M. Bison Looks Like A Train Conductor (Street Fighter Topic)

Randoman

Has anyone else thought that when they first saw him?

Anyways, this is a general Street Fighter topic. What games have you played? Who are your mains?

I've played Street Fighter II (all SNES versions), Street Fighter Alpha II, and a bit of Street Fighter IV from other people's houses.

I main Vega, M. Bison, Ryu, Ken, and Guile. I've been trying to learn Dhalsim, Fei Long, and Dan.

I've played most of the street fighter 2s, Third Strike, alpha 2, 3, Street fighter 4 and da arcade edition. Street fighter is prolly my favorite fighting game series next to marvel vs capcom and KoF

I main Guile, Cody, And Yang. Sometimes i use dan for lols

Edited by Ice Sage

Never thought of Bison that way but first time seeing Balrog reminded me of Mike Tyson.

I played nearly every SF game.

SF II, Champion, Hyper, Rainbow

SSF II New Challengers

SF Alpha 1,2,3

SF EX, EX2

SF Third Strike

Pocket Fighters

Xmen vs SF, MSH vs SF

Marvel vs Capcom, 2

Capcom vs SNK, 2

SF IV, Arcade Edition

Most favorite char to play Ryu.

Others I like playing Ken, Akuma, Sagat, Guile, Charlie

I didn't like any of the SF games on the SNES or Sega Genesis. The timing was not like the Arcade and the game just felt different.

I play schoolgirls + Yun in any game they appear in.

schoolgirls being Sakura, Ibuki, and Makoto.

With the exception of Sakura I guess I really like 3rd Strike.

And I was like an A rank Dan on SSF4 before they wiped the leaderboards with Arcade Edition

Edited by PKLucas531

I always thought he was a Air plane pilot.

I guess I can see that. Come to think of it, he looks like a sailor as well, except he wears mostly red instead of the traditional white a sailor wears. Hmm... Sailor Bison...

Augh... bad mental images. No more thinking about "Sailor Bison."

Never thought of Bison that way but first time seeing Balrog reminded me of Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson actually was what inspired Balrog's design. Actually, in the Japanese version, Balrog was called M. Bison as a parody off Mike Tyson. However, they changed M. Bison's name so it belong to the red Shadaloo leader (he went by Vega in Japan), instead of the African American boxer, to prevent lawsuits from occurring. They also didn't feel that Vega was a threatening enough name for the main villain. Balrog in Japan is actually the claw wielding cage fighter (Vega in English countries), but they changed his name to Vega.

So basically:

Character Description: Japanese ---> English:

African American Boxer: M. Bison ---> Balrog (to prevent lawsuits from ripping off of Mike Tyson)

Claw Wielding Cage Fighter: Balrog ---> Vega

Red Clad Leader of Shadaloo: Vega ---> M. Bison (because Vega didn't sound threatening enough for a main villain in English)

And I was like an A rank Dan on SSF4 before they wiped the leaderboards with Arcade Edition

Mind sharing a few Dan tips with me? I've been trying to pick him up in Street Fighter Alpha 2, and things are progressing slowly when it comes to learning him.

I get that his Gadoken should be treated as a decent ranged melee attack and not a projectile. I know his down, backward, kick attack has a slow first hit, but I don't really know how to get the most of it besides starting early. And I don't know how his Shoryuken differs from the others.

I always thought M. Bison looked like a soviet. Either way, although I love Street Fighter, I admit I suck terribly in that game and any cool stunt I pull while playing is based on sheer luck.

Is this about mains or M. Bison. I always thought he was some eyeless guy in a red suit with a hat. Uninteresting.

Balrog, Rose, Makoto, Hakan represent.

Bison looks more like a naval fleet commander to me. Anyway, back when I still owned a copy of Super Street Fighter IV, my favorite characters were Cody, Balrog, Akuma, Honda, Juri, and Gen. They were fun for a time.