Two versions?

Knife

I don't see the problem here?

You don't? You must be one of those rich people I've heard of.

I gotta buy two things to get the enjoyment that I should get from one game. That ain't easy for some of us in the real world.

(although I guess things would really be harsh if I could afford games at all)

IMO, the Wii u version looks better. It has HD graphics, and I'd rather not play with the screen size of a handheld.

Right now my only concern is version-exclusive content. Though if there is a way to still access in some way, then I'm not worried.

I'll be fine with two versions so long as characters are the same between versions. I think it would be interesting if exclusive stages and such could be released as DLC for the other version, or as a connection bonus for linking the two.

I'm fine with just buying the 3DS version instead of a Wii U + the HD version. It would be a different story if the 3DS got less characters or if there were version-exclusive characters, but Sakurai already said all characters will be in both. I don't mind not getting the same stages, so meh.