SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

italics and bold do not match up

you'd be white knighting frederick to the ends of the earth, don't kid yourself

lol You're the one kidding yourself. If you don't believe me, that's your problem. I'm not so dumb as to let a love for a character blind me from reason.

I'm gonna kick the crap out of him.

And I think this is what's ridiculous and immature. What do you usually do with someone you don't like? Ignore them. Not beat the shit out of them.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think this is what's ridiculous and immature. What do you usually do with someone you don't like? Ignore them. Not beat the shit out of them.

Difference is, this is a FIGHTING game we're talking about. (Where the objective is to kick the crap out of your opponents, not have a pleasant conversation) IRL you ignore people you dislike, but fighting games are a whole different story.

this is equally terrible

i mean wario of all characters you wished was cut

wario

Also, the whole "single them out" thing isn't very sportsman like.

I just have a very strong dislike for Wario. Also my wording was a bit off. I'm not going to go out of my way to fight him, but when I do I'm not just gonna leave.

Edited by Shulk

Difference is, this is a fighting game we're talking about. IRL you ignore people you dislike, but fighting games are a whole different story.

So if say, four people, including me and you, were in a group match, and I picked Wario. You would single me out?

It's also because 1. I don't think Awakening needed two reps, regardless of who the second one was. It could've been Frederick for all I care and I would say the same thing.

Bull-fucking-shit. You're lying through your fingers and we all know it.

2. she's a clone when someone more unique like Ephraim or Hector would've been more interesting (and I'm not even that fond of Hector either). I know clones are EASY to make and such, but I'd have been willing to give up three clones (yes, talking about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit too) to get a unique newcomer. Quality over quantity, you know.

Ephraim and Hector had no chance, and even if they did, Lucina's inclusion meant absolutely nothing for their potential inclusion. I'm not too fond of Dr. Mario or Dark Pit myself (especially Dark Pit) but them not being included most likely would not mean we would have gotten a unique newcomer, even in an all for one scenario. And really, you should know this.

I really hope you'll grow up out of this ridiculous sentimentality soon, especially if we're ever to have FE-themed Smash tournaments here, since you won't be able to join them like this. Hate the character all you want, this attitude of yours is beyond ridiculous. I doubt even ClevelandSteve, who is a known hater (at least I'm pretty sure) of both Robin and Lucina wouldn't go nearly this far.

Oh yeah, you're right about Classic. I might never try All-Star mode. And I just won't play against anyone that uses Lucina. If she shows up in a random online matchup, I'll just leave. If I can do that without getting in trouble due to the regulations Nintendo has added to the WiFi.

No, that's silly. xP I'm not going to try to stop other people from playing as Lucina or anything. I just won't play with them, that's all. It's my choice.

well f@ck you too

Actually nevermind, your choice and all, so I'll respect it... Just know that you're pretty much asking for stuff like that when you say it in a FE fanbase...

Edited by Comet

Bull-fucking-shit. You're lying through your fingers and we all know it.

Alright, this is crossing the line. I am NOT a liar and I never have been. And I won't sit here and be insulted, so I'm no longer responding to any of your posts on this situation.

EDIT: Comet: ...Really? Wow. All I say is that I don't wish to interact with ONE character in this WHOLE game and I deserve to be bashed back and forth for it?

Edited by Anacybele

So if say, four people, including me and you, were in a group match, and I picked Wario. You would single me out?

Nah. I attack whoever's my biggest concern at the moment. I was just kinda exaggerating what I will do when I fight Wario.

Edited by Shulk

Ana, I'm probably going to be the calmest person to respond to you here. You have such strong opinions, and people tend to argue with that. They don't like such strong opinions. Just calm the hell down.

Ana, I'm probably going to be the calmest person to respond to you here. You have such strong opinions, and people tend to argue with that. They don't like such strong opinions. Just calm the hell down.

not calmer than me.

We should ALL calm down and listen to Mother 3 music! LOVE THEME seems appropriate at this moment. Stop fighting! Rejoice!

tumblr_lpev8jky6f1qk9z83.gif

And cue Love music!

I'll just leave. If I can do that without getting in trouble due to the regulations Nintendo has added to the WiFi.

The report system will let people report you if you quit too much. Not to mention your Global Smash Power will go down as well.

Regardless, I'm actually really hyped for Dark Pit. I especially love that a remix of his theme song is his victory tune. I'm also very happy that Dr. Mario is back with the Mario Tornado.

This roster, even with the unfortunate casualty that is the Ice Climbers, is miles better than Brawl's was (though to be honest I'm one of the very few who didn't like any of Brawl's newcomers). The quality that all of the newcomers have is so amazingly high that I can easily forgive Sakurai for two clones and a semi-clone.

tDewoZw.gif

This thread is the best, especially when I'm not the one being salty.

So... not commenting on the current shitstorm...

How do you guys hope the netcode is?

If it's anything like Kid Icarus: Uprising's Wifi was, it'll be very good.

Edited by Doofina

Alright, this is crossing the line. I am NOT a liar and I never have been. And I won't sit here and be insulted, so I'm no longer responding to any of your posts on this situation.

EDIT: Comet: ...Really? Wow. All I say is that I don't wish to interact with ONE character in this WHOLE game and I deserve to be bashed back and forth for it?

Ana, this isn't some dating game and we're telling you to go through Lucina's route. This is a fighting game and you have such an irrational hatred for a character that you plan to avoid any confrontations with said character whatsoever, which extremely limits how you can play the game (completely avoiding one mode, being cautious around vs modes at all, and actually outright leaving certain matches). I'd draw a comparison to something but I think I lack the talent to come up with something equally as absurd.

I recall you saying you wanted to use Ike competitively. This means you have at least a small desire to get into the competitive scene. I suggest you abandon that desire immediately and never play these games with any other human beings.

It's not about her having strong opinions. As I said, she can hate Lucina as much as she wants. It's her actions that I simply can't, in good conscience, leave be.

Also, one last thing, Ana; I am doing this because I care. No, honestly. There are people on this forum who, if they said the same thing, I would probably ignore them, because I don't care about them. You're a member of this forum that I like to have around and enjoy talking to (most of the time, hehe). I'm doing this to help you. Do you really want to be forced out of potential community-based game sessions like tourneys just because of something like this? Because that's the road you're going down.

Just think about that.

Sexy.

What exactly is this a reply to? xD

You're a member of this forum that I like to have around and enjoy talking to (most of the time, hehe). I'm doing this to help you.

Oh no! You like me right? Ugh darn it... I chose to be annoying at the wrong time.

If it's anything like Kid Icarus: Uprising's Wifi was, it'll be very good.

If anything I hope it'll be like Arc System Works' netcode.

Brawl's was absolute crap when there was ANY interference. It didn't adjust and it just expected a connection like Japan's fiber optic networks.

I'm just going to say one thing, because I don't want be involved in anymore ridiculous arguments that get me on people's bad sides. It's not only because Lucina is one of my least favorite FE characters. It's also because 1. I don't think Awakening needed two reps, regardless of who the second one was. It could've been Frederick for all I care and I would say the same thing. Robin is enough, Lucina, Frederick, or anyone else would be overdoing it. And 2. she's a clone when someone more unique like Ephraim or Hector would've been more interesting (and I'm not even that fond of Hector either). I know clones are EASY to make and such, but I'd have been willing to give up three clones (yes, talking about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit too) to get a unique newcomer. Quality over quantity, you know.

Well...I can say this. They better differ her speed.

Oh yeah, you like Ultimax.

yay, that's nice to know

I'll be honest, your Ultimax videos were how I learned it existed >_>.

/offtopic

Persona 4 (The Ultimate in Mayonaka) Arena. I don't have Ultimax yet.

From that game, whenever someone lags, it gets adjusted. I mean it wasn't PERFECT, but they actually ACKNOWLEDGED that not everyone has Japan-tier connections.

not calmer than me.

We should ALL calm down and listen to Mother 3 music! LOVE THEME seems appropriate at this moment. Stop fighting! Rejoice!

tumblr_lpev8jky6f1qk9z83.gif

And cue Love music!

I almost forgot just how good mother 3's soundtrack was.

Also in regards to online, if it's as good as Kid Icarus' I'll be happy.