Enter: The Arena - Fire Emblem Character discussion Thread.

TharjaAssault

Actually, it's Roy, Chrom, and Lucina, in that order. Unless you're going to make the hypocritical statement that polls suddenly don't count, that should be the order for character popularity in the context of Super Smash Bros. If it was in the context of Fire Emblem, it's probably more along the lines of Roy, Lucina, Chrom (Japan) or Lucina, Chrom, Roy (International).

I think he's talking about personal preferences

either way, chill out

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ChronoBound on Smashboards did mention that Ike was among the Top 10 most wanted characters for SSBB, so I'd imagined a lot of people like him.

Heh, I'm not surprised in the least bit. Ike also made the top ten in a poll awhile back for the most wanted characters for SSB4. He beat out Chrom and Roy, but not Marth. He was RIGHT behind Marth, I think. Ike was #9 with Marth at #8, I believe.

All I can say is...WE LIKE IKE! <3

Edited by Anacybele

Heh, I'm not surprised in the least bit. Ike also made the top ten in a poll awhile back for the most wanted characters for SSB4. He beat out Chrom and Roy, but not Marth. He was RIGHT behind Marth, I think. Ike was #9 with Marth at #8, I believe.

All I can say is...WE LIKE IKE! <3

I distinctly recall Roy being the top Fire Emblem character in the most recent poll (although maybe that one didn't have Marth/Ike on it)

Edited by shadykid

I distinctly recall Roy being the top Fire Emblem character in the most recent poll (although maybe that one didn't have Marth/Ike on it)

That was probably the last poll that didn't include the veterans in Brawl, there Roy was indeed the most popular Fire Emblem character. Though in the most recent poll, Roy is below Marth and Ike, but above pretty much everyone else in terms of Fire Emblem characters.

Edited by Gelato

Actually, it's Roy, Chrom, and Lucina, in that order. Unless you're going to make the hypocritical statement that polls suddenly don't count, that should be the order for character popularity in the context of Super Smash Bros. If it was in the context of Fire Emblem, it's probably more along the lines of Roy, Lucina, Chrom (Japan) or Lucina, Chrom, Roy (International).

Well, when I make a prediction and likelihood, I try my best to be right, so I will always go with what is the most likely scenario, even if it goes against fan opinion. I'll take fan popularity into consideration, but I don't think it's the deciding factor. It's just one factor that goes with a multitude of factors. I think they weigh differently with different characters and different franchises, so it really personal preference when it comes to making a prediction.

I think he's talking about personal preferences

either way, chill out

Thanks.

The second prediction is more personal preference put into it.

I think Fort Alpea would make a great stage for the Wii U Version. Its the level I remember most of from Radiant Dawn (mainly because the Greil Mercernaries return scene). Although Lucia probably won't be waiting to be executed; after all it's a family game.

I'd be okay with Anna. I actually like her, mostly in PoR and RD though. Her comments in the tutorials crack me up a lot (and this is the only reason I do the tuts every time I play through these games lol). XD

Edited by Anacybele

Nobody ever stated it was impossible.

yeah but Monado>Roy's sissy sword

but in all seriousness, Roy isn't really the heavy swordfighter type, so there's a lot of overlap there

Edited by shadykid

yeah but Monado>Roy's sissy sword

I don't see the Monado healing Shulk. Nor launching projectiles. But whatever, both are cool. If you are just going to troll then I suggest you stop talking unless you are going to be serious about discussion.

I don't think Roy can be unique enough compared to Marth either. He certainly can have a couple different moves and fire added to his sword, but for the most part, I can't see him being much different at all. And Sakurai wants more unique characters this time, so I doubt Roy will be returning.

I don't think Roy can be unique enough compared to Marth either. He certainly can have a couple different moves and fire added to his sword, but for the most part, I can't see him being much different at all. And Sakurai wants more unique characters this time, so I doubt Roy will be returning.

this

also silly Jedi, Shulk has a heal ingame even if it isn't a Monado Art

also what the heck is Monado Purge if its not a projectile

And Sakurai wants more unique characters this time, so I doubt Roy will be returning.

Chrom and Lucina are there for debunked then.

Edited by Gelato

Chrom has the advantage of being the most recent main lord and having Arena Ferox as a stage. He's not very unique either, but he has a better chance of getting in than Roy because of other things.

Edited by Anacybele

From what I've seen of Binding Blade, Roy actually isn't that similar to Marth in terms of fighting style, especially when he wields his signature swords. Neither is Lucina for that matter. She uses a two handed sword style that is rather than stabs.

If we are talking in terms of light vs heavy, I wouldn't worry about that too much. If Ike in RD form there will be at least one heavy, but even then I don't think you should focus on that. It's different movesets that matter more. As I recall, Mario and Luigi are similar in terms of weight. I think the differences in weight and speed will be like those between Falco and Fox, and that seems to work for them.

And to be quite honest, potential swordfighters like Lucina, Chrom, Anna, and Roy all have diverse enough fighting styles to have their own unique moveset. After all, as lords or in your default class, you really only have like two distinct attacks (normal and critical hits). Maybe if you're lucky and look different with your signature sword.

I'm really late to this but if I had to order my characters from most wanted to least wanted, it'd go like this: Lyn, Ephraim & Eirika duo (Zelda/Sheik style), Roy to return, Micaiah, Chrom. And ya know, keep Marth and Ike :P:

So Ephraim "transforms" into his sister...

What?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I think he meant that the player would be able to switch between Ephraim and Eirika, sort of like how Pokemon Trainer does with his Pokemon, just without using Pokeballs or other such summoning object. But I find this idea would fit a Chrom and Lucina duo better, as it would be a nice shoutout to the pair up system in Awakening.

Yes... I meant more along the lines of the Pokemon Trainer, but since there's only two of them and not three of them like with the Pokemon Trainer, I said Zelda/Sheik. Also I think it'd fit both Ephraim & Eirik, AND Chrom & Lucina well, buuuuuuut I don't want Lucina in Smash Bros. :P:

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Would a duo feature even be plausible for these next games? It would be a very tricky thing to implement from a technical standpoint, and of course there is always the risk of causing imbalance issues, whether from being too powerful or too impractical.