SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what your problem is, but you clearly missed the part where I was joking

I find the jokes to be quite excessive and I'm not exactly a fan of too much sarcastic humour. I'll leave it as that and get back to the SSB4 discussion.

I'm quite curious as to what this means for other Brawl characters that were on the chopping block though, like Lucario, Ike, and... well, I guess the 3rd parties are in a different boat altogether. And some people on GameFAQs (just hear me out, even though I personally don't believe it) thinks that since Toon Link is both a stage cameo and a playable character, that Toad and Ridley can potentially both be playable characters even though they're a special move and an implied stage hazard, respectively. I don't exactly think that logic holds much weight.

If Sakurai goes by movies for Pokemon, Mewtwo and Keldeo should be the Pokemon reps because Keldeo's movie is more recent than Lucario's. :P

Keldeo won't be a playable character. Lucario will be.

Link was higher then Young Link in Melee just sayin.

emphasis on was higher, not the case anymore

thanks Armada, it even kinda rhymes with thanks Obama

Toon links confirmed?! I guest that was expected because of Wind Waker HD.

.....did you miss the last page of discussion

I find the jokes to be quite excessive and I'm not exactly a fan of too much sarcastic humour. I'll leave it as that and get back to the SSB4 discussion.

yup definitely, says the guy ignoring everything else in the thread

you're both wrong. obviously lucario will be replaced by dunsparce

you mean rattata

Edited by shadykid

I really have to wonder what Game Freak is planning regarding SSB4 playable Pokemon representation. I mean, we really don't have any solid clues as to what their plans are regarding things like using a 6th/5th Gen Pokemon (Mega Evolutions don't count), bringing back Mewtwo, or keeping Lucario. I guess we'll hopefully see around mid-October.

yup definitely, says the guy ignoring everything else in the thread

I'm not getting you. If you mean all the other sarcasm in this thread, I didn't respond to it since it wasn't directed at me or a response to my post.

emphasis on was higher, not the case anymore

thanks Armada, it even kinda rhymes with thanks Obama

This is the first I heard of this, and I took it to youtube

I'm cring

I really have to wonder what Game Freak is planning regarding SSB4 playable Pokemon representation.

I'm pretty sure that Game Freak don't have any input regarding the Pokémon that appear in Smash Bros...

Only if it's Joey's.

TOP F***ING PERCENTAGE.

well what other Rattata could I possibly be referring to

This is the first I heard of this, and I took it to youtube

I'm cring

what part, Armada's Young Link getting into 8 minute matches?

edit: or wait, you mean the "thanks Obama" gifs?

Edited by shadykid

I'm pretty sure that Game Freak don't have any input regarding the Pokémon that appear in Smash Bros...

Game Freak works on the games with the Pokemon Company, who has a great deal of influence on the characters that appear.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/06/20/sakurai-discusses-how-pokemon-are-chosen-for-super-smash-bros/

Keldeo won't be a playable character. Lucario will be.

Says who? I don't see anny Pokemon on the official site besides Pikachu. I agree that Lucario is unfortunately more likely than Keldeo, but still. This was my point anyway. I don't actually think Sakurai chooses Pokemon only based on movies.

Says who? I don't see anny Pokemon on the official site besides Pikachu. I agree that Lucario is unfortunately more likely than Keldeo, but still. This was my point anyway. I don't actually think Sakurai chooses Pokemon only based on movies.

Sakurai doesn't choose at all when it comes to Pokémon. It's GameFreak who tells Sakurai who to add. Or at least, they have the final word on the matter.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Maybe Genesect is an option?

Mewtwo seems to be the bigger focal in the new movie though, plus he's obviously more popular.

Likewise, Keldeo is the bigger focus in his movie than Kyurem. But the main reason that I think Keldeo has a decent shot at making it in as playable is because of how unique he'd be. He moves on four legs, something we've only seen Ivysaur do, and making a good moveset for him would be easy. His recovery can involve his ability to fly by using his hoof water jets (shooting water from the bottoms of his hooves), his special moves can also be Sacred Sword, Hydro Pump, and Water Gun/Aqua Jet, and his Final Smash can be his Resolute form using Secret Sword. He's also a Fighting type that would have a unique battle style in using his hooves for combat.

Lucario has popularity and veteran status on his side though, so I've a feeling he's higher priority unless GameFreak and Sakurai decide to surprise us.

Edited by Anacybele