Hector Hard Mode

Raven

HHM is hard. I find it harder than any other mode to keep my units alive, especially on chapters such as "The Peddler Merlinus" and the chapter where you must protect the throne, 15x I think the chapter is...

I've never found abusing the arena so hard and tedious either. To find battles cheap enough to make sure your units will win is a huge pain in the ass.

I've not finished HHM yet, but I'm looking forward to such chapters where I need to keep Zephiel safe, as well as recruit Nino and Jaffar... Should be a good challenge.

HHM is hard. I find it harder than any other mode to keep my units alive, especially on chapters such as "The Peddler Merlinus" and the chapter where you must protect the throne, 15x I think the chapter is...

I've never found abusing the arena so hard and tedious either. To find battles cheap enough to make sure your units will win is a huge pain in the ass.

I've not finished HHM yet, but I'm looking forward to such chapters where I need to keep Zephiel safe, as well as recruit Nino and Jaffar... Should be a good challenge.

Nah I disagree. Its not the most hardest mode throughout the game when comparing to the other FE's HM such as FE6's HM, FE4's and FE9 Maniac mode.

Nah I disagree. Its not the most hardest mode throughout the game when comparing to the other FE's HM such as FE6's HM, FE4's and FE9 Maniac mode.

I was talking about just the FE7 difficulty modes, but neither have I tried any of those other modes you've mentioned either. I'll give them a spin one day though.

Raven's Raven (XD) died, like, 6 times Arena Abusing. He told me on MSN. =P

I haven't done HHM. I lost my FE7 >_<.

Haha yes, that was my older HHM save file, in which I got to Four-Fanged Offense, then realised I forgot about the Ocean Seal at the Nabata Desert, as well as Heath getting killed in the Nabata Desert... Was not a good day for me. I got annoyed with it and so I restarted HHM. My current Raven has yet to experience a loss.

Tactics

Each chapter has a set number of turns in which they must be completed, and you receive 1 point each time you do so. On survival chapters, this point is earned by killing the boss. Get enough points, and you'll get 5 stars.

Survival

No one dies.

Funds

You must have an enormous amount of money, mostly gained by denying promotion to very many characters.

Exp

Try to gain as much experience as possible, like 20ing but not promoting several characters.

Combat

This is a ratio of battles fought to enemies killed. Try to keep it as low as possible.

FE9's maniac mode is... easy. >___>...

I actually found FE9 to be really easy.

If you A or S rank Lyn's mode, she'll return with a White Gem (for Funds).

Yeah, I've noticed her do that sometimes, but not recently since I've been abusing Lundgren for Sain's experience to make him Paladin, and to get Nils's level up past lv7. That messed with my Tactics ranking I guess. And Combat too, no doubt.

Hmm, yes, I found HHM a little difficult. I've been stuck on the ship chapter for a long time since there is always someone dying, and that is due to my bad strategy probably. Still haven't completed it and I also got bored of it, though it would be nice to finish it so then I have finished all modes of FE7!

Hmm, yes, I found HHM a little difficult. I've been stuck on the ship chapter for a long time since there is always someone dying, and that is due to my bad strategy probably. Still haven't completed it and I also got bored of it, though it would be nice to finish it so then I have finished all modes of FE7!

Definitely, it takes alot of brainpower and good units to get Matthew from the top of your ship after stealing the Elysian Whip off that Pegasus Knight to the bottom of the ship on the left to steal the Guiding Ring off the boss, then rescue him with a mounted unit to save his ass from getting destroyed by the boss... As well as holding back those shamans on the left, those peg knight reinforcements lining the south of the map moving north, and the sword users coming from the right, as well as the ship which appears behind yours in the last 3 turns churning out shamans and sword users.... It's a busy chapter, to say the least...

i still havent tried HHM yet. I heard it was hard and i didnt want to deal with it, but i think i'll give it a go

You should one day. You could almost say it's... fun... compared to the other game modes, due to the amount of pressure the game puts you under sometimes. For example, trying to rescue Pent in the desert stage so he doesn't take all the experience to get to the Genesis chapter. That's hard work.

You should one day. You could almost say it's... fun... compared to the other game modes, due to the amount of pressure the game puts you under sometimes. For example, trying to rescue Pent in the desert stage so he doesn't take all the experience to get to the Genesis chapter. That's hard work.

yeah freakin pent is always taking my bonus experience away

i have a lot of time on my hands so i'll get to it!

No kidding, not to mention HHM's Cog of Destiny was a total chaos without lots of units with high resistance and lots of Restore staffs. There's going to be like dozens of Valkyries with like what 20+ spd or so running around with Sleep, Berserk, and Silence staves I was like WTF?! Then there's the many other Eclipse, Purge, and Bolting users as well I was like screw that I'm done. I consider Cog of Destiny on HHM most difficult chapter of all. Most characters can't even double the dozens of Valkyries running around without having the spd bless or Arena abuse. Also, Genesis Chapter on HHM is much nastier, especially if you were to aim for a high tactics rating.

• 2 months later...

I've just finished chapter 19xx (part 2), and I'm on the dragon's gate right now... I'm doing better than I'd expected this time round. After deleting my last data due to myself being unhappy with my progress, this save file is going well.