SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I maintain that Sheik is overrepresented and fine, and that they should remove Swordfighter's stupid Chakram chaining (before giving us other buffs, yes).

Clearly you have never faced a competent Sheik before.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sheik player would have to be better than me outright at Smash Bros. (admittedly not saying all that much) to beat my Charizard, I'd reckon.

She's not this god that anybody can pull out after enough practice and simply beat everybody with, like everybody thinks she is. She has fewer kill moves than Pikachu!

Fact of the matter is, a lot of really really good players (zero, ahem) fancied Sheik and her reputation has been riding that momentum ever since.

And for whatever it's worth, the power differential in Smash 4's roster is relatively miniscule in the first place.

Edited by Tamarsamar

they should remove Swordfighter's stupid Chakram chaining (before giving us other buffs, yes).

Clearly a tiershaking concern!

She's not this god that anybody can pull out after enough practice and simply beat everybody with, like everybody thinks she is. She has fewer kill moves than Pikachu!

Of course she's not this god.

She's this goddess.

The Sheik player would have to be better than me outright at Smash Bros. (admittedly not saying all that much) to beat my Charizard, I'd reckon.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of really really good players (zero, ahem) fancied Sheik and her reputation has been riding that momentum ever since.

And for whatever it's worth, the power differential in Smash 4's roster is relatively miniscule in the first place.

if you aren't very good, then you aren't going to understand smash well.

that doesn't mean anything. skill curves are a thing. she doesn't need kill moves, she kills you by getting you off the stage and not letting you back.

players that know more about smash than you

correct, but there are still awful matchups like ganon vs sheik. sheik grabs ganon (and sheik is way faster than ganon, so grabbing him is easy), carries him across the stage with fair chains that can't be escaped, and gimps him. i think it's funny.

https://twitter.com/_infrom_/status/649196617187246080?ref_src

This made me lol too hard and makes me want to use Lucario again

awww. ok :(

this can be escaped with shield DI

https://vine.co/v/eQ5Yaia3VgW

Edited by PichuMaster3000

She may not be as ridiculous as some previous top tiers in smash, but she is easily the best character in this game overall in terms of pure 1 v 1.

Some characters can't even properly handle her, and she dominates every character except like... Pikachu and Diddy in the Neutral.

ZeRo actually likes Diddy more than Sheik and simply uses Sheik more because he fancies her to be the best character in the game, hell even people who don't main Sheik such as Esam, Nairo and Dabuz agree she is the best character in the game.

The power difference is smaller then before, but there is a clearish top 10 who stand out, but you are right there. It's alot easier for other characters to do better.

Edited by Jedi

With the ballot ending soon, do you think we'll see something at the end of this week or sometime next week?

Of course she's not this god.

She's this goddess.

The only playable goddess in this game is Palutena. Edited by Tsunami922

Oh, they discovered shield stun is increased. I think stuff like this a true block string:

https://twitter.com/gazer2014/status/649222545107873793

Bomb down throw>sweetspot nair>dsmash breaks full shields

And this somewhat explains the nerf to Marth/Lucina/DK's shield breakers, I suppose. With easier shield pressure, powerful shield breakers would be pretty scary. I'm excited to see what such a fundamental change to the game will result in.

This DLC is actually pretty awful.

Pirate Ship, which while being a great stage in itself, has a mishmash of random music and has no cohesive elements at all. I mean, the previous past stages stuck to 6 songs.

Would:
Dragon Roost Island (Remix)

Molgera Battle
The Great Sea
Wind Waker HD Title Theme

The Legendary Hero

Outset Island

Have been so difficult? In fact, it would likely be amazing. There's no musical dissonance with how they flat out reused content here. Likewise, while I don't care for the Mario Maker stage in of itself, the Title Theme Remix, Mario 3 Ground Theme, Fortress Boss (original), Mario World Ground Theme, Title Theme (Original), and Giga Baby Bowser (original) would have been perfectly fine. The Mii Costumes are also underwhelming as usual. I mean, I love Viridi, but Viridi alone doesn't cut it. I'm really hoping that if there are any more new stages, that they are Arowana Mall and New Los Angeles. If there is no Xenoblade X music or stage, I'mma riot

I mean:
Xenoblade X Medley (because originality) Songs: New Los Angeles, CODENAMEZ, Noctilum - Day

Uncontrollable

THEMEX
MONOX
Mira Introduction Theme
The Key We've Lost

And maybe:
Beyond the Sky

Colony 9 - Day

Eryth Sea - Day

actually, I'll etcetera because I could name Xenoblade music for literal days.

also yeah while giga baby bowser's theme would make no sense i don't care <3

Edited by Franziska von Karma

music

I am more annoyed that the Mario Paint medley wasn't an option for the Mario Maker stage. A game that references Mario Paint everywhere and it's not part of the song selection.

Also Esam has posted his initial impression and he shows us a way to deal with Lucario's B special while in shield. @5:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-Cqb1VwrA&t=313

lucario's neutral is limited. he has a workable jab and tilts, but their range is awful and their speed isn't sheik levels of amazing. he gets a massive upgrade at higher % because fully charged aura sphere is fantastic and force palm can sort of be used to zone. wavebounce aura sphere cancels are probably good too but i don't know how useful since i haven't used lucario seriously enough to confidently say.

Edited by PichuMaster3000

What in the world am I reading? I don't have the reflexes for these things.

Yeah I only play Melee on occasion, I'd have to do quite a few things if I were more dedicated lmao.

I just saw one of the users named Masterofhyrule found a new change that was tweaked in the 1.1.1 Patch that was in one of Female Robin's Victory Pose. But, does anyone remember if that wave from Robin's Levin Sword appeared in the previous patch was just short and it was the only change for Female Robin, I couldn't remembered if it was in or wasn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4IP7yM-IyU

And also, I managed to download the Pirate Ship in my Wii U console, but I really like the Viridi's and the Business Suits Mii Fighter Costumes that they looked pretty cool. And even the Toad costume looks pretty looking buffy and looked more like a mutant looks pretty hilarious.

Edited by King Marth 64

I am more annoyed that the Mario Paint medley wasn't an option for the Mario Maker stage. A game that references Mario Paint everywhere and it's not part of the song selection.

Whaaat. That's a total bummer. D: I wanted to play that music in the stage too! Because you're right, Mario Maker has a lot of Mario Paint references. I played Mario Paint all the time back in the day, so I recognized every one of them, from the exercise guys for loading icons to the exploding rocket ship to erase everything, to some of the music. Damn it, Sakurai... :(

Pirate Ship, which while being a great stage in itself, has a mishmash of random music

It was like that in Brawl (Village of the Blue Maiden and Gerudo Valley, anyone), so I don't get why you're whinging.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

What in the world am I reading? I don't have the reflexes for these things.

you can anticipate it and spam the l and r buttons. it would eventually become automatic like how most players are good at survival DI.