Hmm. I do sincerely hope that this doesn't formally count as necroposting. I think the necroposting rule is OVER a month and this is technically A month exactly... if not, that's fine.

However, I've run into a TINY issue with this.

There's no such thing as CANON anymore.

Or at least, nothing NEW seems to stay around long enough to it to be considered.

I swear, I have written down the same scene ten times. With ten different scenarios playing out. It's... ridiculous.

Not to mention I just get pieces - tiny pieces of the same scene and have to piece it together to even figure out which "canon" it is.

... I think tomorrow I'm just going to throw open my notebook, point to a scenario and make it canon. [/huffs]

But I've spent the entire month trying to gather decent pieces for ONE update. Damn dreams. So unreliable.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that's the problem with dreams. Which is why there are so many tropes about it! XD You could assign numbers to the scenarios, though, and let random.org decide. Just make sure to make a sacrifice to the RNG goddess first.

Yep, that's the problem with dreams. Which is why there are so many tropes about it! XD You could assign numbers to the scenarios, though, and let random.org decide. Just make sure to make a sacrifice to the RNG goddess first.

Which sibling should I get rid of?

I mean... um... Please take my humble sacrifice of Background-chan o-or something...~

• 3 weeks later...

STOP THE PRESSES YOU GUYS, JORDANES CONFIRMED.

... Okay, so more like 90% confirmed and my brain could still be a jerk and kill him at any time, but really, holy crow, Jordanes.

So we meet the lovely stranger one night while Windsor's asleep. The scene sort of pans over his head towards the window, which he leaves unlocked (probably not the best idea, but there's so many guards around the palace that it would be extremely hard to get up there without having a few hundred arrows in your person). Somehow, though, he manages to do it, slip right past the guards into Windsor's room and wake him up with a swiftly thrown pebble to the temple.

That's totally the best way to go about that.

Anyway, said stranger comes with a warning. A lot of warnings, actually, that Terra's plan to overthrow her mother is NOT going to work, and he says that Laima specializes in dealing with very public situations. The best way to beat her is when she's NOT expecting it, and when her guard's not up. The moment anything of any significance is done in the public eye, her guard goes up. Trying to PUBLICLY take her on is a massive mistake.

But there's a few things about this warning, a few of the more subtle things that point to it being Jordanes.

... Well, alright, this first one's not subtle, but really, what priest wields a sword? Towards the end of his explanation, he points a sword at Windsor's face (which Windsor parries at such a speed I instantly became proud), and Jordanes was well known for his interest in swordmanship.

I know, that sounds like a bit of a stretch, but this is what solidifies it further.

During his explanation he tells Windsor that Terra's playing a game with Laima's pride by doing this. And he says, and I quote, "You do not play with the mother's pride."

... Of all terms to use. You use that one.

Why would you use that particular term for her? Hmm?

It also fits in with how he'd be able to get inside the palace too, without being arrowed to death, all he'd had to do is remove the hood and say something to the effect of "I'm Princes Jordanes, I went for a walk".

Terra apparently DID a good job matching their appearances so...

We've also finally, FINALLY, FINALLY gotten in my extremely fucking late cavaliers.

LATE CAVALIERS ARE LATE.

They even acknowledge this when they show up:

• Red Cavalier: Sorry for our late arrival. Is everything alright?
  • Green Cavalier: I bet you're sorry. It's your fault.
  • Red Cavalier: If you weren't so slow, we would have been here earlier.
  • Green Cavalier: And if you didn't sleep like a dead log, we would have been here WAY earlier.
  • Red Cavalier: ...
  • Green Cavalier: Exactly.

Everyone, meet Irving (green) and Ignis (red).

And I finally have an pre-established friendship support set that have a decent relationship with each other. FINALLY.

And by pre-established, I mean along the lines of Chantal/Terra, Terra/Lorelei (actually, this one's not too bad), Demeter/Somnifer, and Iris/Garnet. Demeter/Somnifer is pretty vitriolic and the other two feel one-sided.

Anyway, they show up after said mysterious stranger leaves and Windsor heads down into the castle gardens in order to clear his head and think. While they're introducing themselves to Windsor, Ignis stops, shushing them and telling Irving he hears something. He stares out into the brush for a while, then suddenly swings his lance up at an angle. Irving pauses for a moment, then does the same, making their two lances cross. They wait a tick, then just as suddenly bring both lances down.

... Until an arrow skids across the ground by Windsor's feet.

... So Ignis heard someone moving in the brush, noticed it was an archer, and pretty much knocked his arrow out of the sky.

That is absolutely... FANTASTIC.

Best red cavalier.

So this initiates a battle as well - just random thieves it seems, trying to get into the castle. Nothing that significant, and they're not hard either, compared to what I saw from the saving the duke's daughter mission with Solange...

We seem to have hit the difficulty curve right there, holy crow.

But the amusing part about THIS is for the entire battle, Windsor is in his pajamas.

But it's quite a simple battle - Rout objective, not that many enemies (15), and the best strategy is pretty much having Irving chip off a decent chunk of damage and slide Ignis in right behind him and use that short spear.

#MasterTactics.

And yes, Irving is the strength/defense oriented one and Ignis is the skill/speed oriented one, kind of like a Sain/Kent duo we have here.

Once the boss is cleared, you get a quick little scene with the two introducing themselves to Terra, which goes over quite smoothly.

• Irving: Your Highness! We heard you were in need of a hand...
  • Ignis: W-Well, four, all things considering...
  • Irving: So we stopped by to assist!
  • Ignis: Although we're technically Betelguesian, we have no qualms about assisting you.
  • Irving: Haha, none at all! That and...
  • Ignis: ... You do have a noble we'd like to keep safe.
  • Irving: You mean one YOU would like to keep safe.
  • Ignis: ... S-Shut up...

I wonder who said noble might be. Lorelei, most likely.

But yeah, I actually have stuff that makes sense for once! Whoo-hoo! I'm so happy. <3

Also, those two finishing each other's sandwiches sentences is too fucking adorbs. XD

Edited by Vashiane

... So the Alcyian revolution happened.

I'll pause so you can mentally cheer and whatnot, before I calmly inform you that this was probably one of the worst attempts at an overthrow I've seen since 17th century France.

Just... oh. my. God. They couldn't have loused it up any worse. There was absolutely no way.

First, said revolution fell on one of Windsor's worse days, which while they didn't have much control over that, it made him about as useful as wet tissue paper. For the second battle for this chapter he isn't even selectable, he's that... ill.

Second, the strange priest's warning that he'd given Windsor... went COMPLETELY over Terra's head. I had sort of expected this to happen, really, but I had just... hoped, that she would actually pay attention to it but she was more concerned about someone having broken into the castle and getting into Windsor's room while he slept.

I'm proud of her, that's a valid concern right there. ... But seriously, Windsor had a better one he was trying to state.

And third... SOMEONE. FUCKED. UP.

BADLY.

The original plan was to not charge in until after the banquet Laima was hosting had ended and its guests had gone home but someone - I don't know who - sent the green-light signal too early, while the banquet was still on-going.

... I don't think I have to... explain what happened with that. To simplify things... a lot of people who probably had nothing to do with all this corruption and lies died.

The first battle of this map comes into play here, and um, holy fuck, hello difficulty. You've got a good thirty soldiers in one not-that-big of a space and they're spaced out to where if you move in range of one soldier, you're automatically in range in another, and if you move in to attack THAT one you're usually in range of ANOTHER soldier.

It's an indoor map as well, so no fliers. Objective is Rout.

And these guys are NOT pushovers. Those commanders with Silver weapons, damn. I'm pretty sure THIS is the chapter where restarts are bound to be plentiful.

The in-game shops here is fantastic though: Statboosters and Elixirs.

Most of the soldiers are Great Knights and Paladins, with some Snipers added in there just for fun and giggles. ... More like frustration.

MVP of this map is tied between Olivier - Olivier is like an unmounted Haar with Nihil, it's glorious - and the unstoppable, unbeatable duo that is Lachlan and Iris.

How to strategery: have Lachlan stand in front of Iris off towards the edge of the map, bait enemies to try and hit her. Have Lachlan sweep at them with his lance while Iris javalins them in the head from behind him.

Perfect! #MasterTactician and all that jazz.

Iris also officially promoted this chapter (didn't use a Master Scroll on her either), and she now has access to tomes. She can only use Wind ones though. I'm wondering if that's a class limitation or it's locking her into the type or something.

... Oh god, that Sylph Knight outfit on Iris.

Amaranth, I think you have some competition for Most Beautiful Promoted Outfit.

Anyway, once you slog your way through the map and defeat everyone, we're treated to the lovely, lovely aftermath of the battle.

My brain doesn't seem to have a blood filter, because it's scattered all over the throne room. Just... everywhere. And Terra looks up from her dual just in time to see the swirling cape of her mother as she's leaving the room (after having pretty much gutted someone trying to approach her with nothing but a throwing dagger and a regular one - holy fuck.) and darts after her, but of course she gets stopped by some guards while trying to pursue her.

Terra's plan is to drag her lance across the puddles of blood on the floor and fling it up into their eyes.

... EFFICENT, yes. Gross? Oh, god yes.

Anyway, she takes off, meandering through the hallways to try and catch up to her, maybe end her once and for all.

When someone grabs her wrist, stopping her in her tracks completely before dragging her aside and clamping a hand over her mouth.

It's Chantal, which brings forth this exchange:

• Chantal: Don't make any sound, just wait a minute.
  • Terra: Chantal, she's getting away...!
  • Chantal: Please... just humor me, and tell me you don't actually believe this plan can be saved at this point...
  • Terra: Yes it can!
  • Chantal: ... No it can't.

Chantal proceeds to drag Terra away, briefly pausing to scoop something black off of the ground and place it in her pocket, using her other hand to hold onto to Terra's lance before pointing them in the direction she wants them to go.

They don't get very far, only to the balcony above the throne room before they run into the last person they'd expect to see up there.

Laima.

... And Windsor, but that's something else entirely.

Chantal immediately tenses up, holding her sword over Terra like she's trying to protect her. Windsor's shocked that they're up there, pushing himself away from the balcony to talk to them. But Laima holds him back, silencing him with a single gesture, and turns around to face Chantal, locking eyes with her and says just one sentence.

"Remember what I told you."

Terra is extremely confused by this and reaches behind her for her lance... but Chantal pulls it out of her reach. Terra's not amused by this and grabs for it again, but Chantal just, calmly, wordlessly, moves it again, and again, until Terra grows frustrated, asking her, "What are you doing?"

She doesn't answer, but her eyes narrow, just a bit, and she drops both of the weapons in her hands, grabs Terra's arm and twists it behind her back before shoving her right into Laima's arms. Chantal pauses for a moment, like she weighing up what she's just done, before retrieving her sword and sheathing it, waving her hand aside dismissively before turning and walking off.

"There's your resistance leader," she says, right before the curtain completely swallows her out of existence.

... Yes, that actually just happened.

Terra's in about as much shock as I am, unable to move or struggle or even attempt to defend herself and Laima just chuckles to herself before linking arms with her daughter and strolling off towards the throne room while Windsor tries to keep up.

... He is... really struggling today. It breaks my heart. ;~;

Anyway. Most of the fighting in the throne room is over and done with and all that's left is bloodstains and bodies (and a few stragglers from the resistance, including Olivier, Laurel, Lorelei and Nonery.) Laima reaches behind her and grabs this... rope, out of practically nowhere and throws it over the chandelier. Terra just stares at her, completely confused...

And before Terra - or anyone can even REACT, much less move, Laima loops the end of the rope into a noose, flings it over Terra's neck, tightens it and uses the other end of the rope to pull Terra up in the air. She lies down on the floor, wraps the rope around both of her arms so she can hold it better, and watches her daughter struggle and gasp for air.

She's hanging her own daughter... and watching it.

... And Windsor is TRYING, TRYING, TRYING to get over there to stop her, but his chest pains are so bad, he's just crumpled up on the floor, trying to hold in enough of a breath to tell Laima to stop.

FORTUNATELY, there's the little flash of fire out of the corner of the screen and a fiery arrow drills its way right into the rope and releases Terra (sadly, no, she doesn't fall on Laima, she rolls out of the way) - which is later revealed to be the work on Laurel and Amaranth.

Yes, you guys, I love you.

Now go love each other.

Nonery jumps down from the balcony, snatches up Terra and takes off outside, which starts up THE most interesting battle I've seen so far.

The battlefield is divided in half - one half behind inside the castle, the other half behind outside it, past the main gate. Your team is split in two at this point, and certain characters will be locked to a particular side no matter what. The divide (as of right now because you guys know my brain) goes like this:

Terra's Side (Outside)

• Terra
  • Nonery
  • Laurel
  • Amaranth
  • Grima
  • Olivier
  • Somnifer
  • Demeter
  • Garnet

Windsor's Side (Inside)

• Windsor
  • Narcisse
  • Iris
  • Lachlan
  • Ignis
  • Irving
  • Calanthe
  • Solange

... Think I'm forgetting someone, besides the obvious Chantal.

... I am SO upset over that.

But this next section you actually get to deploy EVERYONE you have. And you'll NEED it.

However, note that you actually can't use Windsor... he's grayed out.

I am so worried about his health right now, oh my GOD, stupid curse.

But yeah. Reinforcements up the ass, pretty much. And the interesting thing is that you have an either/or objective. Either you can escape to the end of the map with Terra (and warning, she doesn't have her weapon, so hopefully you've got an extra in the convoy!) or you defeat the commander on Windsor's side.

Windsor's was easier, so I went with that because Terra's morning boost does her no good on a night map.

After the battle ends, there's a short scene with Windsor and Narcisse, confirming that Laima's gone and so is Terra, before we get treated to something VERY interesting.

The story then splits off into either following Windsor's group, or following Terra's. And no, you're not locked into one until you finish the other you can switch back and forth freely.

Chantal's also... gone. She's not in the inventory list or the support list anymore, but there's actually a reason for this. If you get to a certain part in Terra's story, you unlock the ability to go through a few side chapters with her.

... On a final note. I read Chantal and Terra's A support before I initiated this battle.

The end of it... read like this:

• Terra: Don't you see? I know I'm needy, I know I'm pushy, but you're probably the best friend I could ever have. Despite everything else... and all the differences between us, I'll still see you as a friend.
  • Chantal: ... Will you?
  • Terra: You say like I wouldn't!
  • Chantal: Sometimes I doubt you, just a little.
  • Terra: Oh come on, I'm pouring my heart out to you and you're doubting me?
  • Chantal: I said sometimes... I said nothing about doubting you now.