"C'MON!" - F-Zero Character Discussion

TharjaAssault

I can't imagine an F Zero character really being added, the Cap is probably enough. Blood Falcon would probably end up as a clone (the irony), and Black Shadow looks like another Ganondorf.

I can't imagine an F Zero character really being added, the Cap is probably enough. Blood Falcon would probably end up as a clone (the irony), and Black Shadow looks like another Ganondorf.

Woulden't Goroh have the chance to be changed up from the good Captain?

I don't think anyone other than Captain Falcon has a real chance of making it to SSB4. There hasn't been an F-Zero game for a long time, but it's probably too recent to be part of the whole "representing old franchises more" thing either.

also this topic should be named show me your moves

Edited by Liquid Snake

I don't think a new F-Zero rep is all that likely, sadly.

I definitely would welcome one though. Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow seem like the most likely ones, though I could also see Jody Summers and her "Jody Slap" from the anime making it in (I kid, but it'd be funny if that was added and the move was performed similarly to the Falcon Punch).

I'd also want to see Dr. Stewart, though that may not be likely since they won't have as much to work with with Dr. Stewart compared to other F-Zero characters. F-Zero GX did show in his Master Difficulty clip that he's quite athletic with his aerobatic exercises and the anime did show him using injection guns (if they can have Snake breaking necks, I don't see why they can't have injection guns in Smash Bros), so they could use that. I also see Dr. Stewart as the closest thing Captain Falcon has to a partner (since Dr. Stewart is the only other good guy in the F-Zero original 4).

I would personally love to see Samurai Goroh make it to the roster. He has moveset potential. Sadly, there hasn't been a new F-Zero game in a long time, meaning he might just remain as an AT, but keep in mind that recentness isn't everything. At the time Melee came out, Ocarina of Time was not the most recent Zelda game, and yet, we got Shiek.

Captain Falcon though is manly enough to represent F-Zero on his own.

I thinnk Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow aren't too much of a stretch. It isn't about properly "representing a franchise" so much as picking fun/popular characters to play as.

Edited by TharjaAssault

• 8 months later...