FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

Unfortunately, no. We've tried. The level-up screen with animations on uses a different set of data than the one without animations. With animations on, it points to a single segment of text where there's a line break after every two characters. Getting it right will either require some advanced wizardry to change that OR we could trick the game by inserting new "characters" that are actually multiple characters (IE "S" and "tr" for "Str", "Sk" and "ill" for "Skill", etc.). We haven't been able to get either to work as of yet, but then, we're not exactly the most advanced "hackers" around.

Ah, makes sense. Other than Nightmare, I know absolutely nothing about hex editing, so it was something I just wanted to let loose. As for tricking the game to load different characters, I remember seeing a program not GBAGE that allowed the editing of such characters used for other games (ie. different fonts for Pokemon ROM hacks) and I'm pretty sure the original translation team used it. There are some unused Japanese characters that can be accessed in the Link Arena that we might be able to fix up for the level-up screen.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i found this glitch with the patch unfortunately i cant get a picture of it. but if you have weapon triangle advantage and press r to look at info before you attack it says "your damage and hit rate are increased because you have the weapon triangle advantage" but you can only see half of because and advantage. this doesn't occur with neutral weapons or disadvantage weapons.

for the sake of reference, here's a screenshot of that in action

sD2Xnrn.png

should be pretty easy to remedy with a shorter text string. fortunately, fe7 and fe8's string here is pretty brief, if a bit bizarre in how it chooses to describe the weapon triangle phenomenon:

m7YKRas.png

Wow. That's less engrishy but too specific to even fit in the text bubble. I always forget you could press R on that screen to look at that sort of stuff. If I remember right, FE7 and FE8 had the same help info text, so it would seem off that FE6 is inconsistant with it. Besides, it didn't look like the localization team had much of a choice with the whole "well suited" part.

Could just change it to "Weapon triangle advantage. Hit % up and power increase."

You could get rid of the up and just leave it as "Weapon triangle advantage. Hit % and damage increase."

But going with what is in FE7/8 seems like a good idea too.

Edited by L95

K so i was playing a trial map when i realized that yoder was broken as shit and very glitchy he had 52 res. i loaded 2 different files and both were the same. i dont have the number patch only translation and when i checked unpatched japan rom he was normal. does anyone else have this problem?

Z4ak3Ff.png1EAWDOw.png

FEditor has a patch that causes all saved unit stats to be added onto the unit's original bases (this is in order to allow stats to exceed 31)

so if you were to apply the new translation into a game in progress, all your units' stats would be boosted by their bases

Well that's kinda...brutal. Guess FEditor's original creators didn't want to go through FE6's ridiculous earlygame difficulty. Is there any way to remove that?

Since we're on the topic, here is another mug that FE8 doesn't like, if anyone sees some correlation. (it looks like an issue with the upper right part of the hackbox?) 84AtCgP.png

Try putting her portrait over a larger/taller character. That is sometimes helpful.

Also, wow, you really are absurdly good at dragons.

Edited by Siuloir

Just wanted to drop my two cents on the topic of FE8 mugs.

From what I see right now, there is an 8x8 pixel wide block on both topmost corners of the mug's head that aren't occupied in some way in FE8's native mugs but are used in these two mugs. Said 8x8 space shouldn't be filled in to begin with. Otherwise we get the results shown above.

URXXnck.png

Shameless editing without permission. Don't kill me, plz.

Something like this should work in-game. The area in the black, crossed out boxes are what should be ignored. Just fill in that space with the transparent color and the game should read it fine.

Also that is a really cute transformed Fae mug. Definitely makes her less bland in conversations. (Medeus in FE12 was the only transformed manakete mug I saw before this)

Aren't mugs uncompressed in FE8? If FEditor fucks even that up, maybe it needs some work...

"FEditor needs work" - everyone, ever

(for the record i agree with you)

Unless it's FE7, everybody will want FEditor fixed. The thing was made with FE7 in mind and nothing more. We could just remake it from scratch, but who'd want to do that?

it doesn't really work for fe7 either

i've spent literally 3 years doing various QoL fixes and shit for FEditor and it still is pretty bad on all counts (see: broken metadata system, forces user to update checksum, etc)

there is something on the horizon that will obselete feditor but i don't know how long before it's finished

Edited by CT075

Are you talking about FEXNA or something else? FEXNA looks cool, but I don't think games made through it will be playable on GBA emulators.

Also I guess it's high time I edited a note into the first post about applying a patch to a game in progress.

...I've also found a few errors and apparent mistranslations in my last playthrough in the Sacae route so expect an update soon. Hopefully we can get the class names in the opening scroll fixed, too.