GhastStation's Sprite Gallery

ghast

good call, I;ll try just some symbols instead. Yeah it read Black Brutal. It was the first to words that came to my mind when thinking of what to put on lol.

idk

I was on stuff.

But I'll try to make an abbreviation or something similar, thanks!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, some tattoo refs:

13018327b4736bd5416dec934e5fcf95.png (+AthWrym)

198981750674fd0099d7e0095a716149.png

Cool stuff by Pi, which you should probably check out:

481eb7d766025db6583810e1a533fd7b.png

252594e71e3dbeafd35f7279e5a939a4.png

Hawkeye's tattoo isn't bad, either, but uses a lot of darkest skin tone. I'm psure there are other refs, but I haven't them on hand.

Here, some tattoo refs:

13018327b4736bd5416dec934e5fcf95.png (+AthWrym)

198981750674fd0099d7e0095a716149.png

Cool stuff by Pi, which you should probably check out:

481eb7d766025db6583810e1a533fd7b.png

252594e71e3dbeafd35f7279e5a939a4.png

Hawkeye's tattoo isn't bad, either, but uses a lot of darkest skin tone. I'm psure there are other refs, but I haven't them on hand.

yGqrKeH.png

tried a more tribal look. Not sure if I got the shading right or whatever, I referenced that and Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

Edit: lORC0Oa.png those colors are probs better eh?

Thoughts?

Edited by GhastStation

It's really overshaded. If you've noticed with the refs, most of the shading is pretty minimal. The idea is to just barely AA the edges so that it doesn't look rough when zoomed out. That and the overall arm shape is still kind of wonky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

xvyxbXk.png

i was on a roll, then i got stuck and now im fucking lost and i hate everything.

I feel like everything is pointing in different directions or soemthign??!?!

KBQ71EE.png

Greatest farmer of all time, btw.

in the meantime i tried to make the face not as squished. and messed around with different fe8 bodies.

O-face ghast needs to stay though.

Tr1gREF.png

Edited by Ghatsu!

ʬ8ʬ very sexc many tool such working

I think the thing that really sticks out is the fact that the shading is so deep while FE style usually doesn't do that (maybe FE8 shading does?). It almost makes you look like you're covered in oil. maybay that's the look you're going for though, mrowwwww It's also what makes the nose look bigger than it is.

example: MHkeb5j.gif

Edited by Alusq

ʬ8ʬ very sexc many tool such working

I think the thing that really sticks out is the fact that the shading is so deep while FE style usually doesn't do that (maybe FE8 shading does?). It almost makes you look like you're covered in oil. maybay that's the look you're going for though, mrowwwww It's also what makes the nose look bigger than it is.

example: MHkeb5j.gif

gif 2 fast cant follow along

gif 2 fast cant follow along

nykUoPG.png

vegetable oil -> less vegetable oil

I may or may not have forgotten that not everyone has a "give .gifs play/pause buttons and auto-pause them when they first load" browser extension

Edited by Alusq

Oh nooo you cut off part of the body in this recent update, on the cloak.

Anyway I feel like you might be looking at the photo a tad too much, I think it needs to be stylized more to fit in with FE style. The face is fairly pillowy, I think you need to use more of the lightest skin tone in general instead of making bands of each tone like that to define the shadows on the edge of the face. It'd probably be worth checking out some side facing sprites?

The lips are kinda overshaded yeah like Alusq was saying, and the way that the upper lip/face are so close to the tip of the nose makes it look kinda like duckface.

xkSiOUh.png8062711a6190dab406cb819222f5f4ae.png

In the middle of typing that I decided to go in and try to doop with it because I knew there were things besides that--anyway I rounded the forehead some, made the hair stick out from top of head a bit, rounded the headphones so they read a bit better(kinda?), added some AA to eyebrows/eyes, changed the shape of the chin/lip area and I think that's it, I'm kinda getting a headache now so I gotta stop. Hope that helps in some way tho my edits already look rather specific to the Mew-style :B

Truly nobody nose of the ordeals you've faced

disappeared from skype because house internet decided to start being a pièce de merde btw

its k because we stopped speaking french kik

Oh nooo you cut off part of the body in this recent update, on the cloak.

i shoulda mentioned that i was just messing with the face and neglected to fix everything else :P

Anyway I feel like you might be looking at the photo a tad too much, I think it needs to be stylized more to fit in with FE style. The face is fairly pillowy, I think you need to use more of the lightest skin tone in general instead of making bands of each tone like that to define the shadows on the edge of the face. It'd probably be worth checking out some side facing sprites?

will do

The lips are kinda overshaded yeah like Alusq was saying, and the way that the upper lip/face are so close to the tip of the nose makes it look kinda like duckface.

aaah i see it thanks

xkSiOUh.png8062711a6190dab406cb819222f5f4ae.png

In the middle of typing that I decided to go in and try to doop with it because I knew there were things besides that--anyway I rounded the forehead some, made the hair stick out from top of head a bit, rounded the headphones so they read a bit better(kinda?), added some AA to eyebrows/eyes, changed the shape of the chin/lip area and I think that's it, I'm kinda getting a headache now so I gotta stop. Hope that helps in some way tho my edits already look rather specific to the Mew-style :B

I'll try reshading while referencing side faces, thanks!

• 5 months later...