Long hair or short hair?

Junkhead

Lately I've been thinking about leaving my hair long like I used to have it. I actually like it both ways, but I think I kind of prefer it like I used to have it...I'm very indecisive about it, asd growing long hair takes a bit of comittment and you have to work on it and be quite patient. Meanwhile, if I were to keep it short, now should be the time to cut because it tends to look ugly during the mid-stage of development...and going half-way and then cutting it off out of regret is just urgh...

Anyway, have in mind that when I had long hair, I used to treat it decently (tidy, daily wash) and not untied and "hippie"-like.

EDIT: Tips would probably help. Mostly tips on dealing with the mid-phase of hair-length, since it tends to be a huge blow on my self-esteem (I'm self-concious .-.)

Edited by Soul

Short hair requires less maintenance and is much cooler in the summer. Long hair on men only looks good if it's properly groomed or kept a certain way. I think short hair's better since it's less fuss and you can still style it nicely.

It might depend on what exactly you mean by "long." I used to be forced into shortening my hair whenever it got past my ears, so any longer than that starts to seem "long" to me. (as it happens, I've gotten a bit sick of having hair that short, but don't really know what to do with it/what to shoot for/how hair even works, in any circumstance)

General consensus is that short hair looks better, but you should just do you bro. You seem to be aware that longer hair takes work and upkeep to look good, but chances are that if long hair works on someone, then it REALLY works. Nothing's wrong with experimenting with longer more risky hair styles, they can add individuality. But if you want to play it safe or if you're always feeling self-conscious, short would be the better option.

Sure it has the added amount of work involved, I'd say do long hair if you really want, like RPG said, if long hair works on someone then it works... I have long hair and i've gotten some weird complements from various people... and creepily enough, from more men than women... but it's generally all the same, "You're hair is so beautiful, can I have some?"

EDIT: I can't believe guys actually say this to me

Edited by Soledai

Short hair didn't really suck that much,

They were more variable and easy to shape in preference,,

but yeah, since it's summer, it would be so itching while having a long hair,,

guys can say nice things too, soledai

True enough. But I never said they couldn't, just that it was strange, so allow me reiterate, I can't fathom why so many guys are saying that to me

I suppose in these parts, guys want long hair... in retrospect, I feel a little less weirded out now

I think long hair is the best on all genders forever so I'm completely biased towards that

But really, whatever one you feel most comfortable having. Your hair. Your body.

I heard flipping a coin is good for decisions like this. The result of the coin flip does not matter but sometimes you'll find yourself rooting for one side and that's likely what you want more.

In the end it really depends on the individual and how they decide to work their style

I don't think short hair looks bad anyway

I just think long hair looks better overall

Like if you give me short hair chris hemsworth he's still ridiculously hot but then long hair chris hemsworth and it's like

/damn/

Edited by Thor Odinson

first off, soul, you're sexy no matter what

i've done both extremes of long and short hair. even though having a lowtop fade makes the body look hard (and is also effortless maintenance) it didn't always make me happy. extremely long hair always needs to be styled in a certain way, with or without the assistance of products, or i just end up looking like a dirty douchey mofo who doesn't take care of himself. there's cons to both for me, so i actually ended up in your dreaded med(ium) hair phase.

my only protip here for it is to make sure you get a trim haircut often to make sure it properly layers into long hair, especially cutting the curly parts that can occur during this phase. do your usual shampoo & conditioner in separate bottles every other day and you can just go with a messy bedhair look everyday. or if you're actually going somewhere for a nice dinner => back to my hotel room kinda thing: you should probably comb into your natural wave after shower, then shake it out into relaxed or just leave it, depending on your mood. after a while of getting used to this, you'll finally get to the long hair you wanted, and it'll look sexy from day 1.

anyway, i hope this helps you out with your medium hair phase. i'm in this phase too myself (by choice), so i feel for ya.

p.s. i miss you bby

It might depend on what exactly you mean by "long." I used to be forced into shortening my hair whenever it got past my ears, so any longer than that starts to seem "long" to me. (as it happens, I've gotten a bit sick of having hair that short, but don't really know what to do with it/what to shoot for/how hair even works, in any circumstance)

I have this exact problem> I have no fucking clue on what looks good as far as hair goes, much less my own. On top of that I've lost a _ton_ of hair in the last few years without actually losign hairline i"m not sure what to think anymore.

I dislike short hair more than long hair. I like my hair the way it is now (somewhat medium-long), but I've let it grow wild...

Edit: Conclusion is I prefer mid-length hair. Easy enough to manage and I don't feel a breeze.

Edited by Interest