ATTN: People who beat up Wario's bike

Rehab

Wario is the greatest character ever created in video game history. Shut up if you disagree. Wario is also great in Brawl, not just great though. I believe that Mac is right.

No.

I'm sick to death of these stupid, pointless arguments. I swear if anyone does anything even remotely like flame baiting or inciting a flame/troll war then I will not warn, but suspend.

(although i acknowledge that wario's good. i don't believe there is a best)

Edited by Metal Arc

No.

I'm sick to death of these stupid, pointless arguments. I swear if anyone does anything even remotely like flame baiting or inciting a flame/troll war then I will not warn, but suspend.

(although i acknowledge that wario's good. i don't believe there is a best)

I agree with the last line. Every one is entitled to their own opinion and personally there isn't a best character, only the best character you are good at.

Anybody noticed I haven't tried particularly hard to argue which of the "best" characters Wario is better than and why, when I've done that sort of thing in the past without much restraint? That's because the whole thing was supposed to be about the bike and my liking Wario. I just threw in "Wario is the best character in this game" to drive home how much I like the character. Just a fun, stupid Wario fan-club kind of topic.

Maybe I should start bolding, underlining or capitalizing every single god damned thing I say that's meant as a joke. Would that help?

If you want to go by everybody else's definition of best, and not "the most awesome person to play/win as if you're me," then the best character is Metaknight. There. Would anybody actually prefer to argue about that? Because I wouldn't.

Wario's awesome, enough said already.

Edited by Mac

Anybody noticed I haven't tried particularly hard to argue which of the "best" characters Wario is better than and why, when I've done that sort of thing in the past without much restraint? That's because the whole thing was supposed to be about the bike and my liking Wario. I just threw in "Wario is the best character in this game" to drive home how much I like the character. Just a fun, stupid Wario fan-club kind of topic.

Maybe I should start bolding, underlining or capitalizing every single god damned thing I say that's meant as a joke. Would that help?

If you want to go by everybody else's definition of best, and not "the most awesome person to play/win as if you're me," then the best character is Metaknight. There. Would anybody actually prefer to argue about that? Because I wouldn't.

Wario's awesome, enough said already.

I had a big reply ready, but my internet went retarded, so I'll do a quick simplification of it:

I hate Wario for personal reasons.

I don't think Metaknight is great at all.

Ask me to elaborate if you wish.

Wario has an annoying bike and one of the worst recoveries. Not to mention he's a heavyweight, so no thank you

As for Metaknight, his strength lies in doing little damage a lot. Basically, this means that a lot of his moves are combos, just smacking his opponent a bunch and inching their damage up. Doing the homerun contests showed me how weak his attacks were. He just combos the hell out of everyone. A strategy that's not for me

I had a big reply ready, but my internet went retarded, so I'll do a quick simplification of it:

Well, Metaknight is pretty good, even though I disagree with Doom's tier list. His edgeguarding is what really makes him good, but that doesn't seem to be a strategy most players utilize often.

Wario has an annoying bike and one of the worst recoveries. Not to mention he's a heavyweight, so no thank you

Actually, he's more of a mediumweight. You'd think he'd be heavyweight, due to him being fat, but he's too agile to be a proper heavyweight. One of the worst recoveries? Have you seen that motorcycle in action? It's there for more than just offense purposes. I'm a pretty good Wario player, I can show you what he's all about. I already added you for the Round Robin Tournament, so you can face me whenever you see me on. (which I should be on for a good while after church today) I will admit I can be clumsy at times and will occasionally make stupid mistakes. (like roll right into your attacks) It depends if I'm fully awake or not.

Edited by Kintenbo

If it's that you don't like Wario as a character, because he's fat, ugly, jerkish, et cetera, that's fine. That does not correspond to him being an ineffective character, though, and without any bias from me, he is both unique and effective as far as Brawl goes.

As for Metaknight, it's not worth trying to question that he's very good. His insane, pretty much immediate speed and priority over almost every character in the game in every situation makes him really, really good, and his range doesn't bring him down much against anybody but maybe Snake or DK, who have to competently outspace him the whole time. Even a Metaknight that just spammed specials for a whole game would have a fair chance of beating some of the characters assuming he spammed smartly, since they're so retarded in terms of priority and are so difficult to punish. He absolutely destroys something like half the cast, maybe more. It's considered a crowning achievement to be able to fight on something like even ground with the dude.

He's too fast to be really effectively camped. He has great multijumps. It's borderline impossible to not recover with him if you know what you're doing. He has pretty much the best priority in the game. His worthwhile kill moves are fantastic. He can get through a shield like nobody else's business. And he's pretty much impossible to punish. You can't even just beat him in a normal fashion. You have to pretty much outplay a Metaknight every step of the game to win, because he has so much going over everybody else.

If it's that you don't like Wario as a character, because he's fat, ugly, jerkish, et cetera, that's fine. That does not correspond to him being an ineffective character, though, and without any bias from me, he is both unique and effective as far as Brawl goes.

As for Metaknight, it's not worth trying to question that he's very good. His insane, pretty much immediate speed and priority over almost every character in the game in every situation makes him really, really good, and his range doesn't bring him down much against anybody but maybe Snake or DK, who have to competently outspace him the whole time. Even a Metaknight that just spammed specials for a whole game would have a fair chance of beating some of the characters assuming he spammed smartly, since they're so retarded in terms of priority and are so difficult to punish. He absolutely destroys something like half the cast, maybe more. It's considered a crowning achievement to be able to fight on something like even ground with the dude.

He's too fast to be really effectively camped. He has great multijumps. It's borderline impossible to not recover with him if you know what you're doing. He has pretty much the best priority in the game. His worthwhile kill moves are fantastic. He can get through a shield like nobody else's business. And he's pretty much impossible to punish. You can't even just beat him in a normal fashion. You have to pretty much outplay a Metaknight every step of the game to win, because he has so much going over everybody else.

I know Meta Knight is really uber as a character once trained right. At least he isn't Melee Fox uber. Good thing no one on this site mains Meta Knight.

Also, note that Pikachu is a really handy counter to Meta Knight.