pokemon. If we got Mewtwo and let's say a Kalos Trainer with the Kalos Starters, I would be okay with that.

I don't care about anything like that. Generation 1 remains the most iconic anyway. And it's not like those characters aren't in the new games either. Heck, Pikachu was the first Pokémon we saw from the first footage of X and Y. Mewtwo being the unofficial mascot of the 6th Gen also is a big nod to the first generation. Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander are also a sort of 'second starter' in the 6th gen. Lucario, Mewtwo and possibly Charizard with Mega Evolution Final Smash attacks is also already a big shout out to the 6th Gen.

Really don't get it. People don't wanna see Sheik gone, a totally uninspired one-off disguise of Zelda but are quick to throw out the likes of Lucario or Ike due to being 'irrelevant'. Yeah, throw your 'muh gimmicks' reasonings at me all you like, I'll never back off from my opinion on this. It's just plain stupid.

Pokemon I Hope Return: Lucario. I actually don't care for him that much, but he's a solid, unique character and I like the way he plays... even if he's not my type.

Honedge would be a cool pokeball mon as well, could pick him up and use him as a heavy blade or something. I mean we've already had a pokeball mon be useable as a throw item so its not too farfetch'd :P

For some reason the way I see characters using it is the way Sora used Saix's Nobodies own blades against them lol

Edited by Jedi

Honedge would be a cool pokeball mon as well, could pick him up and use him as a heavy blade or something. I mean we've already had a pokeball mon be useable as a throw item so its not too farfetch'd :P

For some reason the way I see characters using it is the way Sora used Saix's Nobodies own blades against them lol

I hate to joss that, but I have to: you can't pick up Honedge or it'll drain the life force from you.

Sora would have to get a serious nerf to be considered, he is OP as all hell.

... Although if his Final Smash involved riding a wave of Heartless across the board I'd love it. XD

I hate to joss that, but I have to: you can't pick up Honedge or it'll drain the life force from you.

Sora would have to get a serious nerf to be considered, he is OP as all hell.

... Although if his Final Smash involved riding a wave of Heartless across the board I'd love it. XD

Oh right, I forgot that tidbit ^^;

I wasn't saying Sora for smash I was just reminded of that animation of his :P [he would be cool but I highly doubt it]

pokemon I think are in: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer(either Calem or Red), some type of Mewtwo

Pokemon I hope to see: Kalos starters or Unova Starters (just for Oshawott)

I'm sicking of seeing the avatar characters defaulted as male (PKMN trainer and the Villager). There should be an option for both, considering PKMN trainer has like 4 lines and has barely an animations, while the Villager doesn't talk. And if I could choose, I would prefer Serena over Calem. It is such a small change that I don't see why they won't do it/

I don't care about anything like that. Generation 1 remains the most iconic anyway. And it's not like those characters aren't in the new games either. Heck, Pikachu was the first Pokémon we saw from the first footage of X and Y. Mewtwo being the unofficial mascot of the 6th Gen also is a big nod to the first generation. Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander are also a sort of 'second starter' in the 6th gen. Lucario, Mewtwo and possibly Charizard with Mega Evolution Final Smash attacks is also already a big shout out to the 6th Gen.

Really don't get it. People don't wanna see Sheik gone, a totally uninspired one-off disguise of Zelda but are quick to throw out the likes of Lucario or Ike due to being 'irrelevant'. Yeah, throw your 'muh gimmicks' reasonings at me all you like, I'll never back off from my opinion on this. It's just plain stupid.

Yeah generation 1 is the most iconic, but that doesn't mean the newer generation don't have their own sense of iconicism. Pokemon games are in their own league. The mass appeal of it means that most of the starters and key pokemon have a larger claim to iconicism to someone like Lucas, Ike, Chrom, or Lucina. So any starter are key pokemon are iconic in comparison to other nintendo characters. Mewtwo is the mascot for Gen 6, but he also is there to flaunt the Mega forms gimmick (hence that is the first thing they revealed about him). I do think the Kanto starters chances have been upped with their Gen 6 appearance. I think they are framing X and Y as a reset for Pokemon. It's the first in 3D, so the Gen 1 references are to attract lapsed Pokemon fans from the previous generations.

I don't believe in shout outs being comparable to representation. Would Roy fans accept a Roy assist trophy appearance as to playability. Representation is a much, much bigger deal. Animal Crossing's lack of character in Brawl put it at a different level than the other Nintendo franchises within the context of a game.

Zelda has still been Ocarina of Time based in all of her attacks, so the Sheik form makes sense. All her attacks are OoT magic. Ike should be kept in along with an Awakening rep. Lucario has to contend with a possible return with Mewtwo and two generations eager for a chance at a rep, just like Gen IV. The difference between Sheik and Lucario along with Ike is that the latter two come from generational series. Zelda, while being different in every new iteration of the three timelines, it's still consider the same character in Zelda lore. And Sheik is still Zelda.

Does anyone want to see the actual trainer fight? Like punching and kicking?

I've always hoped to see N in some capacity, but the Gen 6 focus seems to have brushed that aside completely. I don't know how it would work, but I'm sure Sakurai could make it happen.

I'd literally be okay with Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo as the only Pokemon characters in the game.

Mewtwo, Charizard and Pikachu are synonymous with Pokemon since the franchise came out in the 90s. Other Pokemon have come and gone. Some of them have a good degree of popularity, but nothing will compare with the Pokemon titans of Mewtwo, Charizard and Pikachu. They are All-Stars. Pretty sure most don't say the same about Jigglypuff or Lucario.

According to Miiverse, Sakurai said the females are comparing heights. Though with Peach's hands, it implies things much less innocent.

I really don't want playable Pokemon to be reduced to 1st Gen only, since it shows disregard and disacknowledgement for the other 5 Generations of Pokemon. Smash Bros. is supposed to be a celebration of Nintendo's entire history in terms of time span, and having only 1st Gen Pokemon would be a really poor representation of Pokemon's history. Sure, Lucario doesn't have the iconicness of Pikachu, but when it comes to the newer generations of Pokemon, he's one of the more iconic ones. Having only 1st Gen Pokemon be playable is like having Marth as the only playable Fire Emblem character.

Mewtwo, Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer do represent Nintendo's history. Is Gen2 an important part of Pokemon's history? Is Magvel an important part of Fire Emblem's history? You can't just look at Pokemon's generational system to determine Smash Bros. candidates. Unique and important characters get in, not the latest, greatest or generational characters.