Gameplay-Wise,Who is the worse wife for Male Avatar?

Worse wife for MU(Gameplay Wise)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Worse wife for Gamplay

• Lissa
    • Sully
    • Miriel
    • Sumia
    • Maribelle
    • Panne
    • Cordelia
    • Nowi
    • Tharja
    • Anna
    • Olivia
    • Cherche
    • Say'ri
    • Tiki
    • Flavia
    • Emmeryn
    • Aversa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean in terms of gameplay or the story?

Oh sorry, it evens says gameplay in the poll. Silly me.

Say'ri's an amazing mother for Morgan, giving her a jumpstart to Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality and Pass and having her join with the very useful Vantage skill. Say'ri can also pass down Galeforce, Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Quick Burn, Deliverer and Lancefaire, or she can give Morgan a start on one of the female-only Rally skills in case you want a rallybot.

This is really the only one I feel I can properly respond to, as I know from experience.

Edited by Vashiane

well the title says "gameplay-wise" so what do you think :P

anyway, i'd say the worst waifu is emmeryn or aversa because they join late and morgan's availability is gonna be zilch.

well the title says "gameplay-wise" so what do you think :P

anyway, i'd say the worst waifu is emmeryn or aversa because they join late and morgan's availability is gonna be zilch.

Oh yeah, that was stupid of me. >_<

Aversa makes up for at least - she has Shadowgift, which passes down to Morgan automatically without any effort on your part.

Hm... Emmeryn, Lissa, and Maribelle all give a bad base class to work from.

Say'ri is actually a fairly decent mother. She can give Swordfaire and the Avatar can pass down Sol, then Morgan can go into Paladin or something. At least, that's how I'd plan it.

Say'ri!Morgan's mods with a +Strength -Luck Avatar:

5 -1 4 2 -3 3

Decent.

Here is Emmeryn!Morgan with a +Magic -Luck Avatar.

-2 8 1 4 -2 -1 4

Yeah. Good, but keep in mind that Morgan starts as a Cleric. Lissa and Maribelle as mothers are quite similar, except they provide another, opposite gender to Morgan child.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

I'll say Aversa; same issue as Emm, but harder to recruit (Because keeping someone who has the AI of a dead ostrich alive is just plain irritating; Rescue staves help, but that only means so much when it's like she purposely TRIES to get herself killed).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Aversa makes up for at least - she has Shadowgift, which passes down to Morgan automatically without any effort on your part.

i totally forgot about shadowgift. xD

anyway aversa is better than emm because of shadowgift.

Emmeryn... no Morgan until after chapter 25 is a huge problem if you are trying to play without grinding, plus you don't get a second kid or even an exclusive skill.

Edited by Meteor

I said Emmeryn, but I'm beginning to think it might be Aversa due to Shadowgift. Emm at least has time to learn a better skill to pass down (Galeforce notably), while Aversa is stuck passing Galeforce. Then again... this is all moot, since both don't really have time to pair up before you end the game (assuming gameplay wise means in-game).

You get them after chapter 25.

Chapter 25 is right before endgame.

That leaves the six side stories you just unlocked and nothing else (well possibly other side stories if you've left them).

Like I said I'm assuming that's what TC meant by gameplay. It seems a vague term to use though, since the only real comparisons are for in-game or postgame.

Depends on (MU's) Mods

...And Tiki is strictly inferior to Nowi.

Emm!Morgan is only 1 point Mag below Ricken!Noire Morgan, so... yeah, it's not her. (Unless MU's mods don't match)

Edited by Airship Canon

I'm pretty sure Emm!Morgan has the highest magic in the game as a sage. I might be wrong..

I'm voting Flavia due to plain blandness, low availability, and being a bad character.

I'm voting Emmerym, but really all of the Gen 1's that don't have their own children and don't give Morgan something special (shadowgift, Manakete, etc) are pretty bad wives for male Avatar IMO.

Edited by Virion

I said Emmeryn, but I'm beginning to think it might be Aversa due to Shadowgift. Emm at least has time to learn a better skill to pass down (Galeforce notably), while Aversa is stuck passing Galeforce. Then again... this is all moot, since both don't really have time to pair up before you end the game (assuming gameplay wise means in-game).

I think you accidentally left a typo. Aversa only passes Shadowgift and obviously "stuck passing Galeforce" is not a demerit. Considering how much time it will take Emm to get Galeforce to pass it along, I actually think just finishing Aversa's support ASAP, passing Shadowgift, and insta-class changing Morgan into a dark flier is going to get you Galeforce faster than passing it through Emm because Morgan's exp gain is going to be faster.

I honestly think Flavia is the worst parent, just because she comes so late and her bases are close to the bare minimum needed to be functional. She doesn't really pass anything noteworthy wherewas Emmeryn can pass one of the highest magic caps in the game. As much as Flavia is cool, she just doesn't stand out and you'll still only end up with one child.

I think you accidentally left a typo. Aversa only passes Shadowgift and obviously "stuck passing Galeforce" is not a demerit. Considering how much time it will take Emm to get Galeforce to pass it along, I actually think just finishing Aversa's support ASAP, passing Shadowgift, and insta-class changing Morgan into a dark flier is going to get you Galeforce faster than passing it through Emm because Morgan's exp gain is going to be faster.

I dunno - I found Emm to be a hell of a lot more convenient to get than Aversa, since I don't have to put up with god-effing-awful NPC AI that's just too dumb to live.

Wasn't there a topic a while back about how Aversa and Walhart only pass down Shadowgift and Conquest respectively?

That said, I'm gonna go with Flavia due to bland modifiers. As far as Morgan is concerned, I will likely Second Seal them out of their base class either way.

Yeah my bad, I meant being stuck passing Shadowgift, which is kind of sucky. Passing Galeforce is great, passing shadowgift is... of minimal worth to Morgan. Until postgame at least, but even then, there's usually better options.

Emm at least passes tomefaire, which Morgan can make good use of. That's something.

Edited by Tables

Oh sorry, it evens says gameplay in the poll. Silly me.

Say'ri's an amazing mother for Morgan, giving her a jumpstart to Astra, Swordfaire, Lethality and Pass and having her join with the very useful Vantage skill. Say'ri can also pass down Galeforce, Swordbreaker, Lancebreaker, Quick Burn, Deliverer and Lancefaire, or she can give Morgan a start on one of the female-only Rally skills in case you want a rallybot.

This is really the only one I feel I can properly respond to, as I know from experience.

Why mention the Assassin skills knowing they suck? IMO, Assassins have some of the worst skills besides snipers.

I guess, though I just think Shadowgift is nothing to write home about.

Why mention the Assassin skills knowing they suck? IMO, Assassins have some of the worst skills besides snipers.

I guess, though I just think Shadowgift is nothing to write home about.

Lethality's more of a placeholder skill, and if he runs a Streetpass team, it's always a nice skill to have on someone for that purpose.

I usually keep it on someone - like the children - just for lolz until they can get something else.

It's better on Morgan than Aversa, who only has two classes that utilize the skill unlike Morgan's six (I believe it's six). And plus, unlike Emmeryn, she starts out as a viable attacking class in case you don't automatically have a Master Seal to give her rather than have to endure her paralogue as a Cleric.