Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn destroyed as expected. Well, there's still Tharja and Ike.

Biggest disappointment of round 1 is Lenneth losing.

I actually expected Lenneth to lose. What I DID NOT expect, however, was Lenneth actually doing well for herself by getting 30% of the vote.

Tharja's just going to get rolled right over, but Ike... has an outside shot at round 3.

So I checked out this bracket. Here is a couple things I have to say about it.

-Its called character battle, but I noticed that there is the L-block, and the ? block. These are not characters. The L-block also won the battle. How is this possible? Not to mention, it was a blowout.

-There are a shitload of Final Fantasy characters in this bracket. Fire Emblem has 5 characters, Final Fantasy has 25 characters. What makes them so special?

-Tharja, how did she win? I seriously don't see why shes so popular. Am I missing something? She barely made it by, so I don't think she will advance any further.

-Master Chief didn't win. Holy shit I can't believe it lol. That made my day.

-Lucina, Golden Sun Issac, Welkin Gunther, Miles Edgeworth, and Cecil Harvey. Some of my favorites are out. My vote wouldn't have mattered either.

-The end result seems kind of obvious to me. There's Link, Cloud, Sonic, Solid Snake, Megaman, and Mario. It wouldn't surprise me if they were all part of the final nine.

-Its called character battle, but I noticed that there is the L-block, and the ? block. These are not characters. The L-block also won the battle. How is this possible? Not to mention, it was a blowout.

-There are a shitload of Final Fantasy characters in this bracket. Fire Emblem has 5 characters, Final Fantasy has 25 characters. What makes them so special?

-Tharja, how did she win? I seriously don't see why shes so popular. Am I missing something? She barely made it by, so I don't think she will advance any further.

-Lucina, Golden Sun Issac, Welkin Gunther, Miles Edgeworth, and Cecil Harvey. Some of my favorites are out. My vote wouldn't have mattered either.

-The end result seems kind of obvious to me. There's Link, Cloud, Sonic, Solid Snake, Megaman, and Mario. It wouldn't surprise me if they were all part of the final nine.

No idea on the first two.

Tharja won only because her opponents were weak. Even then, it was close. It looks even worse in light of other Western characters also crapping the bed.

-check out the 2007 contest, ultimate hilarity with L-Block

-Final Fantasy is by far the #2 series on the site in contest strength (after Zelda)

-scrub match

-Master Chief has sucked every year except 2007

-I've got nothing

-don't forget the Charizard>Mega Man upset special!

No idea on the first two.

Tharja won only because her opponents were weak. Even then, it was close. It looks even worse in light of other Western characters also crapping the bed.

-check out the 2007 contest, ultimate hilarity with L-Block

-Final Fantasy is by far the #2 series on the site in contest strength (after Zelda)

-scrub match

-Master Chief has sucked every year except 2007

-I've got nothing

-don't forget the Charizard>Mega Man upset special!

I appreciate the responses. This is the first time I have seen these character battles going on, I just thought I would say some things.

Master Chief hasn't done very well? I'm surprised because the series is one of the best sellers on Xbox360.

I know Final Fantasy is one of the best series of all time, but I think 25 is too many imo. I can't really complain because I didn't make the bracket.

I am more of a Megaman X person, so I hope that upset happens.

Link is destroying the competition in these polls right now.

I appreciate the responses. This is the first time I have seen these character battles going on, I just thought I would say some things.

Master Chief hasn't done very well? I'm surprised because the series is one of the best sellers on Xbox360.

I know Final Fantasy is one of the best series of all time, but I think 25 is too many imo. I can't really complain because I didn't make the bracket.

I am more of a Megaman X person, so I hope that upset happens.

Link is destroying the competition in these polls right now.

From what I understand, Master Chief is one of, if not the most anti-voted character in these. (Only 53% on some dude named Felix. Losing to Sub-Zero in round 1. Needing the greatest comeback of all time to beat Donkey Kong, who, by the way, is rather notorious for choking matches away on GameFAQs. Also, back in 2004, Halo itself went out in round 1, losing to StarCraft.)

Edited by Levant Fortner

From what I understand, Master Chief is one of, if not the most anti-voted character in these. (Only 53% on some dude named Felix. Losing to Sub-Zero in round 1. Needing the greatest comeback of all time to beat Donkey Kong, who, by the way, is rather notorious for choking matches away on GameFAQs. Also, back in 2004, Halo itself went out in round 1, losing to StarCraft.)

haha Starcraft, best division ever

I'd rahter have Draven win than Link AGAIN.

Snake>Link>Mario hype!.....well not anymore

edit: on the plus side Sephiroth will get his first board vote win in years.....won't matter though

Edited by shadykid

The one thing that really bothers me is that before the rallying, Draven was absolutely pathetic (as in, doubled by Jak and losing to Chie level bad)...

bets on Shepard's % in round 3?

I could see him going to Chester levels, even people who would normally anti-vote Link (like me!) are voting for him this time

At this rate, I'm thinking he'll sink to the single digits. One dude on GFAQs said that he might wind up with like 5 or 6%.

Edited by Levant Fortner

2 things:

1. when Sephiroth fanboys jump ship to vote Link, you know something happened

2. man, Link's percentage on Shepard is gonna be hilarious

we might as well start calling #2 "GameFAQs SFF," it's already happening with MMX/Ryu

Edited by shadykid