Your Favorites in the Soundtrack?

tearing shadows is probably my favorite track in the series

oh fuck this isn't in general

uhhhhhhh

most of this game's soundtrack aside from clash of two virtues was actually pretty unmemorable for me

Edited by CT075

• 4 months later...

The one track that gets me thinking about this game over and over again is Preparations. I've sat and listened to that theme for cumulative hours, trying to figure out who I want reclassed to what. In a way, I treat it like Shadow Dragon's main theme. All in all, Preparations is great thinking music and one of my favorite things about Shadow Dragon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

11: Clash of 2 virtues, together we ride yeah it's in both i know stfu, a hero's destiny

12: Dark Emperor Hardin, Towards Victory, Holy War, Dragon's Altar

Edited by Gradivus.

Without question it's A Hero's Destiny. Easily my favourite map theme in the entire series. It's so full of with sombre melancholy yet has that lingering sense of perseverance in it, it reflects on that part of the game's plot perfectly.

"The journey has been hard fought but we will see it through, to the bitter end."

It's just even better when taken into account how it's a reworked minor key of the extremely optimistic The Time to Act at the start of the game where there are just countless hopes all weighed up, the outset is just so positive. But the harsh reality and losses incurred brings with it that bleakness that translates into the new version of the song.

I seriously would not have liked Shadow Dragon as much as I did if it wasn't for this song really.

After the Battle, Footsteps of Fate and For Tomorrow's Sake are other ones that comes to mind as well, for similar reasons. I do have an affinity somewhat for more gloomy songs.

Edited by Irysa

• 2 weeks later...

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of this game's soundtrack. However, it is solid overall and there are a few really good ones:

Prelude (Probably the best opening music of any game in the series)

Preparations

Footsteps of Fate

For Liberty (Underrated song imo)

Medeus, Shadow Dragon

A HERO'S DESTINY

Far and away best song in the game. One of Fire Emblem's strongest areas is lategame music (Proud Fight, Unending Task, Inescapable Fate, Truth Despair and Hope, Divine Decree, the list goes on and on). In my opinion, this one tops them all. Seriously, I love this song so much. I'm replaying Shadow Dragon partially for this song. It really sets up the end of the game well, with the somber melody and building intensity. All in all, a great song.

Shadow Dragon's OST is a bit of a mixed bag for me, most are kinda meh but there are a handful I like.

"Dark Clouds Gather" Is buzzing whenever I'm in a rush like when I have to go to the bathroom but its occupied.

"Come, Join Us" is a nice throwback/remix to the original "Together We Ride" and the original recruitment theme from FE1

"The Valiant Challenger" too is a nice throwback/remix to my favorite track in FE8, "Follow Me!"

"A Deadly Test of Might" gotta love that FE9 Attack remix theme.

"For Tomorrow's Sake" that one's pretty underrated I think. Really good.

"Clash of Two Virtues" is my all time fave in SD's OST

"Into the Darkness"/"Looming Danger" very nice FE5 remixes

Out of the 4 Fire Emblem games that I've played, this game has my favorite soundtrack.

Some of my favorites are

"After the Battle"

"For Liberty"

"Trouble!"

"Gotah, White Sage"

"Footsteps of Fate"

"On the Path to Victory"

"A Hero's Destiny"

"A Clash of Two Virtues"

And, like everyone else "Come, Join Us" because who doesn't like this theme?

Edited by Star and Moon

• 3 weeks later...

The PREPARATIONS screen.

I'd love this be midi-fied for GBA hacking goodness.

However. I did notice some small 'hint' of Final Fantasy Tactics' songs in the second DS game. As if the musicians had been inspired by Hitoshi Sakimoto's style for several of the tutorial chapers. (The hint gets strong in some of the first maps and scenes.)

Edited by Vagrant

Out of the handheld Fire Emblem games, Shadow Dragon easily has my favourite soundtrack. The remixes are pretty nice and most of the new songs are great. My favourites are:

Fire Emblem Theme

Footsteps of Fate

Trouble

The Time to Act

Come, Join Us

After the Battle

A Hero's Destiny (easily my favourite map theme in the series)

The Proud Commander

Clash of Two Virtues

I love the music from both DSFEs, but listing all the songs I like from the two games would be a little excessive. My favorites are:

A Hero's Destiny(one of my top 3 map themes in the series)

Forbidden Sanctuary(another of my top 3 map themes)

Clash of Two Virtues

Reign of Despair

Come, Join Us

Trouble

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game has amazing music... makes me realize how much I miss the awesome RPG tunes compared to Awakening's strategic sounding music.

- Come, Join Us (the most iconic theme of the franchise IMO)

- Stalwart Opposition (just sounds cool)

- Clash of Two Virtues (so epic, Camus is really cool too)

- Medeus, Shadow Dragon (Super Famicom version is better though)
- A Deadly Test of Might (makes me wish I bought POR)
- Trouble! (very underrated, also part of SD Medley in Brawl)

I love this game's soundtrack. Is hard to choose favorites, but my favorites are:

"Footsteps of Fate", "Preparations", "Come, Join Us", "Gotoh, White Sage", "Gharnef, Lord of Shadow", "The Little Divine Dragon", "The Proud Commander", "Clash of Two Virtues", "Showdown in Doluna Keep" and "Last Revels".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Painfull Farewell is pretty much the best "Dying Unit" OST so far.