ITT: a Super Robot Wars W Tier List

Because I want to try to post this here for no reason other than why not

and because SF is efficiency maniac

Baseline:
- This is based on Efficiency of some sorts(although I have no other TC example to compare my own)
- No Parts, No Skills, No Death, and No Upgrades is assumed
- No Infinite SP Trick, because otherwise, the Tier List would become Valzacard > King J-Der > Staple > Renewal > Boss Borot > The rest
- Unit that is always an Auto Deploy Unit are not tiered. Note that the only completely Auto Deployment unit in this game is Nadesico B(The Vals are.... sometime not), so I have quite a lot of unit to tier

- I will factor alvailability and routes usability

- This list is for Part 2, because all units are usable only in part 2(there are actually some shift going from Part 1 into Part 2).

- Ardygun Tier:
Kazuma - Valguard -> Valzacard

- Staple Tier:
Koji – Mazinkaiser
Tekkaman Blade
Ryoma – Shin Getter
Tetsuya - Great Mazinger
Tekkaman Hiver
King J-Der

- Top Tier:

HyoRyu
RaiRyu
FuRyu
EnRyu
Guy – GaoFaiGar -> Genesic GaoGaiGar
Aki – Tekkaman Aki
Lori and Loru – Million Alpha
Noal and Milly – Blue Earth

- High Tier:

Lowe – Astray Red Frame

Gai – Astray Blue Frame

Boss – Boss Borot

Tekkaman Rapier

KouRyu

AnRyu

Jun – Any Mazinger Mecha

Mike Sounder

Kira - Freedom Meteor(SEED route)

GoLion

- Mid Tier:
Yurika - Nadesico – Y
Lacus – Eternal

Everyone from Tekkaman 2

Orgun – Orgun

Athrun – Justice Meteor(SEED route)

Big Volfogg
Professor – Re-Home
Akito – Black Serena
Sousuke – Arbalest
Kira – Freedom Meteor(Tekkaman - Mazinger route)
Heero – Wing Zero Custom
Athrun – Justice Meteor(Tekkaman - Mazinger route)
Sayaka – Any Mazinger Mecha

- Low Tier:
Tekkaman Dead is somewhere in the middle the tier

Gundam Wing units goes: Trowa > Quattre > Duo > Zech > Lucrezia > Wufei
In term of actual usefulness though, Lucrezia > Quattre > The rest

SEED Pilots goes: Mwu > Dearka > Cagalli > Nicol > Yzak

ASTRAY pilot goes: Elijah = Prayer > Canard

Nadesico Pilot goes: Ryoko > Gai > Saburota > Tsukumo > Hikaru > Isumi > Genichiro

FMP Pilot goes: Galli > Kurz > Melissa > Belfangan(who?)

- Bottom Tier:
Bonta
Akatsuki
Sol Tekkaman

You put Gaogaigar (sp) after the subunits from its series? That kinda surprised me, but I admit I don't know them that well. Same with the Seed Astray units going below those guys. I guess I heavily underrated those colored robot dudes.

GaoGaiGar pros is its alvailability(mid game before Kaiser, he is essentially your first power unit in tPart 2) and durability(esp after Genesic)

However, GaoGaiGar has the same problem as most Highly Damaging Super in the game, which is not having a movement(7 Mov, same as Kaiser) and EN issue

Except GaoGaiGar did not justify it with massive damage output(see: Kaiser/Great) or Multi PIlot(this is mainly for high movement stuff, which is shown by King J-Der and Tekkaman Blade, and mainly Shin Getter), and his EN issue happen to be one of the worst because his finisher is expensive(Kaiser's 30 EN finisher is 1300 damage over Hell and Heaven, and is 20 EN cheaper) so hes not a good target for Enable. GaoGaiGar did not unlock Genesic Crusher until Mission 53, which is the third last chapter in this game. Genesic MAP is actually pretty useful during chapter 54. To be honest, Genesic would be higher if he acquired the Crusher sooner.

As for the Ryu Robots, they are insane and kinda overpowered(okay, everything is overpowered in W). They share EXP, so levelling one nets you 4 enchanced units. The red one can act as an extra Rouse Bot, and they have effectively no Will issue because they have Spirit on their own. Their finisher is the strongest out of any GGG mecha(at 6300 and 6580 at 1-8 Range, 50 EN out of 150/160), and following the late game upgrade where they can cross combine, you essentially deployed 8 unit with 4 unit slot. They can also contribute around 4 powerful attacks per turn, and do it again next turn with Ressuply assistance.

Their weakness are standard super robot faire. The red one are one of your Rouse Bot, so in a case of 1 - 2 turn clears, their contribution are relatively limited. They have movement issue, having 6 move even when combined, but this is pretty well covered with their double spirit pools. They also have some EN issue, but thankfully, their split - Combine attack are pretty cheap.

As for Astray, Gai lacked damage and movement, and a solid Post movement, while Lowe lacks Assail(which is pretty significant during his Power Loader times) and Damage. Akai Ichigeki is downright the worst attack in the game(100 EN for 5500 ATK is really terrible).

Note that Gai and Lowe is pretty solid at the Top of High Tier. Above them is GGG which has solid damage, Ryu who is.... Ryu, Blue Earth and Million Alpha which is your only source of Enable while still having solid supporter spirit commands, and Aki, which, combined with Blade is basically a completely superior version of Gai and Lowe

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner