Cordelia vs. Tharja

ZemZem

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the more likable character?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna say Tharja for me. Some of her supports just make me laugh (though I haven't seen many Cordelia supports).

"You have my blood right? I'm going to need some of it back..." (or something like that) made me laugh so much when I read it.

Pathetic person > abusive mother. Hell, pretty much anything > abusive mother.

Also, far as I can tell, Henry is nowhere near as bad as Tharja. He likes blood and death, but he doesn't hurt people for no reason, and he loves animals.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Cynthia >>>>>>>> everyone.

tumblr_mka8nhxdpw1qfbsp5o1_500.jpg

Edited by bottlegnomes

But Chrom very well could get one at some point, I'd think, being the Lord and all.

It's not often at all that a male character gets an impressive figure. I can't even think of any off the top of my head. I know Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate), Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero), Archer (FSN), Rider (FZ), Kiritsugu (FZ), and Lancer (FZ) didn't, and they were all hugely popular (with both ladies and guys). Figma's and lower quality figures, sure, but not highly detailed ones.

Only other character I can see really getting any chance at a really nice figure is Lucina, since she's insanely popular, has a single look (unlike the Avatar, who would otherwise also be popular enough), and is already more of a mascot than Chrom in terms of merchandise.

I just don't like how Tharja get's a figurine, when Chrom or Walhart probably won't.

Figures are for the sex symbols of the game. Why do you think animes sell figurines of the girls?

And she was voted most popular? >_>

In Japan, Tharja is very popular. It seems that across the pond, she isnt nearly as popular as say, Lucina.

I am...not entirely familiar with some of the cultural leanings of Japan, so maybe Rey-mang can explain why Tharja is far more popular there than she he is here?

could always just turn Chrom into a sex symbol, he does have a very nice butt as far as Summer DLC goes

I don't really like or dislike either. Tharja is more interesting, certainly. I feel that I would actually like her if she weren't a stalker, though. Cordelia is boring, but hardly warrants that much hate. Both could've been a lot better handled by the writers, as could most of the cast, really.

Yeah, if Cordelia was a real person, then certainly, she'd be pretty cool to hang out with. But she's not a real person, so her character kind of falls flat and doesn't really catch my attention as much as Tharja's did. That said, I don't particularly like Tharja either, but she's more interesting so as a character, not a person, she's more likeable to me.

Cordelia's character is acceptable in a game, but if she existed in real life, people probably wouldn't be as nice or defendant of her.

Not saying Tharja's that much better, but Cordelia's unrequited love would be frowned upon more if she actually existed.

Rey-mang can explain why Tharja is far more popular there than she he is here?

Hell if I know.

Maybe the whole "devotion to your spouse" thing? I was freaking surprised when the devs in the interview picked her as their most liked character as well.

If anyone is actually in love with any of these characters, seek help.

I AM. I AM.

I use both, don't see a reason to particularly dislike either. But I use both.

Will I marry MU to either of them? No. I prefer the "Endgame" theory, and my postgame (where pairings matter) strategies are all focused sheerly overpowering the enemy. (Read: 20+ Damage Dual Strikes. (guess what that means? Oh, that's right, at that point, procs are only sheer convenience (so, Lethality everywhere for non Apotheosis))) so basically, I'd wind up committing a terrible atrocity by wasting Morgan's potential with either, when I could marry a 2nd Gen and get something useful, like a crazy mod or another Aether, or Shadowgift so I can actually do some of my crazy strategems involving Olivia being in dangerous locations (hahaha, Olivia with Ragnell, +MAG/-DEF Aversa!Morgan Sage. Guess who all the enemies attack? Oh, that's right, the Nosferatu user!) (And, if you ask me, Severa only wants more SPD, Vantage and Wyvern (BREAKERS), which, AHEM! Lon'qu; and Noire wants Vantage and DF and doesn't really give a flying **** about what stats, but having more +SPD is great, so Gaius.) ...And Storywise Lucina makes more sense as a marriage.

...And Storywise Lucina makes more sense as a marriage.

I take a shot every time I hear this.

The same way I take a shot every time I hear "FeMU x Chrom is canon".

If anything, even with the existence of the Morgans, MU should just remain celibate.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Cordelia's character is acceptable in a game, but if she existed in real life, people probably wouldn't be as nice or defendant of her.

Yeah, I can see this being true. I knew she was just like me. Not many people are defendant of me either. But Cordy and I would stick together, for sure. Without a care for what others think of us. We'd still have each other.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I can see this being true. I knew she was just like me. Not many people are defendant of me either. But Cordy and I would stick together, for sure. Without a care for what others think of us. We'd still have each other.

Just like her? You're a natural genius at everything you do who can do no wrong and dislike this aspect about yourself because you're tired of being called a genius all the time? Because that's about all a lot of people get from Cordelia. And the Chrom thing. I'll grant your enthusiasm for Ike & Frederick gives her infatuation with Chrom a run for its money.

Just from the limited observations I have from you posting on a forum on the internet, you seem much more interesting and have much more depth than Cordelia. Most people do.

Edited by Sublime Manic

I don't actually hate either of them. Tharja's actually pretty interesting. Sure the hexing and the stalking is a little weird, but her attempts to be normal were hilarious. She's not winning many parenting awards however.

Just like her? You're a natural genius at everything you do who can do no wrong and dislike this aspect about yourself because you're tired of being called a genius all the time? Because that's about all a lot of people get from Cordelia. And the Chrom thing. I'll grant your enthusiasm for Ike & Frederick gives her infatuation with Chrom a run for its money.

Just from the limited observations I have from you posting on a forum on the internet, you seem much more interesting and have much more depth than Cordelia. Most people do.

I didn't meant it LITERALLY. And duh, a real life person will always have more depth than a fictional character. But actually, I am good at most things I try and am told that I'm very talented. I've gone through a lot of unrequited love. I play a musical instrument, and people hate me for the wrong reasons. Not a lot of people are nice to me either because of my flaws. And Cordelia is looked down upon for her flaw of having an obsession with Chrom and all.

Also, Cordelia not liking being called a genius is similar to how I don't like my art threads getting a lot more attention than others. And I'm surely not the only artist/writer around with stuff that's worth seeing/reading (worth it according to my work's fans, of course).

Edited by Anacybele