SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daily.jpg

"Pic of the day. Is it just me or do I smell something beastly...?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

Jedi is gone, so I'm going to be the one posting pics now. Man, I love the lines on the 3DS version now.

(Wolf was planned since 64 for goodness sakes)

Um

No

The only characters that we know were planned but scrapped for 64 are Dedede, Mewtwo, and Bowser.

http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Storage/SmashBros/I-ve-been-making-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

Side note, but before you go posting anything about who was/wasn't planned for 64, Melee, or Brawl, you should check this thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-development-history-updated-7-9.324410/

Sakurai has stated he wanted Wolf in since the time of 64

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/new-smash-bros-for-wiiu.304894/page-2458

Okay, I guess.

Still, cednym doesn't source his info, so it's still a good idea to be sceptical.

If I recall, wasn't Pit the same?

No. I can't find anything suggesting that Pit was ever planned for 64.

Edited by shinpichu

He's not a knew character, since there's no spot for him on the main page. So he's likely either an alternate costume(which would be huge news) or an assist trophy.

Oh! Okay then... cool.

I'd be beyond happy if we got a female villager... I wonder if they're going to use the "basic" appearance one from the cover of City Folk or the pink-haired one from Wild World...

Not too sure honestly. We havent even seen any of the boy's alts yet to see if they change some stuff around haha.

Edit: This may mean I may get Roy back in the least desireable way imaginable down the road however...

Edited by Jedi

Not too sure honestly. We havent even seen any of the boy's alts yet to see if they change some stuff around haha

Well, if I'm recalling the box art correctly... they actually haven't altered the boy's appearance much save a different shirt (WW had him wearing the black BB shirt, while City Folk, he had on the Number 1 shirt that he has now).

Edit: This may mean I may get Roy back in the least desireable way imaginable down the road however...

Don't worry, I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't do that. IIRC he specifically mentioned that he didn't want to include alternate costumes that turn characters into other characters.