SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

You know what would be funny, if just by sheer popularity power Zero was the Megaman assist, granted the X series is a bit in the future of the classic series but hey he was made by Wily after all :P

Plus it would somewhat give me my dream of seeing Sonic and Zero [my 2 fav video game characters] in the same game.. Project X Zone didn't even do it..

wah wah stop complaining.

At least you got the Sakura Wars crew in there geez.

And they were Japan only.

Also Xerneas being here means hopefully Yveltal.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh believe me I love that Sakura Wars got included in PxZ lol

Also wow we finally get something new this week and like no one has commented on it

Certainly isnt a character or the site would have updated and added it to a spot along with alot of screens.

The background or lack thereof doesnt tell us if its part of a stage or a pokeball mon

Yay, Xerneas!! ^_^

I'm glad to know that 6th Generation Pokemon will be in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U. I was worried with how recent the 6th Generation was, they wouldn't have been able to include them in the new Smash Bros. in time.

Really unbased theory but...

What if Xerneas is from a PokeFloats stage?

Funnily enough, that was my first thought when I saw the pic. A "Poke Floats 2" would be pretty sweet. Though I think it's much more likely that Xerneas is either a Pokeball or a Stage Hazard, since legendaries are usually one of those.

I think Xerneas is more likely to be a stage hazard, now that I think about it. Because Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia are Spear Pillar's hazards, right? So why not have Xerneas and Yveltal be the gen 6 hazards?

I think Xerneas is more likely to be a stage hazard, now that I think about it. Because Dialga, Palkia, and Cresselia are Spear Pillar's hazards, right? So why not have Xerneas and Yveltal be the gen 6 hazards?

Depends if they get their own stage. If not then 100% sure for Pokeball.

I think it's safe to say it's a Pokeball Pokemon. If it were a stage hazard, it would have been a 3DS screenshot, given Sakurai stated Smash 3DS will have stages based on handhelds and Wii U will have stages based on consoles, and Xerneas has been on a 3DS game only so far.

Also apprently according to smashboards there is a fake Ness confirmed pic. The work on it is quite amazing, I believe its origin is 4chan. What a shock lol

As far as Pokémon Trainer I think it'll be updated to be the X/Y boy and girl. From what I've seen of the new starters Chespin/Braixen/Greninja seems to be the best combination to me for Smash's gameplay.

With me going into the job corps tomorrow someone else will need to stick with putting up the pic updates, tomorrows should be up shortly and I hope for a reveal for a send off to me not being as active xD

The last few updates have been so boring I feel like even Sakurai is too busy playing X/Y to bother putting effort into posting something cool.

Hopefully he catches Mewtwo soon and is inspired to reveal he's playable again.

The last few updates have been so boring I feel like even Sakurai is too busy playing X/Y to bother putting effort into posting something cool.

Or he just doesn't have anything to show.

I've heard speculation that Game Freak has Sakurai's hands tied as far as Pokemon news is concerned.

Edit: Here's and analysis of what Sakurai said with the Xerneas "reveal" that seems to support that:

">>きょうの一枚。 『ポケモンX,Y』関連のネタで発表できることは、いまのところまったくありませんねー。ホントホント。

>Today's placard. "Pokemon X and Y" related material that I'm permitted to announce, currently I unfortunately have nothing I can present here (on Miiverse). Honto honto.

He uses an absurd amount of stressing that can't be translated well if at all, Honto is better left untranslated as it won't ever come out right when used twice in a row but you should get his usage of it if you've watched even one anime.

"Permitted" is literally "am able" but inferring it's position related aka someone higher up said "No.".

He was being straight/genuine "this is why you haven't seen anything" in a casual manner, I have to wonder just how many games of telephone they went through to get >We have absolutely nothing to announce today regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Really!

Not like it matters to me. Enjoy not knowing Nipponese, anon.

You. Xerneas is the poster legendary of course he can feature it.

The fact that he's only showed that much should have been clarification enough already.

He isn't going to show anything.

Oh and in case you're the one person who missed it- when he said "Nothing to present here" he was winking that he HAS something, he's just not allowed to show it which is completely lost in their translation and likely why that guy was telling you not to trust them when they leave out chunks of a single sentence like that, just a guess."

Edited by shinpichu