Several Fire Emblem Characters featured in Gamefaqs' Chracter Battle IX

Aurabolt

You're just ignoring everything I say at this point, aren't you... Don't tell me you honestly believe Mewtwo would win that easily 1-on-1.

I don't get how I'm ignoring what you're saying. I'm responding to every point.

Not everything comes down to sapping in multi-way battles. I don't see why every battle has to be explained by sapping. Each of these three competitors have a strong base. Mewtwo just has a stronger base than the other two. He has increased relevancy due to X and Y mega forms.

I don't see how Mario is essentially Sonic or vice versa. I have yet to see another contest where this comes into play.

That would be yet another completely different battle. Mewtwo's pretty unproven, but has had a strong showing with increased relevance.

Pokemon has a stronger base than other characters.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how I'm ignoring what you're saying. I'm responding to every point.

Not everything comes down to sapping in multi-way battles. I don't see why every battle has to be explained by sapping. Each of these three competitors have a strong base. Mewtwo just has a stronger base than the other two. He has increased relevancy due to X and Y mega forms.

I don't see how Mario is essentially Sonic or vice versa. I have yet to see another contest where this comes into play.

That would be yet another completely different battle.

Pokemon has a stronger base than other characters.

True, not everything comes down to SFF in multi-way polls, but the fact remains that it's less determined by strength and more by who else is in the poll. Let's go back to Mario/Vivi. If Ganondorf was replaced with, say, Ryu, in all likelihood, Vivi would have pretty much no chance of upsetting Mario.

True, not everything comes down to SFF in multi-way polls, but the fact remains that it's less determined by strength and more by who else is in the poll. Let's go back to Mario/Vivi. If Ganondorf was replaced with, say, Ryu, in all likelihood, Vivi would have pretty much no chance of upsetting Mario.

Well yeah, I think agreed with that when it happened and posted that here. I do think SFF can happen of course, but it doesn't happen in every battle. This is one such battle.

I think before your claim SFF, there has to be evidence of SFF. I just haven't seen evidence of SFF with Sonic and Mario (pr even more broadly Nintendo) characters. Perhaps this is the first instance in which we will see it, but I'm willing to bet it was between the quintessential Sonic and Mario characters (Sonic and Mario), they each would have strong bases and would not have SFF even be considered. Same with Luigi and Knuckles, or Robotnik and Bowser (although Robotnik might do bad just because he's not that good at these things).

Well yeah, I think agreed with that when it happened and posted that here. I do think SFF can happen of course, but it doesn't happen in every battle. This is one such battle.

I think before your claim SFF, there has to be evidence of SFF. I just haven't seen evidence of SFF with Sonic and Mario (pr even more broadly Nintendo) characters. Perhaps this is the first instance in which we will see it, but I'm willing to bet it was between the quintessential Sonic and Mario characters (Sonic and Mario), they each would have strong bases and would not have SFF even be considered. Same with Luigi and Knuckles, or Robotnik and Bowser (although Robotnik might do bad just because he's not that good at these things).

well to be fair Link/Sonic implied either SFF or Luigi/MMX>Sonic (which isn't that unlikely!)

Like shadykid said, odds are there was SFF between Link and Sonic in 2010. Luigi or Mega Man X being stronger just doesn't sound that plausible, since we still have no clue where X is in relation to classic Mega Man, and Sonic pounded Luigi in 2006.

Like shadykid said, odds are there was SFF between Link and Sonic in 2010. Luigi or Mega Man X being stronger just doesn't sound that plausible, since we still have no clue where X is in relation to classic Mega Man, and Sonic pounded Luigi in 2006.

MMX/Ryu says X is probably at that level, then again that was in a loldraven match

MMX/Ryu says X is probably at that level, then again that was in a loldraven match

I guess, but yeah, the whole Draven thing prevents me from considering it good evidence.

At any rate, next is Sora/Pikachu/Blue. Sora SHOULD win, but with Pokédrones dominating the contest, who knows.

Or not. Blue's just getting left in the dust.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Wow, even with Blue leeching votes, Pikachu is still dominating. Just shows how much a new upcoming game affects things.

Sadly this means Snake's gonna destroy Squirtle and Pikachu.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Wow, even with Blue leeching votes, Pikachu is still dominating. Just shows how much a new upcoming game affects things.

Sadly this means Snake's gonna destroy Squirtle and Pikachu.

I'd say this is more Blue rolling over and dying, as well as Pika getting railed.

I guess no one finds L-Block funny anymore. Perhaps after seeing cloud fall to squirtle, FF7 fans want to see Tifa do well. However, Samus appears to be advancing. If Red and Charizard advance, we will get to see if Samus can overcome Pokemon's increasing influence. Charizard and Red are weaker than Pikachu and Squirtle from what I've seen thus far. Additionally, SFF is not very effective against Pokemon, but the two weakest characters plus the only remaining nintendo noble niner could really give them a run for their money.

I guess no one finds L-Block funny anymore. Perhaps after seeing cloud fall to squirtle, FF7 fans want to see Tifa do well. However, Samus appears to be advancing. If Red and Charizard advance, we will get to see if Samus can overcome Pokemon's increasing influence. Charizard and Red are weaker than Pikachu and Squirtle from what I've seen thus far. Additionally, SFF is not very effective against Pokemon, but the two weakest characters plus the only remaining nintendo noble niner could really give them a run for their money.

Perhaps. But at the same time, it's also likely that it'll get rallied, though whether or not that makes a difference, who knows. As an aside, I'm kinda disappointed that Pika/Sora/Blue essentially turned out to be Kirby/Terra/Peach all over again.

If Red and/or Charizard manage to blow it in their positions, that's got to be the flop of the contest.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Too bad Squirtle and Pikachu are gonna nike each other and Red and CHarizard will do the same if CHarizard beats Megaman.

save_us.mewtwo.

It's kinda fitting, really. Most of the Pokémon entrants got this far by riding the coattails of SFF (Sonic was weakened by Bowser, Crono was leeched by Magus, Fox was drained by Wolf), and now SFF is precisely what'll destroy them (that is, unless one rolls over and dies).

Edited by Levant Fortner

looks like 3 of the Noble Nine, one in each section (Sephiroth, Snake, Samus) will actually win their divisions, unless Mega Man pulls a miracle

that's a hell of a "tribute" to them, SBAllen!

FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE

for some reason I feel like red and charizard will fall to samus, but either pikachu or squirtle will prevail over snake. they are stronger than charizard and red, and snake will be the weakest of the remaining noble nine (aside from a possible Mega Man).