i think they did that to make haar even more op, so people wouldn't notice his 30% speed growth.

But with BEXp and his speed base of 20 it hardly matters.

I think tomes could work-

Thunder- most powerful, has crit

Fire- middle if the road, has things like killer tomes (Blazer?), Meteor and anti-cavalry tomes and such

Wind- effective on fliers, but weak.

I had a water tome idea (things like Elwater an the Fimbulvtr) that would be between both fire an thunder in the magic cycle and in terms of power, but that was just one of my ideas.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they did that to make haar even more op, so people wouldn't notice his 30% speed growth.

XD

But with BEXp and his speed base of 20 it hardly matters.

I think tomes could work-

Thunder- most powerful, has crit

Fire- middle if the road, has things like killer tomes (Blazer?), Meteor and anti-cavalry tomes and such

Wind- effective on fliers, but weak.

I had a water tome idea (things like Elwater an the Fimbulvtr) that would be between both fire an thunder in the magic cycle and in terms of power, but that was just one of my ideas.

... Oooh. If Fire had their own critical-boosting tomes that would be PERFECT. Either that or they could have the tome version of brave weapons. Fire got seriously shafted in Awakening, save for the Valflame tome adding +5 to magic.

Valflame was the best. And when you crit with it?

*Boom*

Given awakenings admittedly weak animations, it's even more satisfying.

Ohmygosh. I can top that.

Henry's laughter + Valflame + Lethality + Critical.

SO MUCH WIN.

Yeah, the animations in Awakening aren't my favorites. I thought they were really nice at first and then I saw the animation for Astra in RD... I was blown away.

My cast seems to have their own unique animation after they defeat an enemy - like Terra will do a backflip and point the lance at the opponent (or what's left of them), Windsor will close his tome and turn away, Olivier will stab his sword into the ground and fold his arms, Laurel will unnotch an arrow from her bow and draw a heart in the air with it, etc. It's actually pretty cool, although that would be annoying to program.

Better yet:

Berserker Henry with Hauteclere

Lethality (Im gonna kill you!)

Crit (HAHAHAHA!)

Sheer insanity

Henry's amazing. But if we lapsed into the awesome that is Henry, we'd seriously derail the thread. XD

If I get a decent amount of sleep tonight, I should be able to update tomorrow morning. And promote Laurel for flying mounted bow action!

Edited by Vashiane

Henry is pretty baws, but regarding tomes;

Isn't wind the one with Brave? Celica's Gale or something?

So each element overall could have some sort of Effectiveness (triple might yay) and then also have special tomes that do things.

Like howzabout....

Light: Got nothing here. Maybe a little self-healing? On an incidental level like Sol rather than a direct lifetap like Nosferatu. Or perhaps self-buffs to status condition, like Wrath or...some other ostensibly positive thing.

Wind: Already got Brave, why not stick with it? Astra with Brave tomes...lawl.

Thunder: It already is the only tome type with natural crit, why not take it to the next level and make Killer Bolts? As it stands I dont think Thunder > Dragons was to buff Haar so much as it was to buff Ilyana, since in RD Thunder tomes got hit with the nerf bat HAAR'D. Lowest base Might, Lowest base Hit, only base Crit but not high enough to really count on those crits like with Killer weapons.

Fire: Perhaps a way of amplifying raw damage, like with Magic and Speed bonuses? I dunno here. Fire has always been a sort of "nothing special, but a good choice for what to use outside of advantage scenarios for the other types" to me.

Dark: If you're going with status effects, this is totally where you want the bulk of em.

Good luck with the dreaming thing. This at-will and mostly-remembered dreaming stuff makes me so jelly I wobbble.

If you can't tell, I adore casters >.>

By the way, is Lorelei a legit Light Mage (something incredibly uncommon) or some kind of Clergyperson class (light tomes, light tomes EVERYWHERE), potentially promoted?

Late edit because implications never really set in: Bow Knights. On dragons.

FUCKING. WIN.

Edited by Ikorus

• 2 weeks later...

The downside to getting most of this information from my head is that my brain is a complete scumbag when it wants to be. So it gave me more support conversations. Honestly. While okay, the fluff-fest that is Iris and Calanthe is still fluffy, and WIndsor and Grima actually has some of Windsor's history in it (not mention getting Terra and Nonery's B, Amaranth and Olivier's C, and Amaranth and Narcisse's C) do you actually want to hear about that?

It's fine, because I actually managed to get some gameplay information.

So it turns out that once a character's collective level has hit twenty, they learn their very own personal skill. For example, say your character is level 11, with 70 experience when they promote. Once they get to level 9 and have at least 30 experience, boom! Skill learned. Since for some reason I must have done some level grinding, Olivier got a promotion, as did Narcisse and Amaranth. (There's quite a few prizes you can get from completing Finalization Mode - Master Scrolls are one of them.) Anyway:

Amaranth is now a Fire Sage. Her other option was Mage Knight, which gives access to Fire and opens up the other two Anima magics.

And my gosh, the Fire Sage outfit is actually insanely pretty. Or maybe it's just Amaranth's outfit, I'm not sure yet. But Amy's already got this beautiful asymmetrical hairstyle (the right side comes to just above her shoulders, it's cut in a left downward slope until it hits the bottom of her left shoulder, and then the rest of her hair on that side spills down to her hips - IT'S SO PRETTY) and then the outfit is also asymmetrical but but the shorter side, less detailed side is on her left since her hair covers most of it. Gyah. Anyway, she learned HER personal skill too: Gamble. This is Radiant Dawn's version of Gamble, not Awakening's, and it fits her risk-taking personality to a T.

Either way. Her Fire Sage class gives her access to... DAGGERS.

Daggers are, in comparison to Swords, far less accurate but have a MUCH higher innate chance of criticaling than even a Killing Edge. Out of the ones I've seen, the basic D-rank Dagger is ranged, but the C & E-ranked ones are not. They're also the only other thing besides staves that can inflict status effects, and they can only inflict Sleep so far.

It's pretty amazing, and well, leave it to Amy to be as atypical as possible. :)

Now. Draco Archers? Hell yes.

Unfortunately, they are still bow-locked. BUT... mounted units automatically Canto, so that's always helpful. And 8 movement. Yeah. :D And Laurel proves to be amazing as all hell because it turns out her special skill is Paragon. [/squee]

Although I think my favorite personal skill is Narcisse's Stavefaire. It adds +5 to staff range and HP given when healing.

Seriously, that is so OP. Whoever the Troubadour is may just be screwed. Unless they get Aptitude or something.

And Narcisse is now a Bishop! Which means Light Magic!

And it seems that they cap out their experience for each tier at level... 21. Not 20. 21. Explain this, brain?

This is getting pretty technical - not only do we have the personal skills and the class tier options, we also have the morning/afternoon/night boosts as well. It makes every character unique indeed.

I also learned a bit about weapons and tomes.

The weapon triangle is the same as it always is, Lances > Swords > Axes > Lances, and the magic triangle goes like this: Dark > Anima > Light > Dark. So no inner Anima triangle. Daggers and Bows are excluded from the original weapon triangle.

Fire tomes have the highest base Might out of the three Anima tomes, with middling accuracy. Thunder tomes have the highest innate critical chance out of the three, average might and the lowest accuracy. Wind tomes have the highest accuracy, the lowest might. The other tomes don't have an innate critical chance in the tome itself, that comes for the person wielding it.

I've also seen a few special tomes. Meteor seems to have returned, and FIRE now has the -Breaker weapon. It's called Singe, and it acts in a way similar to Awakening's Superior Jolt. It's a B rank tome and has 15 uses. Amaranth is already at C rank, so Singe usage is around the corner. :D

And we're almost done with this update, but I seemed to have forgotten someone's promotion until the very end: Terra's. Now, Terra's is interesting, because this proves that she literally CANNOT wield swords.

Terra's only option is Great Lord, which wields Lances and Axes. Not swords. Why she doesn't get TWO promotion options is something to behold, but if someone wanted a cute girl swinging around a giant axe... congratulations!

Now the only question that remains is this: can she Aether? Ohemgee Aether'ing with a giant Axe. :D :D

The downside to getting most of this information from my head is that my brain is a complete scumbag when it wants to be. So it gave me more support conversations. Honestly. While okay, the fluff-fest that is Iris and Calanthe is still fluffy, and WIndsor and Grima actually has some of Windsor's history in it (not mention getting Terra and Nonery's B, Amaranth and Olivier's C, and Amaranth and Narcisse's C) do you actually want to hear about that?

It's fine, because I actually managed to get some gameplay information.

So it turns out that once a character's collective level has hit twenty, they learn their very own personal skill. For example, say your character is level 11, with 70 experience when they promote. Once they get to level 9 and have at least 30 experience, boom! Skill learned. Since for some reason I must have done some level grinding, Olivier got a promotion, as did Narcisse and Amaranth. (There's quite a few prizes you can get from completing Finalization Mode - Master Scrolls are one of them.) Anyway:

Amaranth is now a Fire Sage. Her other option was Mage Knight, which gives access to Fire and opens up the other two Anima magics.

And my gosh, the Fire Sage outfit is actually insanely pretty. Or maybe it's just Amaranth's outfit, I'm not sure yet. But Amy's already got this beautiful asymmetrical hairstyle (the right side comes to just above her shoulders, it's cut in a left downward slope until it hits the bottom of her left shoulder, and then the rest of her hair on that side spills down to her hips - IT'S SO PRETTY) and then the outfit is also asymmetrical but but the shorter side, less detailed side is on her left since her hair covers most of it. Gyah. Anyway, she learned HER personal skill too: Gamble. This is Radiant Dawn's version of Gamble, not Awakening's, and it fits her risk-taking personality to a T.

Either way. Her Fire Sage class gives her access to... DAGGERS.

Daggers are, in comparison to Swords, far less accurate but have a MUCH higher innate chance of criticaling than even a Killing Edge. Out of the ones I've seen, the basic D-rank Dagger is ranged, but the C & E-ranked ones are not. They're also the only other thing besides staves that can inflict status effects, and they can only inflict Sleep so far.

It's pretty amazing, and well, leave it to Amy to be as atypical as possible. :)

Now. Draco Archers? Hell yes.

Unfortunately, they are still bow-locked. BUT... mounted units automatically Canto, so that's always helpful. And 8 movement. Yeah. :D And Laurel proves to be amazing as all hell because it turns out her special skill is Paragon. [/squee]

Although I think my favorite personal skill is Narcisse's Stavefaire. It adds +5 to staff range and HP given when healing.

Seriously, that is so OP. Whoever the Troubadour is may just be screwed. Unless they get Aptitude or something.

And Narcisse is now a Bishop! Which means Light Magic!

And it seems that they cap out their experience for each tier at level... 21. Not 20. 21. Explain this, brain?

This is getting pretty technical - not only do we have the personal skills and the class tier options, we also have the morning/afternoon/night boosts as well. It makes every character unique indeed.

I also learned a bit about weapons and tomes.

The weapon triangle is the same as it always is, Lances > Swords > Axes > Lances, and the magic triangle goes like this: Dark > Anima > Light > Dark. So no inner Anima triangle. Daggers and Bows are excluded from the original weapon triangle.

Fire tomes have the highest base Might out of the three Anima tomes, with middling accuracy. Thunder tomes have the highest innate critical chance out of the three, average might and the lowest accuracy. Wind tomes have the highest accuracy, the lowest might. The other tomes don't have an innate critical chance in the tome itself, that comes for the person wielding it.

I've also seen a few special tomes. Meteor seems to have returned, and FIRE now has the -Breaker weapon. It's called Singe, and it acts in a way similar to Awakening's Superior Jolt. It's a B rank tome and has 15 uses. Amaranth is already at C rank, so Singe usage is around the corner. :D

And we're almost done with this update, but I seemed to have forgotten someone's promotion until the very end: Terra's. Now, Terra's is interesting, because this proves that she literally CANNOT wield swords.

Terra's only option is Great Lord, which wields Lances and Axes. Not swords. Why she doesn't get TWO promotion options is something to behold, but if someone wanted a cute girl swinging around a giant axe... congratulations!

Now the only question that remains is this: can she Aether? Ohemgee Aether'ing with a giant Axe. :D :D

The not enteresting thing to me here is by far the magic elements. I like the blance of the magic types. It's not my personel preference, but it's okay. The whole daggers thing is cool, but low hit was never really a a thing for them, and since Im not sure if your thief can wield them, it feels weird. But it's just a dream, and still pretty cool.

Draco-Archers? Sorry, had that idea for a while. Terra with an axe? Pretty neat I guess, but nothing to special in my opinion. Aether would be nice though, especially in PoR form when it actually proc-ed. These 'personal skills' sound interesting, but like it would be an awkward and maybe even broken mechanic in a real game. Still, something similar would be cool.

The not enteresting thing to me here is by far the magic elements. I like the blance of the magic types. It's not my personel preference, but it's okay. The whole daggers thing is cool, but low hit was never really a a thing for them, and since Im not sure if your thief can wield them, it feels weird. But it's just a dream, and still pretty cool.

Draco-Archers? Sorry, had that idea for a while. Terra with an axe? Pretty neat I guess, but nothing to special in my opinion. Aether would be nice though, especially in PoR form when it actually proc-ed. These 'personal skills' sound interesting, but like it would be an awkward and maybe even broken mechanic in a real game. Still, something similar would be cool.

Oh, yeah, if this ever actually gets made, nerfing NEEDS to be done. I'm unfortunately writing this directly off the whims of my mind, so a lot of things are cool in theory but make little sense. And I really, really wish I'd gotten a plot dream instead... I'm so apprehensive about the outcome of Terra's trip to the capital.

It's strange: Nonery starts out with swords... maybe he'll gain daggers in a promotion or what, but as to Fire Sages having daggers I have no idea where this came from. It does fit HER though, and if she's the only Fire Sage then it should be fine.

Maybe it's because I adore magic, so I enjoyed talking about it a little too much. If I were a Fire Emblem character, I'd probably be a mage.

Oh have you? Interesting indeed! If you don't mind telling me, I'd love to hear about it.

Actually, I'm a bit concerned about the personal skills. I mean, it's nice that they have them and it makes each character unique but holy cow, it's bound to be broken. Unless it's done in the same way Radiant Dawn does, when you can also assign skills with scrolls you find. That'll be a bit of a more even playing field, I think.

It's strange: Nonery starts out with swords... maybe he'll gain daggers in a promotion or what, but as to Fire Sages having daggers I have no idea where this came from. It does fit HER though, and if she's the only Fire Sage then it should be fine.

Weird it is

Maybe it's because I adore magic, so I enjoyed talking about it a little too much. If I were a Fire Emblem character, I'd probably be a mage.

That seems to e a common answer. Magic is really cool though, and I always thought that with a little tweaking having 3 types of Anima could be interesting

Oh have you? Interesting indeed! If you don't mind telling me, I'd love to hear about it.

Actually, I'm a bit concerned about the personal skills. I mean, it's nice that they have them and it makes each character unique but holy cow, it's bound to be broken. Unless it's done in the same way Radiant Dawn does, when you can also assign skills with scrolls you find. That'll be a bit of a more even playing field, I think.

The idea was a 'Dragoon' class, a promotion of the Wyvern Rider class that could wield bows and lances, possessing highest skill and strength but less speed and defense than a Wyvern Lord. Later this idea changed to Griffon Knight, which would wield the same weapons and replace the Wyvern Knight from FE8, and finally the Griffon Ranger, the flying equivalent of a ranger that I'm considering giving bow breaker that has balanced stats and promotes from a new 'Griffon Rider' base class.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

• 2 weeks later...

Yeesh, I'm sorry about how slow these updates are coming in... I haven't been sleeping as well as I should have been. :\ But, not going to trouble anyone with that so...

I GOT MY THIRD PEGASUS KNIGHT.

Oh, and plot stuff happened. We got to the capital, finally.

But I GOT MY THIRD PEGASUS KNIGHT, WOO.

But first: plot.

So before actually reaching the capital of Betelgeuse, Terra and Grima have a nighttime conversation while everyone else is asleep. She approaches him, and he greets her in his usual slightly flirtatious way. But Terra isn't in the mood to be flirted with - actually, I don't think Terra actually NOTICES the way he talks to her, although he actually has shades of this with EVERYONE. Including Windsor.

:\

Either way, Terra cuts to the chase and asks WHY Grima went after all those innocent people.

Here's the catch: Grima skirts around her answer for a while before he finally admits to her - or maybe to himself - that he can't remember why. This is strange all in itself...

... Until Terra goes back to one of the points that Grima bought up earlier about how her history was stained with blood and gore, asking him what he saw since earlier he claimed to know it.

He tells her that he said he KNEW it, not that he was there - and if he was there, he also doesn't remember this either.

Terra then asks the question I myself wanted to know:

• Terra: Do you remember anything?
  • Grima: A foolish child speaks a clever game. [/chuckles] Of course I do. I remember the carnage and I certainly remember you.
  • Terra: I meant your past.
  • Grima: That IS in the past, is it not?
  • Terra: No! Stop twisting my words! I meant farther back in the past! Why are there so many holes in your memory?
  • Grima: You've got it all wrong, lovely child that you are. There aren't any of these so-called "holes" in my memory, as your words imply a plural. There's only one.
  • Terra: Only one. Really now. Enlighten me. (Hey. Being snarky and sullen is Iris' job.)
  • Grima: Only one indeed. Reaches until the beginning of my time until 150 years prior, if you must know.

To put it in perspective, he looks to be about the same age as Tiki from Awakening. She's around 2000, unless I'm mistaken. Meaning that if he can't remember anything from up to 150 years ago, that's 1850 YEARS of his life just, gone.

How the hell did THAT happen?

Plus, there's also this gem from their conversation as it winds down.

• Terra: Well then. Since your motives are unclear... I'm going to sleep.
  • Grima: It's dark... may the night not seep its blackened threads into your mind, dear princess.
  • Terra: E-Er... right. ... You coming?
  • Grima: I am a being of night. Sleep is beyond me.
  • Terra: How do you not sleep?
  • Grima: Practice, sweet-hearted child. I need only steal a few wasteful hours during the day.
  • Terra: Why not now, at night, when it's dark?
  • Grima: I may have been molded into the darkness, but its torturous tendrils spare no mind. If it can reach, it shall. I may revel in the shadows myself, but that is a fate I wish upon no undeserving soul.
  • Terra: What do you mean by that? Do you have -
  • Grima: Your curiosity is refreshing, siren. But still it, before that flaw lulls you into a sleep of a more permanent kind.
  • Terra: I... I... I'm suddenly feeling very tired.
  • Grima: Good girl.

WELL THEN.

Someone sounds like they're haunted. By what, though? And why do I have the feeling he doesn't know, only remembers the fear itself?

But this conversation also solves a mystery that's been brewing in my head for a while: remember Heaven and Earth, where he was affected by the Fear Status. Well, that map was a night map. And it's the strangest thing. Grima has the Night Boost like Nonery and Windsor, yet he's always struck by the Fear Status during that time. This must be why: he's more active during this time of day, because he's too scared to sleep.

Hmm.

Anyway, now that that's over. TO THE CAPITAL.

But first we make a pit-stop to Lorelei's place. Lorelei greets them warmly and Terra makes the offer to have her join them. She stumbles over this a bit, apologizing for her mother's insistence to kill her but Lorelei waves it aside with the oddest statement ever uttered by someone not named Grima:

• Lorelei: Oh, it's fine. Your mother has such a pretty face, but alas, the soul does not match the visage. Thank goodness her daughter fared far better in both categories, no?

She's also giggling while she says this. Uh...

CURSES CONFLICTING SHIPS. [/flips table]

Anyway. Before Terra and co. leave with Lorelei in tow - and for Ikorus, yes, Lorelei IS a legit first-tier Light Mage, she even mentions that leaving will put her behind on her studies - we suddenly hear... this.

• ???: IIIIRIS!
  • Calanthe: H-Huh? Why is she here...?
  • Iris: Damn it!

Saying that Iris seems pissed is the biggest understatement of the year. She's LIVID. I literally did not know she had that sort of facial expression. Think Vaike's vein-popping expression from Awakening, except with her eyes closed.

Meet Garnet, everyone, who officially rounds out the trio and may actually be my favorite out of the three, which is strange because I adore the hell out of Calanthe and Iris grows on me more and more each time I run into her. But anyway.

Now, Calanthe is the defensive/resistance Stone Wall/Tank and Iris is the highly skilled magical critical-master. Well, Garnet specializes in Strength and... Luck.

Not what I was expecting.

But pink-haired Pegasus Knight GET.

Anyway, Garnet is similar to Cynthia in personality from what I've seen so far: spunky, optimistic, likes being considered a hero. Except in this case, she actually IS. Calanthe introduces her and explains that she's from a small village outside the capital, and against all odds was accepted to join the Knighthood. Garnet explains that she was merely lucky, considering how talented all the applicants were, and that she probably wouldn't have be accepted if it wasn't for half the applicants falling ill the night before the competition.

Oh, I get it now. Luck makes sense.

But regardless of that: to the capital, finally, where we meet with the council.

... Or we WOULD, if the council hall wasn't being ransacked by thieves.

Chantal emerges from the chaos and explains that they just appeared out of nowhere and went after any valuable they could find. Most of the council members are fine - they were escorted out of the building - but the one who directed the other members to safety and stayed behind to lock up some of the more priceless artifacts is dead. Terra practically gushes over the fact that Chantal is safe and battle commence.

Whee, I have my Light Mage now! [/dances]

So I guess I need to legitimately sort out who to pair now, because I've just been pairing people willy-nilly (which is why I've got a TON of C & B supports right about now). Well, hmm. I'll take input since I'm pretty unsure on a lot of these myself, although I have a couple in mind.

[spoiler=Shipping Stuff Here, So Skip It If You Want]

Alright. So I'll list off some possibilities for the main FOUR right now (Windsor, Terra, Chantal and Narcisse)

Windsor: Terra, Chantal or Amaranth

• To be honest, Terra's only in Windsor's list, because I want to see what would happen to the story. That, and the fact that Terra is marrying the guy she publicly declared was her BROTHER just makes this all kinds of interesting.
  • Chantal's the second option because of their C support. In that one, Chantal pledges her loyalty to him as king (yes, KING, not prince). Which is a far-cry from Chan's B support with Terra where she tells her her loyalty lies to the country, not to her. The sudden change in heart makes me wonder Chantal's motives... and makes me think someone developed a crush.
  • Amaranth is the third option because opposite attract is massively at stake here. The serious and sarcastic wind mage Windsor paired with the whimsical and wild fire mage Amaranth sounds like fun to me. I wish I had unlocked a support for them though.

Terra: Windsor, Nonery or Grima

• See Windsor's first bullet for details.
  • Nonery's strange back-and-forth dislike and liking of her is so perplexing to me I almost want to learn more about it. Terra's far from the only noble woman in the game (Laurel and Lorelei count, even if the latter is noble to another land), and we haven't gotten a full reason as to Nonery's vehement dislike. I hope it's buried within the support somewhere, because I want to know.
  • This is an odd option, but look at the way he talks to her. I wonder if it's just mild flirtation or merely him speaking. Plus, this is actually IN the plot itself, not in a support conversation, so that's all the more intriguing right there.

Chantal: Narcisse and Windsor

• Narcisse and her have a pretty speckled past according to their C support. Apparently, Chantal used to actually bully him when they were children. Yikes. Chantal's since atoned for that, but Narcisse finally reveals his suspicions as to why she finally stopped, and so suddenly too. She doesn't finally give him the answer until their B support, in which she tells him that she was blackmailed by one of his friends to leave him alone. HOW she blackmailed haven't been mentioned yet.
  • See Windsor's second bullet for details.

Narcisse: Iris and Chantal

• Iris actually has a really sweet C support about meanings of flowers with him, as apparently Narcisse makes flower crowns and preserves them, then gives him to the children at the orphanage. How sweet of him. It's also the first Iris support I've seen without a single snarky line in it. Seriously, Iris is quite the sullen young lady. I wonder why.
  • See Chantal's first bullet for details.

I'll post some of the others once I get more information on them, like Olivier, Laurel, Garnet and Lorelei.

Now onto battle stuff.

CHOKEPOINTS. CHOKEPOINTS EVERYWHERE.

Seriously the thieves were just choking everything. Slow chapter was slow. :\

But here's something interesting: I actually had to restart because I lost Terra (by the way, as my dream-me commentated, Terra SHOULD end up being a pretty solid Lightning Bruiser... but her defense growth rate is 50% and my Terra seems to be getting a bit defense-screwed. It's like Stahl and his speed over here.

Now, you know how everyone has a death quote, correct?

Terra actually doesn't. She only makes a grunt when she's fatally hit and doesn't say a THING afterwards. Windsor does, rushing over towards her but it's pretty much stated that she was dead before he even started moving. Intense.

Anyway, it's a pretty simple Rout chapter. Just kill them all. And I'm about ready to promote Iris into a Sylph Knight with wind tomes, whee.

MVP unit of this battle is Olivier, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Holy fuck, he's a monster unit. And he just unlocked his personal skill... freaking Nihil. Dream-me got very, very lucky: I've had three near-perfect level ups on the guy and more speed than his 40% speed growth indicates he should have.

Also, Narcisse has more magic than on average, while Calanthe's lack of strength is officially showing itself. Gah.

So! Tune in next time where we may actually figure out why the hell the queen's such a tyrant (seriously, it's been how many chapters in and I still don't understand what's going on. ._.)

so sages have daggers again? Hopefully they'll have a strength cap higher than 15.

Also, Triangle Attack GO!!!

Lol, I know, right? >.<

YES. I'm so happy for the Triangle Attack I don't even...! I couldn't get one off properly because of how restricted the map was. Hopefully, I get a more open map and can actually murder stuff with the three of them. :)

The fact that this means you've brought back the Triangle Attack makes this a brilliant idea.

Have you figured out if there's any new classes you want yet? Or, maybe, fixing a certain flying class that had it's usefulness crippled because it lost sword usage?

The fact that this means you've brought back the Triangle Attack makes this a brilliant idea.

Have you figured out if there's any new classes you want yet? Or, maybe, fixing a certain flying class that had it's usefulness crippled because it lost sword usage?

Oh, well thank you.

Besides Draco Archer (which Laurel is right now), Sylph Knight (which is what Iris is going to be), Amaranth's Sage (which actually isn't new) and Windsor and Terra's special lord classes, I haven't run into anything yet.

Anyway, expect a mini-update soon. Like. MINI. Because I've actually been doing stuff for this while I'm awake too, so I'll mostly talk about awake pondering than anything I actually SAW.

... Although I will say this: I've pretty much decided who Windsor's getting married to for this dream run. Care to guess?

Oh, well thank you.

Besides Draco Archer (which Laurel is right now), Sylph Knight (which is what Iris is going to be), Amaranth's Sage (which actually isn't new) and Windsor and Terra's special lord classes, I haven't run into anything yet.

Anyway, expect a mini-update soon. Like. MINI. Because I've actually been doing stuff for this while I'm awake too, so I'll mostly talk about awake pondering than anything I actually SAW.

... Although I will say this: I've pretty much decided who Windsor's getting married to for this dream run. Care to guess?

...Terra?

...Terra?

Believe it or not, when I wrote that post above I was actually going to pair him with Terra. I really was.

But last night I got Chantal and Windsor's A support. And I just... I have to pair them together. It's too much.

Their C support, I already mentioned. Chantal pledges her loyalty to HIM, not to the country like she did with Terra.

In their B support, Chantal actually tells me the reason why Alcyone is going to hell. It's because there is a group of noble houses in Alcyone that are actually extremely corrupt. They've been literally getting away with practically anything, and at least two of them are known to be cooperating, or are maybe even the leaders of groups of assassins or brigands (and one such group of brigands are called The Black Knight Brigands. I am so creative. >.<). So these brigands groups are literally getting away with everything and so are the nobles, for reasons that no one yet understands.

Their A support just... killed me. Mind if I write it for you? I think I remember most of it, so here goes.

[spoiler=Chantal and Windsor's A Support, Go!]

Chantal: Good morning Your Highness. Are you well today?

Windsor: As well as I'll ever be.

Chantal: Ah. ...Do you need anything from me?

Windsor: No... Haha, you worry about me way too much, Chantal. Relax. I'm fine.

Chantal: As the future king, it's my job to look after you. If... if you want me to, that is. Although... if you don't mind me saying, I'd much prefer to find Jordanes and let you live your life in peace.

Windsor: ... What life do I have left? Chantal, really. It's... nice... that you care. But you have to take care of yourself as well, and you certainly shouldn't waste your effort on me.

Chantal: Whatever life it may be, as long as it's not restricted to a throne you don't want, I'd prefer you to live it.

Windsor: ... You're forgetting something, aren't you?

Chantal: I don't believe I am... am I? And a-are you sure you're well? I'm sorry, it may be just the lighting, or merely me, I don't know, but you look awfully pale. If you need to rest just -

Windsor: Chantal. You aren't remembering the fact that whatever "life" I might have past all of this would be extremely short-lived, if I even get to experience it.

Chantal: ... ...

Windsor: Chan... Chantal?

Chantal: D-Don't... This is... so stupid. Why are we putting you in this situation? Why are we making you rule a kingdom when you're so ill you could die at any moment? Why is Terra so damned irresponsible she can't actually live up to HER birthright and rule her damn kingdom? How isn't this bothering you? How are you NOT upset about this? Tell me, Windsor, for I can't understand it! My GOD, yes. I've been wondering this since day one, why the hell is Terra so against being queen? I haven't seen this mentioned YET.

Windsor: ... It's not like... I had another option. You said it for yourself... I could die at any moment. And I... I'd rather die, knowing I made a difference in some way than die in a hellhole academy of magic, really.

Chantal: ... I still don't like it. I'd much rather have you life the rest of your life and be happy.

Windsor: ... I don't think I could be happy if I tried. It's... always in the back of my mind.... Th-The fact that I'm dying. I... I hear all these stories about what people want t-to do with their lives and I can't... I can't...

Chantal: Damn... Don't... don't cry. I'll... I'll MAKE you happy. I'll do everything I can. I'll either cure you... or I'll make you the happiest man alive until your final breath, I promise.

Windsor: C-Chantal...

Hear that sound? That's the sound my fucking heart breaking and then repairing itself.

So yeah. Those two are S-Supporting. Terra's probably going to get either Nonery or Grima... unless anyone else has any better ideas. :)

Now, I WAS going to post the class-tree/skill chart I've been working on, but I totally screwed it up. Too many swords. DX

So let me fix this ASAP.

Believe it or not, when I wrote that post above I was actually going to pair him with Terra. I really was.

But last night I got Chantal and Windsor's A support. And I just... I have to pair them together. It's too much.

Their C support, I already mentioned. Chantal pledges her loyalty to HIM, not to the country like she did with Terra.

In their B support, Chantal actually tells me the reason why Alcyone is going to hell. It's because there is a group of noble houses in Alcyone that are actually extremely corrupt. They've been literally getting away with practically anything, and at least two of them are known to be cooperating, or are maybe even the leaders of groups of assassins or brigands (and one such group of brigands are called The Black Knight Brigands. I am so creative. >.<). So these brigands groups are literally getting away with everything and so are the nobles, for reasons that no one yet understands.

Their A support just... killed me. Mind if I write it for you? I think I remember most of it, so here goes.

[spoiler=Chantal and Windsor's A Support, Go!]

Chantal: Good morning Your Highness. Are you well today?

Windsor: As well as I'll ever be.

Chantal: Ah. ...Do you need anything from me?

Windsor: No... Haha, you worry about me way too much, Chantal. Relax. I'm fine.

Chantal: As the future king, it's my job to look after you. If... if you want me to, that is. Although... if you don't mind me saying, I'd much prefer to find Jordanes and let you live your life in peace.

Windsor: ... What life do I have left? Chantal, really. It's... nice... that you care. But you have to take care of yourself as well, and you certainly shouldn't waste your effort on me.

Chantal: Whatever life it may be, as long as it's not restricted to a throne you don't want, I'd prefer you to live it.

Windsor: ... You're forgetting something, aren't you?

Chantal: I don't believe I am... am I? And a-are you sure you're well? I'm sorry, it may be just the lighting, or merely me, I don't know, but you look awfully pale. If you need to rest just -

Windsor: Chantal. You aren't remembering the fact that whatever "life" I might have past all of this would be extremely short-lived, if I even get to experience it.

Chantal: ... ...

Windsor: Chan... Chantal?

Chantal: D-Don't... This is... so stupid. Why are we putting you in this situation? Why are we making you rule a kingdom when you're so ill you could die at any moment? Why is Terra so damned irresponsible she can't actually live up to HER birthright and rule her damn kingdom? How isn't this bothering you? How are you NOT upset about this? Tell me, Windsor, for I can't understand it! My GOD, yes. I've been wondering this since day one, why the hell is Terra so against being queen? I haven't seen this mentioned YET.

Windsor: ... It's not like... I had another option. You said it for yourself... I could die at any moment. And I... I'd rather die, knowing I made a difference in some way than die in a hellhole academy of magic, really.

Chantal: ... I still don't like it. I'd much rather have you life the rest of your life and be happy.

Windsor: ... I don't think I could be happy if I tried. It's... always in the back of my mind.... Th-The fact that I'm dying. I... I hear all these stories about what people want t-to do with their lives and I can't... I can't...

Chantal: Damn... Don't... don't cry. I'll... I'll MAKE you happy. I'll do everything I can. I'll either cure you... or I'll make you the happiest man alive until your final breath, I promise.

Windsor: C-Chantal...

Hear that sound? That's the sound my fucking heart breaking and then repairing itself.

So yeah. Those two are S-Supporting. Terra's probably going to get either Nonery or Grima... unless anyone else has any better ideas. :)

Now, I WAS going to post the class-tree/skill chart I've been working on, but I totally screwed it up. Too many swords. DX

So let me fix this ASAP.

Class tree! Yay!

Uh, fanaticism for graphic aid aside, that's quite the A support. Sounds like one of the GBA A supports, where there wasn't an S to reach. Of course, I'm also really excite to see what S-supports do, because hey, say what you will about eugenics, they make some fantastic gameplay elements when lex isn't failing to pass down his brave axe

As for who to now S-support Terra with, maybe Olivier if the support is any good? He's quite the power house, apparently.

Class tree! Yay!

Uh, fanaticism for graphic aid aside, that's quite the A support. Sounds like one of the GBA A supports, where there wasn't an S to reach. Of course, I'm also really excite to see what S-supports do, because hey, say what you will about eugenics, they make some fantastic gameplay elements when lex isn't failing to pass down his brave axe

As for who to now S-support Terra with, maybe Olivier if the support is any good? He's quite the power house, apparently.

Yup. I really did overdo it with the swords though: and I added a new skill called Bladebreaker, that reduces the Hit on both swords and daggers by 50%. Daggers aren't that common (the Thief line starts with swords, then one promotion upgrades to swords and daggers and the other to swords and bows) but swords are, and I ended adding swords to the physical line of Pegasus Knights (Falcon Knight (swords) > Seraph Knight (lances and swords) AND the Griffon Rider line (axes and swords). So yeah. I overdid it a bit, not to mention their mercenaries and myrmidons and etc. LOTS of swords.

Bladebreaker can pretty much wreck your entire team if you're not careful. ... Although maybe that's the point, to make it difficult. Hmmm... I'm starting to think I'm better at these things in my sleep!

Ah, thank you. :)

I'm glad you like it. It's not perfect, and I think I ommitted something. But watching it play out was painful. Windsor actually has a voice clip where he lets out this broken little sob at the line where he admits he doesn't believe he can ever be happy, knowing his death is coming. It's the only time (so far) when I've seen Windsor actually break down over his fate and I just feel so damn AWFUL. It's my fault he's like that.

But, never mind that, S-supports, whee.

Now from what I've seen so far, I don't think they're going to be a second generation. I think the marriages are really just for fun, if you want to, you can, but it's not necessary. And yes, I apparently have an amazing Olivier. That would be an interesting support conversation... I wonder. I'll admit I've been leaning towards Nonery (because he REALLY doesn't like her) and Grima (they're just really interesting together, I don't get it) and for Olivier I was thinking havng him support a bit with Laurel, since she DID murder his father. But it's all up the air at the moment! Anyone can pair with anyone right now, and if you have any ideas, suggest away!

I mean, I don't mind dreaming up and writing out supports on request, if you want, but I know you guys want plot too. :D I don't blame you. Although in all honesty, when it comes to storytelling, I'm better at characters than plot. I'll try my very best to please you though.

O-Oh, wow, that's... Certainly quite an A support there.

This is all quite interesting! I think Windsor needs a hug, but more importantly a cure for that curse.

And yeah, Bladebreaker's a bit broken, haha~

I eagerly await your next update!

If Windsor doesn't make it, I'll probably hate my Dreamscape even more.

It is. The Mymridon, Thief and Mercenary lines are sword-heavy, not to mention that one of the Thief promotions will end up wielding swords and daggers, so Bladebreaker destroys the class' ability to do anything.

It should probably be Swordbreaker instead, due to the already low hit Daggers have. They need to be somewhat useful, after all.

I would post an update but it was... odd, to say the least. I don't think I can count it has a legit update.

If Windsor doesn't make it, I'll probably hate my Dreamscape even more.

It is. The Mymridon, Thief and Mercenary lines are sword-heavy, not to mention that one of the Thief promotions will end up wielding swords and daggers, so Bladebreaker destroys the class' ability to do anything.

It should probably be Swordbreaker instead, due to the already low hit Daggers have. They need to be somewhat useful, after all.

I would post an update but it was... odd, to say the least. I don't think I can count it has a legit update.

Yeah, I think not having a 'knife breaker' skill is a good idea.

I'd be interested to see this pseudo-update, even if it is strange.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed