FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And also, I just looked at this thread about Sophia and Igrene Support that some of them said that this might have been a mistake if this was either a Mistranslation for the FE6 patch or it might be a goof? But, I just wanted to clarify it if this might to fix the problem for this version of the patch?

C Support with Igrene

• Igrene: Sophia, are you all right?
  • Sophia: ...Oh...Igrene... Yes...I'm fine... I'm just...a little dizzy...
  • Igrene: Don't stress yourself if you're not feeling well.
  • Sophia: Yes... The outside world...it's so big... I'm a little... excited...
  • Igrene: Well, you've never been outside of Arcadia. You can ask me anything... I know the outside world fairly well, so I can explain things to you.
  • Sophia: Yes...

And also, I just looked at this thread about Sophia and Igrene Support that some of them said that this might have been a mistake if this was either a Mistranslation for the FE6 patch or it might be a goof? But, I just wanted to clarify it if this might to fix the problem for this version of the patch?

FE6 was made before FE7. If anything, FE7 has the error. (though IIRC, some of the supports in the older tranlsation did some wonky things)

Edited by L95

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Yodel's katakana is Yooderu. Yoder would not be Yooderu, but rather Yoodaa.

デル = Er is a hugely common equivalency

Yoodaa would not be rendered anything remotely like what katakana appear above there.

FE6 was made before FE7. If anything, FE7 has the error. (though IIRC, some of the supports in the older tranlsation did some wonky things)

I checked the Japanese script, and it is pretty heavily implied that it's Sophia's first time out of the village. I guess I could reword it to make it less definite, but I consider it an error on the part of the developers.

Not every name needs to have some symbolic or historic meaning behind it.

Didn't address this earlier, but you're right. Still, when there's one that's so fitting and is an exact match to the katakana, it makes me wonder if they messed up the "l" and "r" in his official spelling.

I'll probably go with Yoder to avoid the Spanish expletive association in addition to the other stuff.

OK. Time for me to look like a prick.

We Have "Jerrot" (Pronounced Djerrot, I guess), Jahn (pronunced "Yahn, normaly), and Juno (could go both way).

Could this be considered a problem, or is this OK ?

What's the problem exactly? Having different pronunciations is basically a fact of J.

I don't think the "correct" pronunciation should be forced down player's throats if there's nothing wrong with the spelling. How many people do you think pronounced "Guy" (ghee) correctly for example?

Hi there.

I would like to play FE6 Hard Mode without having to beat the game first. Is there a rom/patch (forgive my terminology-fail) that has that option available from the start?

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh… I was looking for a translation patch and without thinking posted this question^ in what I'm sure is the wrong topic. Sorry. Wasn't thinking.

Edited by bzsm

Hi there.

I would like to play FE6 Hard Mode without having to beat the game first. Is there a rom/patch (forgive my terminology-fail) that has that option available from the start?

Thanks.

If there isn't you can download and start with someone else's save where Hard Mode is already unlocked. I remember finding saves around GameFAQs years ago, so this might be a place to check out.

Next to that you could probably unlock it with an action replay code, but I'm not sure if anyone had made one yet.

Okay, I looked around and can't find a better place to ask this… again sorry if this is the wrong place.

Um… dumb question but, how to I open a .sav file in Visual Boy Advance (for mac)? I… well… to be honest I figured it'd be easy. Apparently it isn't.

It's named the same thing as the .gba file (except for the extension), it's in the same folder, etc. …uhhhh… hm.

Okay, I looked around and can't find a better place to ask this again sorry if this is the wrong place.

Um dumb question but, how to I open a .sav file in Visual Boy Advance (for mac)? I well to be honest I figured it'd be easy. Apparently it isn't.

It's named the same thing as the .gba file (except for the extension), it's in the same folder, etc. uhhhh hm.

Do you mean how do you use the save file that you downloaded? Rename it to the same thing as your rom and then put it in VBAs save directory. Where that is on a mac, I have no idea. You should be able to specify it through VBAs settings.

Along with that, I seem to remember many GBA saves on GameFAQs being in a GameShark format, as the GameShark was an easy way to dump and load save files to share. On the latest Windows VBA version, there was an option in one of the drop down menus to import save files. I think the ones I'm talking about were called GameShark snapshots. Maybe check out and see if you have a similar feature?

Unless the save is just generic sram, which any emulator should load, usually by having both the save file and the ROM named the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

About the Bonus Event Maps, I remembered that Aveyn Knight (VincentASM) did posted the save file of the FE12 DLC Maps + Rainbow Potion for sharing with the Fire Emblem 12 players with the Emulators in the Heroes of Light and Shadows website. But, do we think that we can ask someone for the Event Maps and then, get it working on it (that we might just put only the unlocked Event Maps on the save file) and then, post the Event Map Save File to this thread when its the Event Maps Translations complete?

Right now I think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to obtain those maps through remotely legitimate means. The only way I can see them plausibly being put in the game is if someone recreates them from scratch and inserts them into the game.

I guarantee that somewhere, someone has a copy of FE6 with a bonus map on it. The problems are:

a) Finding this person

b) Communicating with them, since obviously they're Japanese

c) This person being willing and able to upload their save

d) In all likelihood, combining multiple saves into a single file, since I doubt anyone ever had all four maps together

And of course, with maps distributed in very limited numbers to winners of contests and tournaments, there's a good chance some of them were lost. If a Japanese speaker asked around Japanese Fire Emblem boards, there's some chance one of the fifty copies of Graizel Execution Court would turn up. But there were only ever ten each of the V- and J-Type maps, and at this point I'm not fully convinced that Defeat Bandits ever even existed at all.

If anyone feels like poking around in the Japanese community, feel free. But know that I already did Google searches using the Japanese names of the maps and no download links turned up. I don't speak Japanese, so I could easily have missed something. But that means that tracking down any of these maps would be an involved process that probably only a Japanese speaker could manage. It seems like actually getting any of these into the game, let alone all of them, is a dream at best. And honestly? The maps don't look very good anyway. Unless someone seriously intends to reconstruct them, making up things like enemy placement to fill in the gaps, it's probably best just to forget about them.

About the Bonus Event Maps, I remembered that Aveyn Knight (VincentASM) did posted the save file of the FE12 DLC Maps + Rainbow Potion for sharing with the Fire Emblem 12 players with the Emulators in the Heroes of Light and Shadows website. But, do we think that we can ask someone for the Event Maps and then, get it working on it (that we might just put only the unlocked Event Maps on the save file) and then, post the Event Map Save File to this thread when its the Event Maps Translations complete?

I'd like to note, there is a big difference between the FE12 DLC and FE6's situation. The FE12 "DLC" is simply unlocked by online connection, it was always there, while to my understanding, the FE6 special maps were literally inserted into the cart, more akin to modern DLC.

Theoretically, even if someone uploaded a save, it may not even work since the map wasn't downloaded to the ROM that you would end up loading it on.

Edited by L95

I thought they gave out special cartridges which were different to the original FE6 with the bonus maps in them. I'd say the most plausible method would be to recreate the maps to the best standard possible.

In the US, I've only seen a few remarks on the FE6 v-jump and other special maps from collector sites, mostly talking about how no one can find it. You're better off checking out Japanese collector messageboards and seeing if a collector would like to donate the game for preservation, or else has other information. Most games of this nature are gathered up like prototypes from various Japanese auction sites.

In terms of having these maps available to gamers now, recreate them, or else we'll be waiting an awfully long time for anything to come up.

It would be infinitely easier to recreate them it would to hunt them down.

You still need to make them accessible from the game itself, granted.

Edited by Siuloir

As I recall, someone already assembled Graizel Execution Court. The problem is, we have no information on enemy placement; the screenshots it's based on are devoid of any units. So even though the map can/ has been reassembled, at some point it's just guess work.

gazou-fe3.gif

That's the best we can probably get for enemy placement in the Graizel map.

I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to find one of the ten people in the world with the V-Jump maps.

How would this be for the V Map?...

horcszR.png?1

Edited by Haku