SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Did the "fuck green eyes" reaction start with SA1? Because I looked up the boxart, and that's when it started

Were people actually mad the Brawl Sonic was mostly SA Sonic? I have no connection to the relevant parties, wouldn't know

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the same thing happened with Toon Link. Jesus Christ, people, it's a character in a video game. Calm down.

To be fair, Toon Link is a clone, which makes him unpopular with a lot of people. There's also the fact that people are worried that there will be cuts, and now that Toon Link is known to be returning, there are people worried about who might have been cut instead.

Gosh I didn't mean to start a whole analysis of the Sonic fanbase ^^; sorry also I enjoyed Unleashed alot I'm one of those oddballs who liked it more then Colors personally but in the end its just opinions.

To be fair, Toon Link is a clone, which makes him unpopular with a lot of people. There's also the fact that people are worried that there will be cuts, and now that Toon Link is known to be returning, there are people worried about who might have been cut instead.

TL isn't exactly a Clone his moves may look like links to an extent but a lot of them work quite differently. Also them Air A-s and some smashes look and work a bit differently, his B's work differently etc.

PKL will probably back me up on this later seeing as he does da Metagame and Tournaments and such with his Main as TL

Edited by Jedi

TL isn't exactly a Clone his moves may look like links to an extent but a lot of them work quite differently. Also them Air A-s and some smashes look and work a bit differently, his B's work differently etc.

PKL will probably back me up on this later seeing as he does da Metagame and Tournaments and such with his Main as TL

I didn't mean he's exactly copied move-for-move from Link, but to deny that he's a clone is ridiculous, since he does borrow the animations for many of his moves from Link, even if the properties are different.

He's a pseudo-clone, not quite as differentiated as say Ganon and Captain Falcon, but Toon Link has a distinctly different playstyle. Admittedly the core of his moves are the same as Link's but there're not exactly the same. Although I do hope they differentiate a little more in SSB4.

Ok Shin spoke for me on that darn you Shin!

Meanwhile on the site

E9wJujP.jpg

Sonic and Megaman seem to be happy to be in the same universe again after their comic book crossover

JUv8WLK.jpg

Ok Shin spoke for me on that darn you Shin!

Meanwhile on the site

E9wJujP.jpg

Sonic and Megaman seem to be happy to be in the same universe again after their comic book crossover

JUv8WLK.jpg

Awesome screenshot today. I hope more screenshots are fun like this one is.

The crossover was awesome simply because it created this image:

mm2501.jpg

Edited by Viewtiful_J

The crossover was awesome simply because it created this image:

mm2501.jpg

Haha that is pretty amusing.

The crossover had alot of great moments and I can be sure if Event matches are back that one will be made based on it

hi I'm not PKL

Toon Link's moves may act differently, but most of them are essentially modified from Link (unlike for example Wolf, who has completely different normals and I'm not sure why people say he's a clone in the first place)

that being said, I like using Toon Link because pissing people off by camping is fun :evil: (also normal Link is terrible)

here's to more bombs and arrows *raises glass*

Edited by shadykid

Sonic Retro never fails to impress! xD

As a moderator of the site, that's just some of the louder folk. There's plenty who really don't give two shits about the eye color and such.

As a moderator of the site, that's just some of the louder folk. There's plenty who really don't give two shits about the eye color and such.

Yeah, thats just a side effect of the Sonic fanbase in general. Didn't mean any negativity towards the entire site, sorry.

With all the promotion Mewtwo and Charizard are getting, I have a feeling Mewtwo or Pokemon Trainer or a revamped Red w/Charizard only will be the next character shown for X/Y's release

Yeah, thats just a side effect of the Sonic fanbase in general. Didn't mean any negativity towards the entire site, sorry.

Nah, it's alright. I didn't take it to mean the whole site. :P

I really hate the look of Mega Charizard X. The mouth flames are pointless as well as the shoulder claws.

I will agree with you on the mouth flames(they look even dumber in-game, since they don't actually look like flames when rendered in 3D).

I really hate the look of Mega Charizard X. The mouth flames are pointless as well as the shoulder claws.

I will agree with you on the mouth flames(they look even dumber in-game, since they don't actually look like flames when rendered in 3D).

I think Mega Charizard X looks pretty cool myself :P

Sakurai is now posting the links to his Miiverse quotes.

8d90e20eb7d649612eb35d6d446b05a2.png

Snakes chances to join them? Seeing as Kojima is still a good friend of Sakurai's and alot of people liked his playstyle and him being there, as much as people said Sonic wouldn't return now [i was always thinking Sonic would be back :P] have to think "Is Snake going to as well now?"

Aside from the mouth flame thing, I think Mega Charizard X does look pretty badass. Though I'm upset that he turned up in Origins

Snakes chances to join them? Seeing as Kojima is still a good friend of Sakurai's and alot of people liked his playstyle and him being there, as much as people said Sonic wouldn't return now [i was always thinking Sonic would be back :P] have to think "Is Snake going to as well now?"

I really hope snake doesn't get cut....he has one of the most unique movesets in Smash Bros.

Edited by shinpichu

I'd at least like to see (some of) his moveset salvaged and live on in somebody else, even should he get cut, yeah.

Edited by Rehab

I'd at least like to see (some of) his moveset salvaged and live on in somebody else, even should he get cut, yeah.

If he didnt stay but his moveset did to an extent it would probably be fitting for an Advanced Wars character

It just takes one stupid thing to ruin a design for me. Remove the mouth flames and he looks fine.

I think the trio is noticeable retro characters, with ties to 8 bit and 16 bit generations. Although Snake did start with Metal Gear in 1987, his actual iconic and design comes from the playstation release of MGS. so he doesn't fit in quite as well as that trio.

Mega Man clearly will the strongest out of the three.

I've already mentioned this before, but I think if a Snake returns to Smash it will be Big Boss. He's been in the spotlight more than Solid Snake recently, and it could provide an interesting change in his moveset while keeping the same feel. I think Big Boss would probably have the Patriot gun in his moveset, it's probably the second most iconic item from the series behind the cardboard box. That would be interesting.

huge mega charizard x fan though. standalone character gogogo