Wii U

shadykid

Isn't it bombing pretty much everywhere?

and yes I think the PS Vita is outselling it pretty much everywhere right now.

Edited by Kelsper

okay, can't say I'm that surprised. I guess the UK is just weird or something.

yeah, you guys are xboxland like us and unlike the rest of Europe

however, at least the 3DS is picking up steam:

10l.jpg

Edited by shadykid

Both Vita and Wii U have the same core problem: Games

My Vita collecting dust right now because it hardly have any games that caught my attention (P4G turned to bored the shit out of me)

Wii U probably wouldn't see the increase of sale until the release of SSB 4. But IMO, Nintendo need more exclusive games if they want to save their own console from nigh destruction against PS4 that only $50 but have more games in it arsenal.

I would buy it too in the future just only for SMTxFE

Both Vita and Wii U have the same core problem: Games

My Vita collecting dust right now because it hardly have any games that caught my attention (P4G turned to bored the shit out of me)

Wii U probably wouldn't see the increase of sale until the release of SSB 4. But IMO, Nintendo need more exclusive games if they want to save their own console from nigh destruction against PS4 that only $50 but have more games in it arsenal.

I would buy it too in the future just only for SMTxFE

what about X though

Man, you KNOW the console is doing bad when the original Wii is selling better

We can probably all agree that the issue with the Wii U (and Vita) is the fact that it just doesn't have many games yet, something E3 demonstrated will change in the next year or so.

Nintendo's got plenty of games coming for the Wii U, and as they said themselves during interviews at E3, "software sells hardware." They said many of their first party games for the Wii U (specifically Pikmin 3) are being delayed in order to put more work into them and ensure they're as polished as possible when they're released.

I'm sure the Wii U will start picking up more momentum during late 2013. I mean, it's quite similar to the 3DS situation, and they recovered from that. Even though the PS4 (and maybe the XBox One) will give the Wii U some competition, I still think it'll be able to hold its own and still be profitable.

Nintendo's got plenty of games coming for the Wii U, and as they said themselves during interviews at E3, "software sells hardware." They said many of their first party games for the Wii U (specifically Pikmin 3) are being delayed in order to put more work into them and ensure they're as polished as possible when they're released.

I'm sure the Wii U will start picking up more momentum during late 2013. I mean, it's quite similar to the 3DS situation, and they recovered from that. Even though the PS4 (and maybe the XBox One) will give the Wii U some competition, I still think it'll be able to hold its own and still be profitable.

errrr

I hope you realize the Wii U is doing significantly worse than the Gamecube right now (which also had similar software come out at a similar time) and is somehow barely above the vita (by launch-aligned sales)

Wii U is bombing pretty much everywhere because there's no good games coming out for it until August when Pikmin comes out, then everything just kinds rushes out of the floodgates. It would've been smarter for them to release it summer this year, instead of winter 2012.

New Super Mario Bros. U is not a console carrier to the disappointment of Nintendo.

This same thing happened with the 3DS, and it wasn't until OoT3D came out and the price cut when sales finally started to improve.

Also the GameCube had Smash Bros Melee, which is a console carrier and I would say still is today. :P

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Even so, it's still too early to judge how well the Wii U will do in its lifespan and against the PS4 and XBox One. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 changed around the 3DS' sales greatly, and the right 1st Party games will likely do the same for the Wii U. If there's one thing Nintendo keeps remind us, it's to never count them out. People have been saying they've been "doomed" since the NES days (specifically because of the video game crash of 1983) and they've still been keeping at it and making overall profits (besides 2011, but that was only one year in the past 30 or so, and they went back to profitability in 2012). Even if both PS4 and XBox one outsell the Wii U, they'll still be making overall profits on the console, unless they do a price drop fo the Wii U (which is what caused the 2011 net loss when they did that for the 3DS), and even then, Nintendo's quite firm on not dropping the price of the Wii U.

New Super Mario Bros. U is not a console carrier to the disappointment of Nintendo.

I suppose it's no Super Mario 64, but it's still the best selling Wii U game after Nintendo Land, and the Challenge Mode in my opinion was a pretty big addition that extended the game time by a lot. I still haven't got Gold on all the challenges despite getting the game at launch.

and they've still been keeping at it and making overall profits (besides 2011, but that was only one year in the past 30 or so, and they went back to profitability in 2012).

*ahem*

technicality, they had a net operating loss but the Japanese government weakening the yen helped them there

(also as long as Nintendo has handhelds, they are never "doomed")

By the time the PS4 and Xbox One get several good exclusives, the Wii U will already have more games worth purchasing than the first Nintendo Wii.

So long as people desire to purchase the Wii U version of SSB rather than just the 3DS version, sales should go up dramatically.

That being said, I'm saddened by the poor sales so far because I actually like the console. I expected it to be annoying and pointless, but in truth it turned out to be easy to use and entertaining. I'm thinking that with some good games coming out, it will stand a decent change against the Playstation 4.

By the time the PS4 and Xbox One get several good exclusives, the Wii U will already have more games worth purchasing than the first Nintendo Wii.

???

such as.... (xbox one i'll give you because lol xbox one)

I still don't think the Wii U is making enough exclusive games, people don't just want Mario and Super Smash, what people want to see is a new Zelda and maybe Metroid and console Pokemon game. There's already a Mario game on them Wii U, and that didn't sell as much as it was supposed to. Pikmin is an awesome franchise, but it's not one that'll appeal to newcomers, and Super Smash Bros will only get them so far. Wind Waker isn't the new Zelda game everyone wants, and until the new ones announcement, Wii U is going to have trouble reeling back the hardcore audience.

I still don't think the Wii U is making enough exclusive games, people don't just want Mario and Super Smash, what people want to see is a new Zelda and maybe Metroid and console Pokemon game. There's already a Mario game on them Wii U, and that didn't sell as much as it was supposed to. Pikmin is an awesome franchise, but it's not one that'll appeal to newcomers, and Super Smash Bros will only get them so far. Wind Waker isn't the new Zelda game everyone wants, and until the new ones announcement, Wii U is going to have trouble reeling back the hardcore audience.

Pikmin does appeal to newcomers, as I easily played and enjoyed Pikmin 2 without even hearing of Pikmin 1. Nintendo has tried to make all of their games newcomer friendly in the last decade or so, and Pikmin 3 probably won't be an exception. Since Smash Bros always has infinite replay value, I think it could be enough to keep the system afloat, but not entirely by itself. A lot of people keep mentioning Zelda and Metroid, but very few people have mentioned Kirby or F-Zero. A new F-Zero game in particular would be the perfect title to blow our minds on WiiU. Think F-Zero GX but ten times better.

Pikmin does appeal to newcomers, as I easily played and enjoyed Pikmin 2 without even hearing of Pikmin 1. Nintendo has tried to make all of their games newcomer friendly in the last decade or so, and Pikmin 3 probably won't be an exception. Since Smash Bros always has infinite replay value, I think it could be enough to keep the system afloat, but not entirely by itself. A lot of people keep mentioning Zelda and Metroid, but very few people have mentioned Kirby or F-Zero. A new F-Zero game in particular would be the perfect title to blow our minds on WiiU. Think F-Zero GX but ten times better.

Pikmin is kinda like Soul Sacrifice, a game that well sell decently to it's dedicated fanbase and give a short-term boost to the console

it won't be anything resembling a system seller though (thankfully nobody actually expects Pikmin to do so, unlike the latter)

If Pikmin 3 improves from Pikmin 2 as much as Pikmin 2 improved from Pikmin 1, it could easily be a system seller. I've even got video evidence to support my theory. ;):

By the way, Pikmin 2 really is one of the best Nintendo sequels of all time. Even better than Galaxy 2 in a sense, because it really built upon the original in the best way possible, instead of just having more levels.

If Pikmin 3 improves from Pikmin 2 as much as Pikmin 2 improved from Pikmin 1, it could easily be a system seller. I've even got video evidence to support my theory. ;):

I don't think you understand the actual definition of "system seller"

then again something tells me you're just joking anyway....

Ura Zelda is the best Nintendo sequel of all time, argument invalid. And what I meant is even if it's the second coming of Christ in Wii U disc form, based on the trailers and promotional material, it doesn't appeal to the average CoD/Skyrim/MineCraft playing gamer. Although I love the Pikmin series, if I were someone my age who plays mostly on the Xbox or PS3, Pikmin would look like a stupid kids game, and I'd probably have clinical mental problems but that's beside the point.

Although I love the Pikmin series, if I were someone my age who plays mostly on the Xbox or PS3, Pikmin would look like a stupid kids game, and I'd probably have clinical mental problems but that's beside the point.

wut.

we all have clinical mental problems, man.

Maybe some people will get a Wii U because of Pikmin 3 (because hey look a game), but it's definitely not going to sell them in bulk, anyway, unless you're a diehard Pikmin fan.

And what I meant is even if it's the second coming of Christ in Wii U disc form, based on the trailers and promotional material, it doesn't appeal to the average CoD/Skyrim/MineCraft playing gamer. Although I love the Pikmin series, if I were someone my age who plays mostly on the Xbox or PS3, Pikmin would look like a stupid kids game.

If looking like a kid's game will stop the average gamer from buying it, then why do all the average Mario games we've been getting lately sell like crazy?

I guess it's just because Mario is more popular. But unless I'm horribly wrong, I can guarantee you that Pikmin 3 will be better than Super Mario 2.75D World.

Edited by Zera